BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Closed Thread

03-29-2011, 05:34 PM   #199
RichardCranium
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Have my Gintani exhaust on its way (can't wait) gonna dyno too.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 05:35 PM   #200
Raz@Gintani
Rep
Drives: E92- MR M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
If makes a difference i do respect the fact that you guys are taking care of Drew with his Motor that does show good company Ethics

Well thank you for that. As for your "facts", sometimes you do not have anything to back up your facts, so you can not blame me for thinking other wise. For almost every thread or post that we or a costumer of ours makes, you are there to say/claim other wise.

Last edited by Raz@Gintani; 03-29-2011 at 05:41 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 05:36 PM   #201
Raz@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jfisher08 View Post
It should be there soon, also we will be in Florida soon Jason.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 05:40 PM   #202
TheKosherStogie
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M3 DCT AW/Red

I know this has nothing to do with just a tune but here is a 3rd party dyno on my car @ Autowave.

1st graph is with Eisenmann Race muffler and AFE Air Filter.

2nd sheet is with the Gintani Supercharger @ 5.5psi and Akra Evo Exhaust (100 cell cats) making 512whp.

Then a video of my car dyno'd @ Gintani @ 7psi making 512whp. So you have a 3rd party dyno showing gains, and also shows that it read the same whp at Gintani with more boost, so theirs reads lower, as Autowave uses an 11% correction factor...and my car dyno'd around 465whp at Gintani when I was at 5.5psi.

At AUTOWAVE w/ eisenmann race and AFE air filter (black line is my baseline, stock)

At AUTOWAVE w/ Gintani SC @ 5.5psi and Akrapovic Evo exhaust w/ 100 cell cats
(graph also integrates the dyno above)

Video of dyno at Gintani @ 7psi on the same car (my old car)

This doesnt prove anything just sharing some old facts
BW C13 - 1:57:2
ACS - 1:49:6
WSIR - 1:30:6
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 05:46 PM   #203
808MGuy
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

Raz,

I can understand your frustration. In any professional environment, there will always be times where your intergity, knowledge, and competence will be challenged. The better you are, the more you will be challenged. That's just the nature of business. How those challenges are dealt with is what sets the best apart from the rest. Being the best is never easy because everyone wants to knock you off the top of the hill. If you feel that your product is the best, eventually that fact will come to light provided that the requests of the paying customers and the non-paying viewers are addressed. Unfortunately, the non-paying viewers hold just as much or more influence on your business than the paying customers. That's just how it goes in an internet based business. I hope you and your company can provide whatever it is that will provide your legitimacy and then we can all move on. Until then, this will just turn into the giant snowball that never stops.
      03-29-2011, 06:04 PM   #204
RichardCranium
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2013 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani View Post
It should be there soon, also we will be in Florida soon Jason.
Thanks Raz can't wait to get the exhaust on!
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 06:14 PM   #205
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep
Drives: Track build 08 E92 M3 DCT

back on topic....

is there going to be a 3rd party dyno comparison with OE and PC both present?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 06:21 PM   #206
Aries932
Captain
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 135i DCT

Don't you all find it interesting that there have been 3 posts from forum members confirming that Gintani does make the numbers they advertise, yet not a single person has said otherwise.

Don't you think that they have sold more than just a couple products...don't you think that if someone installed a product from Gintani and it produced lower hp numbers than they advertise that they would speak up in this thread...

Just logically speaking there is actual evidence supporting Gintani's claims (that many of you are ignoring) and zero supporting evidence that do not support Gintani's claims (only speculation).
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 07:02 PM   #207
Raz@Gintani
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 808MGuy View Post
Raz,

I can understand your frustration. In any professional environment, there will always be times where your intergity, knowledge, and competence will be challenged. The better you are, the more you will be challenged. That's just the nature of business. How those challenges are dealt with is what sets the best apart from the rest. Being the best is never easy because everyone wants to knock you off the top of the hill. If you feel that your product is the best, eventually that fact will come to light provided that the requests of the paying customers and the non-paying viewers are addressed. Unfortunately, the non-paying viewers hold just as much or more influence on your business than the paying customers. That's just how it goes in an internet based business. I hope you and your company can provide whatever it is that will provide your legitimacy and then we can all move on. Until then, this will just turn into the giant snowball that never stops.
I completely agree with you, from now on, anything I post, I will provide all the necassary information that is needed.

