BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

EXXEL Distributions

04-25-2011, 09:20 AM   #89
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by ns2000x View Post
Also I'm thinking of getting a personalized plate the same as my european plate:

M 2531 Z

Nostalgic or a waste of $250?
Waste!Put them on the wall in the garage!
That's a good idea Duncan.

'11 BMW M3 E90 Jerez - Fox | '17 BMW i3 BEV Protonic - Dalbergia
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 04:02 PM   #90
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

So??? When are the official pics coming?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 10:36 PM   #91
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
So??? When are the official pics coming?
OK. I don't have any DSLR photo's yet, because I've had too many things to do, and when I wasn't doing them I was driving!

So I went by the dealer at lunch and asked what the chances of them having everything done today were. The Sales Manager discussed with the service manager and said "not good". So I informed the SM that I'd like the plates and I'd be taking the car now, and I'd come back for the nav / teleservices / sat radio / (detailing <- there offer not my suggestion).

So about an hour and a half getting the insurance setup I was good to go. No dealer installed swirls in the paint. No front license plate mount yet. But I have an appointment on Wednesday for the clear bra, then will mount the bracket after consulting with the clear bra guy.

I then proceeded to peel off about 12 or 13 random transport and customs stickers from every piece of glass on the car it seemed.
The front euro plate left some nasty tape residue (that I dealt with at home).

Driving the M3 in Munich and the Alps was fun. Driving it on the local roads that I know, that is stupid fun! I'm losing my mind over here. It's unreal, I laughed manically after one series of curves.

I'm trying to follow the break in as a kind of guideline. The needle swung up to 6,000rpm a couple of times, other than that I've been varying things and learning all the settings better.

In more pedestrian news, the Britax is installed again, and has lots of space. At the grocery store I stuffed 4 large grocery bins, and 80lb's of cat litter in the trunk. All things I dropped off at home and then went on a rampage giggling at myself every time I merged on to the highway.

I hope this car makes me feel 12 years old for years to come.

I installed the IND painted reflectors and they look great. It SOOOO cleans up the front of the car. I'll save the key hole delete until tomorrow at least.

James

PS: Thank you, thank you all for your patience while I waited impatiently.

Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 10:55 PM   #92
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Awesome!!! A well-deserved reward especially after waiting TWICE!

Still giggling over here after 4 months of ownership... Wait till those freeway entrances see 8000rpm.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2011, 11:21 PM   #93
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

I forget which thread Heath was talking about edition grilles... but anyhow, I think they would be a great addition to your JB, without a total "murdering" effect [I feel like I'm 19 again when I use that term], unless you're planning on <20% tint all around + black wheels. I think either matte black (which I have), gloss black, or black chrome would give the car a very aggressive look with a very minor change.

But then you're on the slippery slope... how about side gills too??? LOL.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 06:40 AM   #94
gthal
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2018 340i xDrive

Quote:
I forget which thread Heath was talking about edition grilles... but anyhow, I think they would be a great addition to your JB, without a total "murdering" effect [I feel like I'm 19 again when I use that term], unless you're planning on <20% tint all around + black wheels. I think either matte black (which I have), gloss black, or black chrome would give the car a very aggressive look with a very minor change.

But then you're on the slippery slope... how about side gills too??? LOL.
+1. I ordered the edition set (front and side) from IND in black chrome. I had gloss black on my AW and it really made a nice difference getting rid of all of the bright chrome bits. If I get the car this week, I will install these on the weekend and post pics.
2015 M4 | Austin Yellow | DCT
2012 MB C63AMG | 2011 E92 M3 | 2010 E92 M3
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 07:20 AM   #95
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthal View Post
+1. I ordered the edition set (front and side) from IND in black chrome. I had gloss black on my AW and it really made a nice difference getting rid of all of the bright chrome bits. If I get the car this week, I will install these on the weekend and post pics.
I look forward to the pictures. I find that it is so dark already, and I worry without some accents will be almost nondescript:

PS: Last night was the one night outside of the garage, just so she knows what it's like; (and I was too soft to kick my wife's car out from beside the charger)

Appreciate 0
      04-26-2011, 12:57 PM   #96
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
I look forward to the pictures. I find that it is so dark already, and I worry without some accents will be almost nondescript:

PS: Last night was the one night outside of the garage, just so she knows what it's like; (and I was too soft to kick my wife's car out from beside the charger)
Those 359s will make your car stand out no matter how black/dark everything else is! They look amazing on your JB.

So who's car is going to sleep outside tonight??? Or maybe you'll be sleeping outside too?
Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 07:32 AM   #97
ns2000x
Converted
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Those 359s will make your car stand out no matter how black/dark everything else is! They look amazing on your JB.

So who's car is going to sleep outside tonight??? Or maybe you'll be sleeping outside too?
Since that first night the M3 has been in the garage each night, and parked underground at the office.

Appreciate 0
      04-29-2011, 07:37 AM   #98
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Quote:
Since that first night the M3 has been in the garage each night, and parked underground at the office.
Glad to hear you sorted things out. I was just about to put a call into BMW Protection Services. I hear they have no sense of humour and take cars from neglectful owners all the time.
Appreciate 0