BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

EXXEL Distributions

07-04-2011, 03:02 PM   #4357
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bowser330 View Post
As if the M3 weren't already a top performer, the addition of SC basically takes the M3 to supercar territory. DLSJ5's videos going up against the top notch performers like 458, modified Porsche Turbos, GTRs, ZO6's, etc. would be enough for me to take that route. And to top it off its the most all around car of the bunch, Luxury the Nissan doesn't have, comfort the ZO6 doesn't have, and seating for four that the porsche or ferrari don't have....
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 04:06 PM   #4358
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

post up that video of riz trying to kill you at the driving range haha
      07-04-2011, 04:12 PM   #4359
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: i3 REX

please do this sounds funny!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 04:16 PM   #4360
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amg135i View Post
post up that video of riz trying to kill you at the driving range haha
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 04:23 PM   #4361
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

im laughing because ive done that, haha
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 05:16 PM   #4362
jeskaM3
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3 Coupe ('01)

Garage List
2001 M3  [10.00]
There's boba at the Ventura street fair!
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 05:19 PM   #4363
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M3

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2011 335i M-Sport  [4.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
hahah that shit is too funny
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 05:21 PM   #4364
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Happy is hard to do at that range, there is no room
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 06:07 PM   #4365
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
My plan is to order and lease an M3 and then buy it when I come to lease end and keep it for a very long time. Once it becomes out of warranty and is paid for....I'll get the ess sc kit by then the next m3 will be out and the sc should be a tad more affordable!
That's an extremely financially ignorant and stupid thing to do...if you intend to keep a car, you finance it straight out. Simple as that. You don't lease then buy it out.

BMW has great high residuals which lower lease payments; thus horrible if you plan to buy it at the end.

Listen to Riz:
Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
dont lease then buy.. im pretty sure you get hosed on Tax and buying out.......

Quote:
As if the M3 weren't already a top performer, the addition of SC basically takes the M3 to supercar territory. DLSJ5's videos going up against the top notch performers like 458, modified Porsche Turbos, GTRs, ZO6's, etc. would be enough for me to take that route. And to top it off its the most all around car of the bunch, Luxury the Nissan doesn't have, comfort the ZO6 doesn't have, and seating for four that the porsche or ferrari don't have....
Those are all straight line race.... Not once have I raced a car in a straight line using my M3.
My previous 335i kept up on par with S/C M3s even with the weight disadvantage.

I know what you're mentioning, but a BMW (especially a M3) isn't meant for straight line racing. Also, several s/c kits (especially those without the intercooler set up) over heat under track use. Only the Gintani stage2+ kits I have seen track without overheating

I know what you're getting at, but you forget that the M3 has nothing on those cars you mentioned when it comes to handling.
But you're also 100% correct in that it has the four seats, the luxury, and the comfort. Hence why it's a great Grand touring car (and not a 'sports car')

Nonetheless, I can't really afford to do either of these stuff I mentioned, hence why I said "hypothetically"
I need to use my cash for investments and get somewhere in life...not just get to a location faster in a car
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #4366
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Also, several s/c kits (especially those without the intercooler set up) over heat under track use. Only the Gintani stage2+ kits I have seen track without overheating

i don't claim to know everything but i do have a lot of connections in our scene. I know you know the guys at Gintani and I know a bunch of Gintani current and former customers but fact of the matter remains is this: there's so much that doesn't get posted on forums. I'll leave it at that cause i'm not about to cause a forum war. again.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 06:16 PM   #4367
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: Elsa - 2015 F80 M3 - YMB/SS

Garage List
Funny shit! Im coming to the. Range next time!

SEAN, you have very strong views...

d
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 07:26 PM   #4368
M_BYEEE
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM X5M

Lol I'm inexperienced with numbers and buying cars! I've just heard that's what some people do...I guess it's more if you don't know if your going to buy it out at lease end, then you should just finance it from the beginning. I wouldn't consider myself financially irresponsible!
      07-04-2011, 07:36 PM   #4369
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
Quote:
Lol I'm inexperienced with numbers and buying cars! I've just heard that's what some people do...I guess it's more if you don't know if your going to buy it out at lease end, then you should just finance it from the beginning. I wouldn't consider myself financially irresponsible!
now you know why im not getting an M3 right now.

yeah jamie you should come shit was fun.

