BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-16-2015, 07:48 PM   #133
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shredicus
Quote:
Originally Posted by bigjae1976 View Post
I guess I'm raining on your parade of telling everyone how your less expensive, older, and objectively inferior performing car is way better because it doesn't auto-crash you into the median.

Hmmm...totally understand it now! Sounds like the 335i is better than an M3 argument years ago.

Now the argument is that an M4 = a 335i! The system works!
Yes!!!
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 10:26 PM   #134
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

Cant wait for the day when the M3 becomes a turbocharged AWD luxury WRX STI.
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 11:27 PM   #135
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 SO M4/'20 Z4 M40i

Garage List
2020 BMW Z4 M40i  [10.00]
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
The power delivery causes crashes? So the car accelerates itself over the curbs? Sounds like an option I wanna buy.

In what objective manner does the E9X outperform the F8X? Then on here, people will cite overheating. I saw an F8X overheat! I call bullshit. Well I guess its the feel??? I just feel myself going 'round a turn and down the drag strip faster in an F8X. Its the soul and character.

Stop bitching about the soulless F8X on an E9X M3 forum. Be a man and go bitch about the F8X on an F8X forum. I'm sure all of those emotionless F8X owners will welcome you. Doing it here and looking for more people to jump on for approval of your gripes...people who don't own an F8X or haven't even driven one...is just extra lame.
It is useless to talk logically in a tank full of piranhas or a pit full of vipers. You will never change the opinion of those who freely share theirs without the benefit of experience.
Tejas Chapter, BMW CCA, mem #23915, President 27 years, www.tejaschapter.org
Appreciate 0
      01-16-2015, 11:46 PM   #136
kscarrol
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2021 X3 M40i, 1974 2002 Tii

I've seen similar reactions from the E39 owners when I bought my first E60. Then the E60 owners trashed the F10 5-series. Now us E9x owners talk shit about the F8x... It's a broken record....
Appreciate 1
      01-16-2015, 11:54 PM   #137
Dave07997S
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2020 Ford Mustang GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by quicktwinturbo View Post

Nice air..Drove it off like a champ..
Can't wait to see all the memes.. lol
You know he must have been "Pucker Factor 10" right there.

As far as the car getting away from the driver, yes it can happen to anyone. Maybe more so with the way the torque comes in on the M3/4. However, its all driver error and really has nothing to do with the car. Its like an airline accident, there's more than one contributing factor to this. The fact of the matter is the way the power comes on with the S55 if you aren't accustomed to the way it comes on it may bite you in the butt.

For those of you who have never spun out a car you aren't driving it hard enough.

Dave
2004 BMW M3 Imola/Blk

Last edited by Dave07997S; 01-17-2015 at 12:06 AM..
Appreciate 1
      01-17-2015, 12:03 AM   #138
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
LOL @ "be a man and go bitch about the F8X on the F8X forum" hahahaha...

On a side note I did browse there and one guy wanted to hear how loud his exhaust could fart so he had his wife "rev all the way to 6k rpm!!"

I got a good chuckle.
You really should put things in proper context before using it for bashing purposes.

http://f80.bimmerpost.com/forums/sho...01&postcount=1

Last edited by SakhirM4; 01-17-2015 at 12:14 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 12:28 AM   #139
MrPrena
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW Hyundai Nissan

Yup!

Now, next generation of M3/4 well might be 4cylinder with Turbo and Hybrid.
F8x will talk smack about going to 4cyl+T+K from 6cyl+T.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kscarrol View Post
I've seen similar reactions from the E39 owners when I bought my first E60. Then the E60 owners trashed the F10 5-series. Now us E9x owners talk shit about the F8x... It's a broken record....
      01-17-2015, 03:17 AM   #140
M33DDIE
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 SILVERSTONE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petros View Post
No countersteering? It's the same problem as the guy who spun the M4. With RWD cars you can't maintain a tight grip on the steering wheel. You have to be loose with the steering and ready to give it a healthy dose of opposite lock anytime you give it lots of throttle.
I think I was half asleep to be honest lol. To be honest this is the first RWD car I've had and I could really do with finding a large area to get used to what it feels like when it breaks traction. I've always had performace cars either FWD or 4x4.

I'm no driving God but I would like to think I'm better than average. Maybe some driving tuition would help.

I'm not a fan of of LC on my car, MDM, S5 and floor it does the job for me, on one of my other runs I managed a 12.9 just below 111mph. Not too bad for a standard car with a 270lb driver.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 07:37 AM   #141
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, an E9X M3 has never done anything like this. Only an F8X is capable of pitching sideways and going over a curb. The lack of torque is a savior to us E9X M3 drivers!
From a rolling start, I have no problem putting the power down even with DTC turned off.

