BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 Photos/Video/Media Gallery

11-05-2011, 05:07 PM   #111
vladberca
Major General
Romania
Rep
Drives: '18 octavia 2.0 tdi dsg

Congrats and thanks for sharing your great experience
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 07:39 PM   #112
mshab356
Go ///M or go home
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2015 F80 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurite90M View Post
Selling?
Sorry that was from my phone and i dont even know why i posted that LOL ignore...

GONE 2011 SG/Blk E92 M3 CS 6MT
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 09:37 PM   #113
smmmurf
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 DCT 353k+ miles

that's a cool car bro

can't tell the dif between that and jerez, ok perhaps a little more black than blue

but the ED pics are great. i did ed in 2009 and it was fantastic. want to ship my car back across the pond
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2011, 11:41 PM   #114
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 S54. E90 S65 sold.

Quote:
Originally Posted by smmmurf View Post
that's a cool car bro

can't tell the dif between that and jerez, ok perhaps a little more black than blue

but the ED pics are great. i did ed in 2009 and it was fantastic. want to ship my car back across the pond
Thanks for the kind words smmmurf! ED was a blast! The AB is actually more blue than JB. Check out some recent pics in a brighter setting.

Appreciate 0
      12-04-2011, 11:01 PM   #115
JulieDriving
Female driving enthusiast :P
Rep
Drives: Bimmer

Garage List
Azurite90M,

I want to thank-you for all the great pics you took and shared with us, as well as for the detailed write-up of what you did with your car.

Thanks to you and TTBear, I finally settled on Azurite Black. The pictures of your interior sold me on the black leather + piano black trim too. I too struggled with Jet Black (and still do sometimes, to be honest), but my gut is telling me that I will not regret the choice of Azurite & Piano Black.

Congratulations on your stunning E90M3!!! I think we will be among the last, if not the last, to have E9x Azurite Black M3s....

P.S. I thought I was the only crazy one for trying to figure out how I could protect my piano black trim - but you had it wrapped - brilliant!
      12-07-2011, 11:08 PM   #116
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JulieDriving View Post
Azurite90M,

I want to thank-you for all the great pics you took and shared with us, as well as for the detailed write-up of what you did with your car.

Thanks to you and TTBear, I finally settled on Azurite Black. The pictures of your interior sold me on the black leather + piano black trim too. I too struggled with Jet Black (and still do sometimes, to be honest), but my gut is telling me that I will not regret the choice of Azurite & Piano Black.

Congratulations on your stunning E90M3!!! I think we will be among the last, if not the last, to have E9x Azurite Black M3s....

P.S. I thought I was the only crazy one for trying to figure out how I could protect my piano black trim - but you had it wrapped - brilliant!
JulieDriving,

Welcome to the Azurite Black M3 club!!! Glad I can be of assistance. It is a mesmerizing color and as you’ve indicated, very rare. You will not be disappointed with the Piano Black trim either. Goes so well with a black interior. What is else did you get? Are you doing ED & PCD? Please post pics of your AB when she finally arrives! Can’t wait to see it.
Appreciate 0
      12-07-2011, 11:36 PM   #117
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
JulieDriving,

Welcome to the Azurite Black M3 club!!! Glad I can be of assistance. It is a mesmerizing color and as you’ve indicated, very rare. You will not be disappointed with the Piano Black trim either. Goes so well with a black interior. What is else did you get? Are you doing ED & PCD? Please post pics of your AB when she finally arrives! Can’t wait to see it.
Thanks! I will definitely post pics. In fact, it's very likely I'll be meeting the new owner of TTBear's Azurite Black M3 (the new owner only lives about 1.5-2.0 hours from me), and if he agrees, I'm going to take several photos of our two cars and post them up. But car may not get here for a while. I am still leaving the option of European delivery open and the earliest I could do it is the end of May...

I'm struggling with the options list. My plan was to go simple & modestly equipped only, as I love spartan M's and want to keep the car a long time... But now I'm wondering about getting something like rust brown for the interior. If I was going to do that, the car would necessarily be more loaded and in that case, I'm thinking might as well tick off all the boxes then... I dunno. I'm so OCD about this. Luckily, a forum member with that interior leather color (and piano) has graciously offered to let me see his car. I will need to see in person before making up my mind, I don't do well with little square swatches. I'd keep the Azurite and Piano black for sure though.