and yeah dont Lease then Buy out. not only do you get taxed on your Monthly payment, but your also taxed when you buy the car out too. leasing is for people that want the new/best/greatest things when they come out.
buying is for people that drive the car into the ground 100k mile +. IMO
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 08:33 PM   #4370
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
i don't claim to know everything but i do have a lot of connections in our scene. I know you know the guys at Gintani and I know a bunch of Gintani current and former customers but fact of the matter remains is this: there's so much that doesn't get posted on forums. I'll leave it at that cause i'm not about to cause a forum war. again.
Actually I have heard of Gintani kits also getting too hot under intense track use if it was a stage 2+ (similar to ESS 535 without an intercooler and such)
I didn't mean that Gintani is better than ESS or G Power or AA or whatever. They all have their pros and cons.
I just haven't personally seen any kit other than a Gintani Stage 2+ at the track. Thus I can only comment on what I have personally seen and what I have heard from.

I guess when I said "overheating" I worded it incorrectly. I meant to say "getting really really hot" lol.

But makes sense when you think about it:

Tracking in 100 degree heat without an extremely improved cooling system will cause an engine to overheat (I don't mean overheat and blow up lol, I mean the car will need a cool down lap sooner than others or won't be able to run as many sessions). Even stock M3s can experience heat issues.

I experienced something like this with my 335i. My FMIC was the last thing I upgraded and I regretted it.
When I went with catless downpipes and race map (running mix of 100 and 91, so 93ish) I would experience heatstroke quite a lot on canyon runs.

One mod I was going to do was install an aftermarket oil cooler as well, but I ended up lemoning before I got to that mod. my oil temps would rise a loottttttt whenever I ran a high boost race map (17psi, sometimes 18!) under heavy load.

Any NA car that has been FI will have heat issues over a stock NA one, this is common sense more or less (compared to an engine that was originally built with FI in mind, like the VR38DETT in the GTR).
Even my M3 right now gets pretty hot....I could only imagine increased heat if I did a s/c kit without a FMIC and such.
If I remember right, my temp was over 250 degrees while at Big Willow last time; it was past the 3rd notch. I did a cool down lap immediately, but I could see it going even higher, to 265, 270, if I kept going at it hard.
I was in 3rd gear 7-8k RPM for extremely long periods of time.

Jason, how are your temp figures on hot days?
Its 100 in the valley, not sure how it is where you are though lol. if you bastards are like in the 70s I'm jealous and then that won't even be fair to compare.

Talking about the heat, I drove the Z4 yesterday when it was 100+ out and that damn thing is so slow lol. the heat really kills it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Definitive View Post
SEAN, you have very strong views...

d
Is that bad?

Quote:
You should run all the numbers.

For me, to finance my e93 M3 would have cost me about $1550/month with 0 down.
I wasn't going to pay that much lol. so I leased
if I was going to pay $1500/month I'd have gotten a Porsche 911 or a GTR...

Quote:
Originally Posted by theriz View Post
and yeah dont Lease then Buy out. not only do you get taxed on your Monthly payment, but your also taxed when you buy the car out too. leasing is for people that want the new/best/greatest things when they come out.
buying is for people that drive the car into the ground 100k mile +. IMO
Yes and no...

the e93 M3's lease rates were horrible before I got mine.

It would have cost upwards of $1200/month to lease it for 3 years.
I would rather pay $1500 for 5 years and own it.

That's why with my previous 335i, I financed it. lease rates were horrible

You need to look at the residuals and money factor as well as the base rate
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 08:41 PM   #4371
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Did I say it was bad. I do as well. Just dont know if I state things as such strong facts when they have to do with personal choice!

D
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 08:44 PM   #4372
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Did I say it was bad. I do as well. Just dont know if I state things as such strong facts when they have to do with personal choice!

D
No you didn't say it was bad, nor did I incline that you said such. I was merely asking if you thought it was bad or not. Sorry if it came off incorrectly.