Are you actually arguing that the torque monster with over 400lb-ft from a mere 1850 rpm has the same drivability as a low torque engine with 295lb-ft at 3,900 rpm, both with traction control OFF?

Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 10:39 AM   #142
bigjae1976
Major General
Rep
Drives: 11 E90 M3 Individual

Garage List
2004 BMW M3  [4.50]
2011 BMW E90 M3  [5.25]
2013 BMW 328i  [5.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by V1.47fan View Post
From a rolling start, I have no problem putting the power down even with DTC turned off.

Are you actually arguing that the torque monster with over 400lb-ft from a mere 1850 rpm has the same drivability as a low torque engine with 295lb-ft at 3,900 rpm, both with traction control OFF?

I've been on this M3 forum early on...well before I bought my E90 M3. The most common complaint about the S65 was the lack of torque. I want a Z06, AMG, 911, GTR...the E9X is slow and torqueless. So you fix it by slapping on a supercharger. So the F8X has lots of low end torque. Levels not THAT far off from an FI E9X. But suddenly, it has so much torque that it is undriveable? So now I'll drive a torqueless E9X.

Am I arguing that an F8X will be as easy to drive as an E9X with the DSC off? No. I think the F8X will highlight the fact that most people are sh1t drivers. But that doesn't make the car bad. That just proves that the driver sucks. There are plenty of videos of the F8X going around corners and not crashing.

As it has been said before, there is this irrational hatred and jealousy of the new M model that comes out. The oddest thing is you don't hear about an E46 guy coming up to an E9X owner and telling him how bloated and numb his car is. This is all a classic case of e-bravery where you try to prop yourself up by putting someone else's car choice down...over the internet. In a culture where we measure status by the age and cost of their car, so then the e-bravery turns to subjective touchy feely stuff...I'm totally connected to my E9X!...to show those dumbass F8X owners they are stupid.

Its the argument and cowardice here. You take a less risky road by joining fellow E9X M3 owners to insult an inanimate object that very few have really experienced. It surely takes a real man to come on a forum and talk about car owners with farting exhausts and too much torque...who aren't even on this forum.
2000 E36/7 Z3 Steel Blue
Appreciate 2
      01-17-2015, 11:25 AM   #143
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah, an E9X M3 has never done anything like this. Only an F8X is capable of pitching sideways and going over a curb. The lack of torque is a savior to us E9X M3 drivers!
Actually, yes.

A Low torque engine car on PSS's is less likely to get sideways on dry pavement from a straight line rolling start
It's not that complicated, same reason a stock Miata is also less likely to get sideways on dry pavement in a straight line simply from floring it.

Nota bene
I'm not arguing that you couldnt get a Miata sideways or cause it to lose control by taking a turn too fast or driving it in the rain etc.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 05:35 PM   #144
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
I've been on this M3 forum early on...well before I bought my E90 M3. The most common complaint about the S65 was the lack of torque. I want a Z06, AMG, 911, GTR...the E9X is slow and torqueless. So you fix it by slapping on a supercharger. So the F8X has lots of low end torque. Levels not THAT far off from an FI E9X. But suddenly, it has so much torque that it is undriveable? So now I'll drive a torqueless E9X.

Am I arguing that an F8X will be as easy to drive as an E9X with the DSC off? No. I think the F8X will highlight the fact that most people are sh1t drivers. But that doesn't make the car bad. That just proves that the driver sucks. There are plenty of videos of the F8X going around corners and not crashing.

As it has been said before, there is this irrational hatred and jealousy of the new M model that comes out. The oddest thing is you don't hear about an E46 guy coming up to an E9X owner and telling him how bloated and numb his car is. This is all a classic case of e-bravery where you try to prop yourself up by putting someone else's car choice down...over the internet. In a culture where we measure status by the age and cost of their car, so then the e-bravery turns to subjective touchy feely stuff...I'm totally connected to my E9X!...to show those dumbass F8X owners they are stupid.

Its the argument and cowardice here. You take a less risky road by joining fellow E9X M3 owners to insult an inanimate object that very few have really experienced. It surely takes a real man to come on a forum and talk about car owners with farting exhausts and too much torque...who aren't even on this forum.
Sounds like you are saying nobody should be able to criticize the F8X unless they are willing to buy a plane ticket and fly out and meet them face to face and proceed to get into a fist fight over a difference of opinion on a car....

Am I getting that right?

Grow up.