We don't have PCD in Canada (and we don't have any discount on Euro Delivery either ), but man...... that is the way to go! It's terrific you were able to take advantage of both ED + PCD! Thanks again for your thread.
      12-08-2011, 02:51 PM   #118
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
Arrived at the Zurich Marriott - Nice facility and convenient to Old Town and Central Station. I had to be careful driving down the hotel's underground parking to avoid curb rash. NARROW!
I did this in Prague when I did Euro Delivery on my 335i. I wanted to cry. The funny part is when I got the car in the states they replaced the wheel .... must have thought it was done in shipping.

Also you pics make me bummed that BMW only sold the 1M for such a short time. They really should have sold it for 2012 as well.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:13 PM   #119
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3This View Post
I did this in Prague when I did Euro Delivery on my 335i. I wanted to cry. The funny part is when I got the car in the states they replaced the wheel .... must have thought it was done in shipping.

Also you pics make me bummed that BMW only sold the 1M for such a short time. They really should have sold it for 2012 as well.
That was nice from BMW to replace your wheel. I was fortunate. It was a pain driving 2 mph down that underground garage. I hear you on the 1M. Why one year? The 1M's look so much better in person.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 10:30 PM   #120
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Thanks! I will definitely post pics. In fact, it's very likely I'll be meeting the new owner of TTBear's Azurite Black M3 (the new owner only lives about 1.5-2.0 hours from me), and if he agrees, I'm going to take several photos of our two cars and post them up. But car may not get here for a while. I am still leaving the option of European delivery open and the earliest I could do it is the end of May...

I'm struggling with the options list. My plan was to go simple & modestly equipped only, as I love spartan M's and want to keep the car a long time... But now I'm wondering about getting something like rust brown for the interior. If I was going to do that, the car would necessarily be more loaded and in that case, I'm thinking might as well tick off all the boxes then... I dunno. I'm so OCD about this. Luckily, a forum member with that interior leather color (and piano) has graciously offered to let me see his car. I will need to see in person before making up my mind, I don't do well with little square swatches. I'd keep the Azurite and Piano black for sure though.

We don't have PCD in Canada (and we don't have any discount on Euro Delivery either ), but man...... that is the way to go! It's terrific you were able to take advantage of both ED + PCD! Thanks again for your thread.
That's too bad you guys up north can't do PCD and don't offer ED discount. I originally planned on getting a base M3 too with a manual, no options except for ZCP. Then I came across this M5 combo:

http://www.m5board.com/vbulletin/e60...-platinum.html

AB with Platinum interior. Such an awesome combo. Once I started with the Individual color and next came the other options. Eventually decided against platinum due to the additional maintenance. I am still thinking about that combo.

TTBear's E92M was gorgeous. Hope the new owner takes good care of it!

Good luck on your configuration. It took me a couple months to finally settle on one so take your time.
Appreciate 0
      12-08-2011, 11:01 PM   #121
Yea Boi
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: Alpine white 08 M3

Love it, thanks for sharing your European delivery
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 12:49 PM   #122
Vegas_Sirk
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 JKU Wrangler

Garage List
Quote:
That was nice from BMW to replace your wheel. I was fortunate. It was a pain driving 2 mph down that underground garage. I hear you on the 1M. Why one year? The 1M's look so much better in person.

Yea it was. I was shocked they did. The whole European Delivery process is an amazing experience. If I like M4 when its release I plan to do it again.
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2011, 03:53 PM   #123
MMJ4mil
Rep
Drives: Car

im going to kill myself if I ever get pulled over for not having a front license plate and having to install in on the bumper :mad:
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2012, 01:00 AM   #124
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
Thanks for additional pics

Thanks Azurite90M for the additional pics

Gorgeous blue flakes! Great job on the waxing too.

Have any pics of your new exhaust?
      01-09-2012, 09:09 PM   #125
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks JulieDriving! Here are the Akra install pics.

Quote:
Thanks Azurite90M for the additional pics

Gorgeous blue flakes! Great job on the waxing too.

Have any pics of your new exhaust?
Thanks JulieDriving. Still getting Azurite Black?

Akrapovic Slip-On Installation: Thanks to Cal@Sonic for quickly shipping out the exhaust. On order: Challenge Street x-pipe!

Fresh out of the box. The titanium Slip-on is so much lighter than the OEM exhaust.

Before with OEM exhaust.

OEM exhaust removal.

Heat shields on each side.

Without the tips.

Installation complete: Akrapovic Slip-on with titanium tips. The quality of this system is amazing. I really like the new exhaust note. It is definitely not loud at all except when you first fire up the engine.

01-09-2012, 09:37 PM   #126
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
^^^ WOW!! She looks terrific! Thanks for all those pics. I'm drooling.

So much cleaner than OEM

I gotta google videos of the Akrapovic exhaust now, lol.

