BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-15-2012, 09:58 PM   #1
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2021 M2C

Big Ups To Velos Tune

So I got my personal tuner yesterday and got around to installing it today

First off, throttle response... I own a DCT and man, driving and shifting in 1st to 2nd to 3rd or vice versa is as smooth as butter even with my M button maxed out. It's actually going to take some time getting used to how responsive/smooth everything is now.
Second, the car definitely has extra pull at the 2.5k-4k mark. I felt this mostly on way back home after the car had a few dozen miles on it.
Thirdly, the customer service. Omar answered every single question with patience before I placed the order. I called them up with a question at 8:30pm right before they were closing and they treated me with care and helped me get everything up and running.
Lastly, Velos is doing a great deed to charity in their efforts to help those with diabetes.
I took a chance with Velos by looking at a few reviews but after reading all the praise for Omar and Velos, I'm glad I took the plunge

PS: If any of the Velos guys see this, PLEASE send me a vinyl/decal for my car!!!!
Attached Images

997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92

Last edited by Nicname; 08-15-2012 at 10:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:16 PM   #2
FormulaMMM
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Congrats on the tune.

...I didn't get any sweet garb way back when I got mine.

Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:19 PM   #3
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3 View Post
Congrats on the tune.

Ima assume by garb you mean the shirt lol? I donated a bit more to the diabetes research so I guess i got brownie points
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2012, 10:24 PM   #4
C|3R1C
So Kewl Guy
Rep
Drives: 2010 E93 M3 DCT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname

First off, throttle response... I own a DCT and man, driving and shifting in 1st to 2nd to 3rd or vice versa is as smooth as butter even with my M button maxed out. It's actually going to take some time getting used to how responsive/smooth everything is now.
Second, the car definitely has extra pull at the 2.5k-4k mark. I felt this mostly on way back home after the car had a few dozen miles on it.
Thirdly, the customer service. Omar answered every single question with patience before I placed the order. I called them up with a question at 8:30pm right before they were closing and they treated me with care and helped me get everything up and running.
Lastly, Velos is doing a great deed to charity in their efforts to help those with diabetes.
I took a chance with Velos by looking at a few reviews but after reading all the praise for Omar and Velos, I'm glad I took the plunge

PS: If any of the Velos guys see this, PLEASE send me a vinyl/decal for my car!!!!
Gratz on the tune man!
Omar and Team Velos are awesome and do not fall short of spectacular! Enjoy your new found power and welcome to the family
      08-16-2012, 07:11 AM   #5
Nicname
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C|3R1C
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname

Gratz on the tune man!
Omar and Team Velos are awesome and do not fall short of spectacular! Enjoy your new found power and welcome to the family
Thanks! This little boost definitely makes me crave a new x pipe even more
997.1 Turbo
///M3 E92
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 11:30 AM   #6
[Deactivated-Velos]
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicname View Post

Thanks for the kind words. Decals on the way

Quote:
Originally Posted by LM3 View Post
Congrats on the tune.

Haha, they're new, PM me your address and i'll get one out to you.
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 02:44 PM   #7
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Sorry I could not resist

Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 04:39 PM   #8
Omar@VelosDesignwerks
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Different Ones

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roman@ESS View Post
Sorry I could not resist

LOL who would have thought all these years you had a sense of humor

By the way we installed some of your supercharger kits and made a video... next week
Appreciate 0
      08-16-2012, 05:59 PM   #9
sales@ESSTuning
Rep
Drives: ESS M3 / M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Omar@VelosDesignwerks View Post
LOL who would have thought all these years you had a sense of humor

By the way we installed some of your supercharger kits and made a video... next week

If you get time make a music video in the shop
Appreciate 0
      08-17-2012, 09:57 PM   #10
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

Sounds like your car was overweight.

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2012, 07:25 PM   #11
sard
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3

That was just a joke btw. Sounds like "Personal Trainer". I thought the accepted term was "custom tune".

E92 M3 - DCT - 20" BBS LM-R - KW Clubsport - Akrapovic Exhaust - Powerchip Tune - Arkym Aero Kit - HID Halo
Appreciate 0