BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

European Auto Source (EAS)

04-29-2014, 05:01 PM   #111
demonglide
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: k3

BIG HELP

Thanks everyone very big help.
My leather is still nice but I've tried a Meguiars an it's dried it rite out so I've ordered Leatherique an once we have a hot day I'm on it. Thanks again
I'm gonna do seat on Harley too.
Appreciate 1
      04-30-2014, 07:42 AM   #112
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

Has anyone had any issues with the greasy leftover residue after leaving the car in the sun? (besides on the windows, are any other parts of the car greasy???)

Im about to purchase these products and just want to be 100% sure.

Thanks in advance
      04-30-2014, 09:11 AM   #113
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Melo-T View Post
Has anyone had any issues with the greasy leftover residue after leaving the car in the sun? (besides on the windows, are any other parts of the car greasy???)

Thanks in advance
If you use them correctly, you'll have no residue. I got a little haze on my windows, from the moisture, but they are cleaned weekly regardless. Leatherique works really, really well for this leather, especially the steering wheel (I wrapped it in a plastic bag for extra humidifying effect).
      04-30-2014, 11:06 AM   #114
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:

Thanks in advance
Every year i do the treatment 2 x ,i would say no worries because it's a 100% natural product and apply it with my bare hands !
About the greasy problem it's normal that you will touch other parts than the leather on your seats,like the plastic parts around our seats !
Well actualy with the Rejuvenator oil i go also on this plastic parts around the seats and it gives a new finish too !
Any other greasy parts besides this.....no !
Hope this will help.....

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 04-30-2014 at 11:11 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 12:07 PM   #115
bimdo
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 e90 m3

Quote:

Thanks in advance
that's normal after the first step for the leather to be greasy.the prestine clean cleans that up nicely,and leaves a great-looking non-greasy matte finish.i do find it cleans up easier if i have left the rejuvinator on in the heat for at least a day,to let it soak in well.i didn't have residue on my windows.

Last edited by bimdo; 04-30-2014 at 12:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 02:49 PM   #116
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Thanks, I will order it today
      04-30-2014, 03:50 PM   #117
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Thanks, I will order it today
Perfect,would love to hear and see (when possible) your result !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      04-30-2014, 04:07 PM   #118
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Will do. The only problem is that it's autumn/winter here in Australia so it might be a while before I see a 28 degree C day
      04-30-2014, 08:13 PM   #119
Pinz
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2013 M3 Coupe

My rear seats don't get used, so I barely do the greasing there. The rear driver's side seat still looks like when it left the factory.

As for the front seats, yes, I grease them as much as I can, but I am careful enough not to get the grease anywhere else. If I do, I wipe it off with a cloth right away. Then when leaving the car all greased up, I actually don't get the condensation on the windows. Maybe because I haven't had the chance of sun hitting it directly. But if it did, I'd assume it would just be water, since oil is not air-soluble. So, if you don't touch the windows, don't roll them down and simply let the water on them dry, they should be fine.

If there is so much condensation that water forms into droplets large enough to slide down the window, it'll probably leave some marks, which you'll easily be able to clean with a good window cleaner. Just be careful not to get the window cleaner on other parts of the interior. Unlike the exterior, I don't think the interior is made to handle ammonia or the like on it. Instead of spraying on the window, I spray on my window cleaning tool directly and use that to clean it. I love the look after doing both the inside or the outside because even in sunlight it looks like I don't have any windows.

As for the seats, if you're careful not to touch any other parts of the car with the grease, and that's easy with the front seats. With the rear seats it's probably best to secure some cloths on the sides of the seats or other plastic parts to prevent the oil going on there. I find if you wipe it right away with a dry cloth, it comes off very easy and quickly compared to if you leave it. That's why I'd recommend to always make sure you clean off all the grease not on the seats before you leave the car to humidify in the sun. A lot of the grease will be absorbed by the seats anyway, which you will clean out with the cleaning solution afterwards.
      05-01-2014, 05:39 AM   #120
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Would this condensation affect cd/dvd player etc?

BTW I ordered my rejuvenation kit today, $88 in Australia. I could of got it cheaper from U.S but shipping would have been expensive so I just got it locally
      05-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #121
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Would this condensation affect cd/dvd player etc?

BTW I ordered my rejuvenation kit today, $88 in Australia. I could of got it cheaper from U.S but shipping would have been expensive so I just got it locally
No, after 5 Leatherique treatments i never had any condensation affect on cd/dvd player !
Good to see you ordered,and i'm sure you will be happy with the result !
But make sure that you have at least 25°Celsius because the pores of the Novillo leather needs to be opened to absorb the Rejuvenator oil !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-01-2014 at 02:17 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-05-2014, 07:00 PM   #122
5soko
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M5

Used pristine clean today on both my front seats, hand rest on the doors, steering wheel and center console which are the most used and only soiled areas.. Applied by hand and massaged into the leather, then used a soft brush with light pressure on heavy soiled areas like the steering wheel... Then whipe cleaned with a damp microfiber and kept rinsing in a bucket of clean water.. Seats came out CLEAN, MATTE, and feeling soft!
I like it over my go to leather cleaner which was leather masters..

Pristine clean also has some conditioners in it and uv protection so its perfect..

IMHO, no way does new leather or leather that is a few years old need anything other then pristine clean. Pristine clean works perfecttttt..
      05-05-2014, 07:29 PM   #123
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 5soko View Post
Used pristine clean today on both my front seats, hand rest on the doors, steering wheel and center console which are the most used and only soiled areas.. Applied by hand and massaged into the leather, then used a soft brush with light pressure on heavy soiled areas like the steering wheel... Then whipe cleaned with a damp microfiber and kept rinsing in a bucket of clean water.. Seats came out CLEAN, MATTE, and feeling soft!
I like it over my go to leather cleaner which was leather masters..