Azurite is 95% confirmed. I am set to see TTBear's former car with its new owner later this month (first allocation for build is in March). I will only change my mind if I don't like it in person, but somehow I really doubt that will happen...

I did see Platinum in person, thanks for the suggestion. It is to die for, I agree. But maintenance would be difficult, and I am finally going with a semi-spartan build. I know, I know, it's unusual to pair Individual with a spartan-ish build. But it's really what will make me happy, so.

I'm book-marking this thread man. So I can come back and drool over the photos [s]too many times[/s] from time to time, lol.
      01-09-2012, 09:47 PM   #127
JulieDriving
Rep

Garage List
One more question. Did you consider the BMW OEM Performance Exhaust?
      01-09-2012, 10:17 PM   #128
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
^^^ WOW!! She looks terrific! Thanks for all those pics. I'm drooling.

So much cleaner than OEM

I gotta google videos of the Akrapovic exhaust now, lol.

Azurite is 95% confirmed. I am set to see TTBear's former car with its new owner later this month (first allocation for build is in March). I will only change my mind if I don't like it in person, but somehow I really doubt that will happen...

I did see Platinum in person, thanks for the suggestion. It is to die for, I agree. But maintenance would be difficult, and I am finally going with a semi-spartan build. I know, I know, it's unusual to pair Individual with a spartan-ish build. But it's really what will make me happy, so.

I'm book-marking this thread man. So I can come back and drool over the photos [s]too many times[/s] from time to time, lol.
I think TTBear's M3 had an Evo. Maybe the new owner can let you listen to it. I can't wait to see your car in March!

Quote:
One more question. Did you consider the BMW OEM Performance Exhaust?
Yes, I did. It was between the Akra Evo, Slip and the M Performance Exhaust. The Evo was eventually nixed due to VA emissions.

The major differences between the M and Slip are the build quality and exhaust note. The Akra’s quality is unsurpassed. It is a work of art. You can tell a lot of effort went into design and build quality. The M exhaust sounds like an old muscle car V8, which sounded great. I personally preferred the Akra’s more refined, yet subdued note. Both are great systems. One advantage the M does have is the assurance from a BMW warranty if purchased and installed from a BMW dealer.
      01-09-2012, 10:54 PM   #129
IHB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3 le mans blue

Congrats on the beautiful car and color. I actually just got my akrapovic evo taken off my e90 and replaced with the oem performance exhaust. The akra was just too much for me in a lot of ways but one of the main problems for me was how far the tips stuck out. I've heard (read) that the tips stick out further on e90s more than e92s but in your pictures they don't look that far out. I'd love to see some rear corner and side pictures of your car now.
I'm going to hold on to my akra though, you never know. This forum has me constantly thinking and re-thinking about what I want my car to be. I will say I do like my new oem exhaust............today.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 05:55 PM   #130
Azurite90M
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Thanks IHB.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IHB View Post
Congrats on the beautiful car and color. I actually just got my akrapovic evo taken off my e90 and replaced with the oem performance exhaust. The akra was just too much for me in a lot of ways but one of the main problems for me was how far the tips stuck out. I've heard (read) that the tips stick out further on e90s more than e92s but in your pictures they don't look that far out. I'd love to see some rear corner and side pictures of your car now.
I'm going to hold on to my akra though, you never know. This forum has me constantly thinking and re-thinking about what I want my car to be. I will say I do like my new oem exhaust............today.
Thanks IHB. What didn't you like about the Evo? I really wanted the Evo but would not pass emissions here in VA. Do you like the M Performance?

Here are some rear view images of the Slip.

01-10-2012, 07:32 PM   #131
bmwtech13
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 M3

Just read through this whole thread; very nice post man! Hope you enjoy the e90 and keep us posted on future progress! See you around
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2012, 09:43 PM   #132
IHB
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 e90 m3 le mans blue

Thanks for the quick pics and response. We don't have emissions tests in Minnesota and the the funny thing is that the smell and the smoke that emitted from the evo was one of the things that started to bother me. Also the cold start was really loud with a lot of vibration and I know that I could've deleted that but Minnesota gets pretty cold and I drive my car year round so that didn't seem like the best idea. It also vibrated more than I liked at idle too. Your tips look just like mine did so I think it's just a personal taste issue as far as that goes. Bottom line is the akra evo was just more than I bargained for on every level including looks. I will miss the added hp and torque though.

I'm on day 2 of my oem performance exhaust and so far I think it's a better fit for me, looks and sound.

Thanks again and great car.
Appreciate 0