I like to state fact as well as opinion. This is due to the fact that I generally base my opinions on facts and what I perceive to be fact (someone telling me something isn't hardcore evidence, but if I hear/read something enough times from various individuals then, at times, I am able to perceive that information as indeed factual evidence).
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 08:52 PM   #4373
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post

I know what you're mentioning, but a BMW (especially a M3) isn't meant for straight line racing. Also, several s/c kits (especially those without the intercooler set up) over heat under track use. Only the Gintani stage2+ kits I have seen track without overheating

I know what you're getting at, but you forget that the M3 has nothing on those cars you mentioned when it comes to handling.
But you're also 100% correct in that it has the four seats, the luxury, and the comfort. Hence why it's a great Grand touring car (and not a 'sports car')

Nonetheless, I can't really afford to do either of these stuff I mentioned, hence why I said "hypothetically"
I need to use my cash for investments and get somewhere in life...not just get to a location faster in a car
None of the other cars DLSJ5 raced were meant/built for straight line racing either, I don't know how a SC M3 would perform on a track vs other performance cars, tuned or not, but I do think saying "has nothing on those cars" is a bit extreme. I mean you have one so you are surely entitled to your personal experience & opinion, however I don't think you are giving the M3 enough credit. You have a pretty amazing automobile bro.

I don't think the nomenclature has much of place anymore now days...Maybe back in the day when the only "sports car" was a two seat roadster. In my opinion as soon as the 2+2 layout came about the terms began to merge (sports & touring)

It got up to the 90's in Agoura Hills, just nasty.
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 08:56 PM   #4374
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

I know its july 4th and youre all with family and friends, but if anyone wants to meet up for a drink (non alcoholic, i dont drink...) and shoot the shit, let me know..
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:02 PM   #4375
Definitive
definitivecars.com
United_States
Rep

Garage List
Have a drink for me. An alcoholic one!

D
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:11 PM   #4376
Bowser330
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Have a drink for me. An alcoholic one!

D
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:22 PM   #4377
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
None of the other cars DLSJ5 raced were meant/built for straight line racing either, I don't know how a SC M3 would perform on a track vs other performance cars, tuned or not, but I do think saying "has nothing on those cars" is a bit extreme. I mean you have one so you are surely entitled to your personal experience & opinion, however I don't think you are giving the M3 enough credit. You have a pretty amazing automobile bro.

I don't think the nomenclature has much of place anymore now days...Maybe back in the day when the only "sports car" was a two seat roadster. In my opinion as soon as the 2+2 layout came about the terms began to merge (sports & touring)

It got up to the 90's in Agoura Hills, just nasty.
I know they weren't built for straight line racing.
What I meant was that a straight line racing doesn't help me pick what I would want to do/buy as racing in a straight line doesn't interest me. Rarely do I ever go WOT off a line lol

The reason I say "has nothing on these cars" is based on personal experience.

I know the M3 is a very formidable car. However, it is no 'sports car' by my personal definition or experience. I got my M3 for a couple of reasons (Well, more, but to break it down..)
1) Great lease rate for how much car you get (I'd have to spend $300 more per month for a GTR and put more down, 500 more for an equally equipped Porsche C2s and more down)
2) Hard top vert
3) It's a M3 (meaning it has the S65, good handling while being comfortable, styling, status, and all else that goes with it).

Before I got into the BMW came (meaning before my 335i), I had a 986 (Porsche Boxster in case you didn't know) and a 996 Turbo (Porsche 911 Turbo)

I would take my e93 over any of those cars today without question.
However, my e93 M3 does not handle nearly as well as either of those cars.

Many who haven't owned a Boxster say it's a woman's car, it's a poor-man's Porsche, and other negative comments.

They forget it's a LOW WEIGHT (about 3100lbs) mid engine sports cars with near perfect weight distribution. 0-60 that car was a joke lol. But hit the canyons and corners it shined.

I cannot comment on the newer Boxster or Caymans as I haven't owned them (Driven them, and they're amazing, but I don't feel test driving a car gives you enough credibility to compare to and rate it to others versus actually owning them)

I have been very fortunate to have owned several different cars over the years.
Out of all the cars I've owned, the one that made me the happiest I would say was my 335i; mainly cause I poured my heart and sole into modifying it, figuring out what mod to do, learning how to install the parts, and working hard to get those parts.

The car I would pick to have over all of them is a no brainer: My e93 M3

You're absolutely right in that it's a pretty amazing automobile.
I just happen to see Cons along side the pros.
Even now I am looking at what I will get next after the M3's lease is up lol.

Thinking of getting a 3 series diesel with either the Ariel Atom or the KTM X-Bow for the track.

This is the KTM X-Bow for those who may not know:

It's not street legal of course lol
Appreciate 0
      07-04-2011, 09:32 PM   #4378
theriz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2017 F80 M3  [0.00]
2015 M3  [0.00]
2009 X5  [10.00]
fuck that is one sick ride. i would take that one the street any day tho idgaf. lol
Appreciate 0