BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Coding / ConnectedDrive / Audio-Video / Electronics / Bluetooth / I-Drive & Nav

BPM

04-24-2009, 10:25 PM   #1
M3V8Driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Do I have a glitch in my NAV/iDrive software?

I noticed that no matter what I have on the display, if I bring up my contacts (cell phone via bluetooth), it never resorts back to what I had up prior to the call. I always have to launch the menu and go back to whatever it was I had up. For example, If I have the radio up and I make a call, when the call is over, it stays on the contacts list. So I press the iDrive menu button, pull back on the knob to go to "Entertainment", then back two more times to make the "tuner" indicator active. WTF? Shouldn't it resort back to whatever you had up prior to the call?
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 12:51 AM   #2
gr8000
Major
Greece
Rep

I dont know if this is a glitch or not (don't have bluetooth in my i-drive) but irrespective of that, did you know that you can revert to any previous screen you have been to by keeping the i-drive knob held to a specific direction for 2 seconds? In your example for instance, if you keep the knob down / backwards for 2 secs then it will take you to the radio. No need for several other multiple clicks.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 01:17 AM   #3
niqui
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: Jet Black E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3V8Driver View Post
I noticed that no matter what I have on the display, if I bring up my contacts (cell phone via bluetooth), it never resorts back to what I had up prior to the call. I always have to launch the menu and go back to whatever it was I had up. For example, If I have the radio up and I make a call, when the call is over, it stays on the contacts list. So I press the iDrive menu button, pull back on the knob to go to "Entertainment", then back two more times to make the "tuner" indicator active. WTF? Shouldn't it resort back to whatever you had up prior to the call?
mine doesnt do that.
mutes the ipod for a call then brings it back. if i have a cd in and i make a call, it mutes it, then brings it back...the screen doesnt revert though. but the music comes back.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 08:33 AM   #4
KSMatic
Rep
Drives: E93 M3 6 Speed

sent my m3 for the glitch problem.. they are replacing the cc module or something like that due to overheating.
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2009, 08:55 AM   #5
3s-a-charm
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2017 Tesla Model X

Garage List
2007 BMW X5  [0.00]
Mine also does that... mutes the audio automatically, shows the call on screen, then leaves the "phone display" up at the end of the call (although it does continue to play music at the end).

The shortcut is handy - slide the I-Drive knob in the direction that you want to eventually be on the display and hold it for a couple of seconds. For example, you can get from "phone" display to "audio" display by holding the knob towards the back seat for a couple of seconds.

My CA described it as Climate is towards the driver for comfort, Audio is towards the back for the rear seat passengers, Nav is to the right because the "navigator" is traditionally the passenger, and the Phone is ahead because... I can't remember (because the rest were taken???). Anyways... good shortcut!

Let me know if your appointment changes this i-drive behavior.
      04-25-2009, 07:43 PM   #6
M3V8Driver
Captain
United_States
Rep

Yep. Mine will continue to play the music after a call too, so it sounds like we all experience the same thing. I didn't know about the hold feature with the know... good to know and can't wait to try it. Thanks.
Appreciate 0