It's natural for ppl who love the E9X with it's high revving V8 to not be crazy about a car that is it's exact opposite.

We don't get our panties in a bunch when ppl say our cars have no torque. Stop being so insecure. You may want to get some blood work done to get your estrogen levels checked.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 08:45 PM   #145
RoamPT
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2016 Dodge Charger SRT 392

Garage List
^ +1 some people love the e9x and don't want to get rid of it and some people like the f8x whats the big deal? BMW went a different route with the new M same happened between the e46 and the e9x. That's it. Some people are going to want the new M because of the inline 6 turbo and the tuning capabilities, some people want the old V8. That's it apples and oranges my friends i don't get all the hate. I'm actually shopping for a e90 m3 because i love those lines and that V8. That accident has nothing to do with the engine or the low end torque, it's the drivers responsability, it's his problem and his loss. It's pretty common sense once your car looses grip when you're not expecting it never use your brakes. That's rule #1 and actually it's something we learn in driving school in Europe. Let the guy be, he screwed up and i don't think nothing will make him more upset than his mistake.
Appreciate 0
      01-17-2015, 11:42 PM   #146
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Seriously, talk about one person transferring his own belief system or what he thinks others believe onto everyone. The critics that I personally know of the new M3 actually aren't jealous...quite the opposite actually, they pretty much can afford any car and some of them are seriously considering leaving the brand altogether. These forums are for opinions and while I agree that "piling on" with the guy who crashed has worn its welcome, I vehemently oppose anyone trying to silence criticism or express opinions, especially given that BMW monitors these forums, has a presence on them, and I'm assuming its not just to kill time during lunch break in Munchen. So at least from my perspective if my opinions can somehow in some small way change things or improve them, you bet I'm going to continue to express them. I think many others feel the same way.

Like you said, time for some real emotional maturity to be exhibited here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JAM3S View Post
Sounds like you are saying nobody should be able to criticize the F8X unless they are willing to buy a plane ticket and fly out and meet them face to face and proceed to get into a fist fight over a difference of opinion on a car....

Am I getting that right?

Grow up.

It's natural for ppl who love the E9X with it's high revving V8 to not be crazy about a car that is it's exact opposite.

We don't get our panties in a bunch when ppl say our cars have no torque. Stop being so insecure. You may want to get some blood work done to get your estrogen levels checked.
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 01:09 AM   #147
SakhirM4
Major General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [8.76]
Quote:
Originally Posted by FogCityM3 View Post
Seriously, talk about one person transferring his own belief system or what he thinks others believe onto everyone. The critics that I personally know of the new M3 actually aren't jealous...quite the opposite actually, they pretty much can afford any car and some of them are seriously considering leaving the brand altogether. These forums are for opinions and while I agree that "piling on" with the guy who crashed has worn its welcome, I vehemently oppose anyone trying to silence criticism or express opinions, especially given that BMW monitors these forums, has a presence on them, and I'm assuming its not just to kill time during lunch break in Munchen. So at least from my perspective if my opinions can somehow in some small way change things or improve them, you bet I'm going to continue to express them. I think many others feel the same way.

Like you said, time for some real emotional maturity to be exhibited here.
Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Hundreds of people are thrilled with their F8Xs and think they are fantastic, but you are going to show BMW the error of their ways until they build the ///M that you think they should build?
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 01:59 AM   #148
FogCityM3
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3 (E90) & Porsche GT3 RS

Ummmmm.... No. Ultimately success of a particular model will be determined by sales vs competitors, not by me you or any one person. I'm expressing my opinions and in no way impeding anyone from expressing theirs or making assumptions about how people make buying decisions and why they make them or what feelings (e.g. jealousy, envy, sour grapes, anger, etc) they may have about something and why. The M5 has been a disappointment sales wise, which means there was something wrong that didn't appeal to more customers, which is not to say its not a highly satisfactory car for many of its owners, but it's not what it could have been. That is a fact and that is BMW's error. Maybe the new car will prove different? Clearly the passion is there and people are enjoying their cars. Maybe I'm completely out of touch with reality...or Maybe I should consult for BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by SakhirM4 View Post
Isn't that exactly what you are doing? Hundreds of people are thrilled with their F8Xs and think they are fantastic, but you are going to show BMW the error of their ways until they build the ///M that you think they should build?

Last edited by FogCityM3; 01-18-2015 at 02:05 AM..
Appreciate 0
      01-18-2015, 07:08 AM   #149
TrevorM3
Banned
Rep
Drives: 6.3 AMG

lol another pissing match.

i'm shocked
Appreciate 0