Quote:
Thanks Raz can't wait to get the exhaust on!
I can't wait either, just make sure to do a before and after dyno for everyone to see

Quote:
Originally Posted by xchosun1x View Post
back on topic....

is there going to be a 3rd party dyno comparison with OE and PC both present?
I don't see why not, but it has to be a complete random party.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 09:01 PM   #208
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Thanks for the on-topic post ()

Now back to the issue: Are we ever going to see any comprehensive comparative 3rd party data, or is it just going to be 10 more pages of, "You're only out to get me because I'm the best" crap?

Put something together guys.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 09:26 PM   #209
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Jeremy,

I have a buddy that is not associated with anything BMW that has a dyno facility available in orange county.

Mike @ PC...when you read this...send me a message so we can coordinate this.

Jeremy, once I hear word from Mike I will contact you with any information that follows.

Since I have been a consumer for both of you I feel that it isn't unfair that I find a dyno facility and operator.

Sound fair?

Looks like this is going to happen everyone.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 09:27 PM   #210
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Thanks for the on-topic post ()

Now back to the issue: Are we ever going to see any comprehensive comparative 3rd party data, or is it just going to be 10 more pages of, "You're only out to get me because I'm the best" crap?

Put something together guys.
^^^

I <3 Gintani
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 09:34 PM   #211
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz@Gintani View Post
Well thank you for that. As for your "facts", sometimes you do not have anything to back up your facts, so you can not blame me for thinking other wise. For almost every thread or post that we or a costumer of ours makes, you are there to say/claim other wise.
Sorry Raz but between my friends car with multi codes that were thrown and the disabled SES light that failed to notify him and the video that i mentioned and the crazy law suites really don't paint a good picture and having a character like sticky on board ,well .......... really puts the icing on that cake .

But it's never to late to start doing the right thing and by you guys ( GINTANI ) providing Drew with a new Motor paid in full really puts you guys on the right track ..... I'm an enthusiast on his 2Nd supercharged M3 and i spent a lot of money on mods and my moneys went to company's that did and do the right thing by their clients like IND & ESS ..... gotta give to get
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #212
baarii
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ..

I do not have dynos to prove the power my car made and my post might not solve or end this thread but I gave Gintani/OE a chance, I was one of the first to get their tune and the catless x-pipe (around the same time Nawaz got his) Between the Power, quality and service I got, my next car will have their products again.
Raz, Arno, Alex and Jeremy even after 1.5+ years after selling me their products have been great to me and to this date they give the attention/time of what most vendors only give to new customers.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:12 PM   #213
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Freddie Freeloader View Post
Specialty-Z in Chatsworth is an independent shop and both OE and PC have used it.
that could definitely be a possibility however I've contacted them before and dyno sessions are not available on the weekends. Only weekdays.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #214
mastek
e36s54, e70x5d
United_States
Rep
Drives: slow

Quote:
Sorry Raz but between my friends car with multi codes that were thrown and the disabled SES light that failed to notify him and the video that i mentioned and the crazy law suites really don't paint a good picture and having a character like sticky on board ,well .......... really puts the icing on that cake .

But it's never to late to start doing the right thing and by you guys ( GINTANI ) providing Drew with a new Motor paid in full really puts you guys on the right track ..... I'm an enthusiast on his 2Nd supercharged M3 and i spent a lot of money on mods and my moneys went to company's that did and do the right thing by their clients like IND & ESS ..... gotta give to get
Sticky? ...the multi-banned sticky? ....what does he have to do with Gintani?
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:50 PM   #215
xchosun1x
Track Duty
United_States
Rep

lets try to keep this thread civilized a bit.

if you have comments to other forum members, please PM so this thread doesn't get closed.

