BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

02-23-2012, 11:32 AM   #133
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Draven View Post
Online is the way to go. budsgunshop.com has a great FFL network with prices for transfers right there. My local place does $20 for transfers of handguns and long guns.
Support a local shop if you can, if they can't/won't get what you want go to the web.

It is nice to have a shop locally for ammo and to look at accessories, support them!
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 12:13 PM   #134
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterSkiMask View Post
Support a local shop if you can, if they can't/won't get what you want go to the web.

It is nice to have a shop locally for ammo and to look at accessories, support them!
True, but check prices first. There's one local gun shop near me that overcharges like a mofo. They charge me $59.99 before tax for a box of 20x 7mm WSM rounds where I can go on cheaperthandirt.com and get the same box of ammo (exact same box/brand) for $38.77.
      02-23-2012, 01:02 PM   #135
MisterSkiMask
Banned
Rep
Drives: I Can not say

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
True, but check prices first. There's one local gun shop near me that overcharges like a mofo. They charge me $59.99 before tax for a box of 20x 7mm WSM rounds where I can go on cheaperthandirt.com and get the same box of ammo (exact same box/brand) for $38.77.
Agreed, if they are gouging move along. I will buy locally if the price is close, even if I have to pay a little more due to sales taxes, I'm not paying shipping and its not like the shop has any control over sales tax.
Appreciate 0
      02-23-2012, 02:46 PM   #136
Mr Tonka
is probably out riding.
United_States
Rep
Drives: Something Italian

Last few hours of a gun show can garner some good deals. Just one less gun they have to pack up an take back to the shop....