Pristine clean also has some conditioners in it and uv protection so its perfect..

IMHO, no way does new leather or leather that is a few years old need anything other then pristine clean. Pristine clean works perfecttttt..
Yes i see,and actualy it's" regrettable " to do only the second stap of the treatment !
I've done it too, as a test to see how it works,and i need to say....
It's better and a "lot better" to go first with Rejuvenator Oil and let it sit a couple of day's in the heat and direct sunlight !
And than using Prestine clean,just try it next time ! And you will see !
No doubt about this.

Appreciate 0
      05-06-2014, 02:20 AM   #124
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I got my Leatherique kit today now I just have to wait for a warm day. I will post some before and after photos
      05-06-2014, 04:17 AM   #125
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I got my Leatherique kit today now I just have to wait for a warm day. I will post some before and after photos
A man of his word ! I realy like that !
Your pics will be just another proof, and i know you will be very happy with the result !
And i'm curious......

Appreciate 0
      05-07-2014, 05:54 AM   #126
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
A man of his word ! I realy like that !
Your pics will be just another proof, and i know you will be very happy with the result !
And i'm curious......
Im just wondering...How long did you spend massaging your wife? oops I mean the seats, how long did you massage the rejuvenation oil into the seats?
      05-07-2014, 01:42 PM   #127
thekurgan
Bad Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Im just wondering...How long did you spend massaging your wife? oops I mean the seats, how long did you massage the rejuvenation oil into the seats?
I can't speak for Belgium's technique, but I generally massage enough until it absorbs a bit, then apply some more to keep a nice layer before I close up the car.
      05-07-2014, 05:23 PM   #128
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by thekurgan View Post
I can't speak for Belgium's technique, but I generally massage enough until it absorbs a bit, then apply some more to keep a nice layer before I close up the car.
Melo-T , About the massage with my wife it's alway's done long enough and that on the right spot ! And after the massage the real work can start !

thekurgan , Your technique =
To apply the Rejuventor oil i actualy use a soft and new paint brush to put it on the seats,and after like the kurgan said i massage it in and keep a layer on the leather,close the doors , and let the magic begin !

Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 04:07 AM   #129
Melo-T
Private First Class
Australia
Rep

I used my rejuvenation kit in the last 24 hours. IT WAS A LOT OF WORK! Lol. A little bit too much for my liking. If you wanted to do a really detailed job you could spend the whole weekend using this product. Having said that I am happy with the results even though I sweated my balls off on a mild 25 degree day in Autumn. I would hate to be doing this process in the middle of summer in Australia where we get up to 40 degrees Celsius!!! I'm definitely a big fan of the Pristine Clean.
I'm not sure if you will see a big difference because I used a iPhone to take the photos but in person the seats and trim look good. Top photo before the Leatherique kit and bottom photo is after.
Thanks for all your help M Power Belgium. I'm pleased with the results

By the way M Power Belgium, do you use the pristine clean to clean the plastic dash?
Attached Images

05-17-2014, 09:56 AM   #130
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
I used my rejuvenation kit in the last 24 hours. IT WAS A LOT OF WORK! Lol. A little bit too much for my liking. If you wanted to do a really detailed job you could spend the whole weekend using this product. Having said that I am happy with the results even though I sweated my balls off on a mild 25 degree day in Autumn. I would hate to be doing this process in the middle of summer in Australia where we get up to 40 degrees Celsius!!! I'm definitely a big fan of the Pristine Clean.
I'm not sure if you will see a big difference because I used a iPhone to take the photos but in person the seats and trim look good. Top photo before the Leatherique kit and bottom photo is after.
Thanks for all your help M Power Belgium. I'm pleased with the results

By the way M Power Belgium, do you use the pristine clean to clean the plastic dash?
It's normal and it's a lot of work,does not happen automatic !
About the heat,last year in summer it was here 27 ° Celsius but 48 hours later it was 32 ° Celsius and it was time to remove the Rejuvenator oil !
But inside the car it was a real sauna + 50 ° Celsius , also normal in full sun with windows closed ,after this i drive my car into my garage out of the sun and even than the car stays very hot inside, so the same here liters of sweat !(next time i wait and remove the Rejuvenator during the night > cooler !)
But it's worth the work and all the sweat and i can see the difference in your pics,first pic your leather looks almost like carton !
Second pic after treatment i can see that your leather is nourished and supple, and i'm sure that you can feel and smell the difference when you sit in your seats !
Now your leather is ok for the next 6 months,and i'm glad that you like the result and it's the best treatment for our Novillo leather !
For further questions feel free and PM me...i'm here !
I don't clean the dash with Prestine clean ! For all the plastics , dash, door panels , ect.. i'm using the Meguiar's Supreme Shine ...>

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 05-17-2014 at 10:03 AM..
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2014, 12:03 PM   #131
Semi-Poor
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 Coupe

My .02 is that for newer cars there are far easier and IMHO better solutions. I have used Leatherique in the past and it is great on older leather but is very labor intensive and messy. I prefer to clean with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel and follow up Ultima Interior Guard Plus, leaves a silky matte finish that feels incredible with no greasy residue at all.
      05-17-2014, 01:26 PM   #132
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Semi-Poor View Post
My .02 is that for newer cars there are far easier and IMHO better solutions. I have used Leatherique in the past and it is great on older leather but is very labor intensive and messy. I prefer to clean with Ultima Interior Shampoo Gel and follow up Ultima Interior Guard Plus, leaves a silky matte finish that feels incredible with no greasy residue at all.
Never used Ultima,think you need to look on term, and that it will dry out your leather,think it's a kind of soap gel,not sure if it is good for our Novillo ,in your case future will tell !

Appreciate 0