Keep it clean
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 10:58 PM   #216
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
It freaken amazes me how Sticky can support gintani and put down/question ESS dyno charts and ban/Give infractions to ess owners from his site like Biglare and many others like myself but when i comment on a video uploaded Gintani with a SES light Disabled i"m the bad guy WTF is up with that ??? then to makes matters worse A Gintani Ninja Turtle fan boy comes in and Talks trash and at the end of the day it looks like his only mod is a Gintani Exhaust ( which i like BTW )...
I'm wrong cause i own/support a product that the majority of the community on this forum owns and supports as well ...
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2011, 11:18 PM   #217
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Quote:
It freaken amazes me how Sticky can support gintani and put down/question ESS dyno charts and ban/Give infractions to ess owners from his site like Biglare and many others like myself but when i comment on a video uploaded Gintani with a SES light Disabled i"m the bad guy WTF is up with that ??? then to makes matters worse A Gintani Ninja Turtle fan boy comes in and Talks trash and at the end of the day it looks like his only mod is a Gintani Exhaust ( which i like BTW )...
I'm wrong cause i own/support a product that the majority of the community on this forum owns and supports as well ...
Would you like some cheese with your whine?
      03-29-2011, 11:37 PM   #218
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mastek View Post
GINTANI / OETUNING are the Headline Sponsors for Sticky's site which is Known for Vendor bashing , I'm sure you can put two and two together ...

And the Bottom line is this if i get called out i don't see why i cant call out , takes two to tango
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 12:13 AM   #219
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep

For the Record you will never ever ever ever ever ever ever ever :: phew ::: Deep Breath :: ever ever ever get a straight answer from Gintani and the threads always die out with Gintani Ninja Turtles trying to bail them out
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2011, 01:45 AM   #220
Chako
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I have read alot in the past few months regarding the E9X M3 tuner 'feud'. It's hard to know who to believe, so I can't really comment on that. I have my own opinions on which company makes the most 'power' and is the 'safest', but it is just my feeling so I don't want to skew the buying public by commenting on the issue.

However, I can present these facts regarding the GINTANI EXHAUST PRODUCTS, coupled with a POWERCHIP CUSTOM TUNE. I believe it is a third-party dyno.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nawaaz View Post
Hello guys,

I finally managed to pull off getting all the following performance mods installed:
  • Gintani rear exhaust
  • Gintani catless x-pipe
  • AA pulley
  • BMC air filter
  • RPI scoops
  • Powerchip's custom dyno tune
I know there has been a lot of heated debate on topics such as "what makes how much power?", and "how did it make that much power?"

So I went ahead and planned to get BEFORE & AFTER Dyno's, since I knew it would be GREATLY beneficial to many, many forum members.

This is my very first experience on getting dyno's, so please excuse my 'newbie-ness'.

I have put forth a good amount of effort on doing the best I can.

My M3 performed a total of 3 dynos. Every single one of them took place on the same EXACT MUSTANG DYNO, located @ the Autoscope location in Dallas, TX.

Each of the 3 dyno runs included 3 pulls each.

Baseline Dyno:

The first dyno was without ANY performance mods (not EVEN the BMC air filter). It took place on the 11th of November. The first dyno's HIGHEST #'s are

308.357 whp & 240.462 wtq

Bolt-On Modifications:

The 2nd dyno was done after ALL my performance mods were installed, and WITHOUT the Powerchip dyno tune. It took place on the 13th of November. The 2nd dyno's HIGHEST #'s are:

358.887 whp & 273.003 wtq

Bolt-On Modifications + Power Chip Custom Tune:

The 3rd and final dyno was after ALL mods were installed, INCLUDING the Powerchip dyno tune. It took place on the 16th of November. The 3rd dyno's HIGHEST #'s are:

376.313 whp & 276.657 wtq
Hope this helps. Thank you Nawaaz for doing this research; if you would like the quote removed let me know.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread