BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW
View Poll Results: Which interior color will you choose for your M3
Black 57 35.63%
Fox Red 64 40.00%
Palladium Silver 18 11.25%
Bamboo Beige 21 13.13%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll

04-14-2007, 04:54 PM   #23
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Fox Red vs. others

So is the red interior option for the M3 officially called Fox Red? I have seen the picture of that color (through glass) here on the forum. Does anyone have a better shot, perhaps not through glass of this color. It looks a bit orange-ish. I think I prefere Imola Red or Coral Red to this new color. It sure would be good to see some side by side comparos so here are Imola and Coral:
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 06:49 PM   #24
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ilron View Post
BMW Individual is a program that gives the buyer an extended option list. In other words you are freer to decide internal/external colours, materials used and other changes. Please note that Individual has some basic colours / combinations to choose from, but you can customize very heavily if you pay for it.

I’m not sure if the program is still set up like it was before, but then you had 3 different levels of “individualisation”, whereas the basic one was more colours, up to the third level where you could do “anything”.

The present car that I have is from the Individual program and the M3 I’m waiting on will also be from this program. I have not received any details yet regarding the Individual options for the M3 but am chasing the dealer on a regular basis. I can let you know the options when I have the info, but as it is with dealers I guess the information will already be on the net by the time I get it.

I do think that this program is not available in the US.
What color is your M3? Any pictures.

Individiual has been available in the US in a limited capacity historically. However, I've heard rumours that recently BMWNA has not been accepting Individual orders (even on M cars). Furthermore, Individual was not available at the launch of the E46 M3 in the US.

What this all boils down to is that all signs point to Individual options not being available in the US at E92 M3 launch.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 07:38 PM   #25
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post

Individiual has been available in the US in a limited capacity historically. However, I've heard rumours that recently BMWNA has not been accepting Individual orders (even on M cars). Furthermore, Individual was not available at the launch of the E46 M3 in the US.

What this all boils down to is that all signs point to Individual options not being available in the US at E92 M3 launch.

-Adam

those aren't rumors, but rather fact. bmw usa will not take any individual orders for any car, m or not, unless its a 7er (and no more than a year ago, you couldn't even do that). bmw has no stated intent to extend the individual program's availability in the US anytime soon. a shame.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-14-2007, 09:21 PM   #26
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Peugeot 306 XSI 16v

Imola red is a far nicer colour for the leather. I think Coral red lloks too bright, cheapening the overall effect.
      04-14-2007, 09:31 PM   #27
DougLikesBMW
Fapmin
Rep
Drives: '03 E46 330Ci

Quote:
BMW Individual is a program that gives the buyer an extended option list. In other words you are freer to decide internal/external colours, materials used and other changes. Please note that Individual has some basic colours / combinations to choose from, but you can customize very heavily if you pay for it.

I’m not sure if the program is still set up like it was before, but then you had 3 different levels of “individualisation”, whereas the basic one was more colours, up to the third level where you could do “anything”.

The present car that I have is from the Individual program and the M3 I’m waiting on will also be from this program. I have not received any details yet regarding the Individual options for the M3 but am chasing the dealer on a regular basis. I can let you know the options when I have the info, but as it is with dealers I guess the information will already be on the net by the time I get it.

I do think that this program is not available in the US.
Cool, thanks for the info!
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 01:33 AM   #28
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
Imola red is a far nicer colour for the leather. I think Coral red lloks too bright, cheapening the overall effect.
If the Coral color actually is that bright (I think it is) I agree. However, from the tiny bit I have seen Fox Red is too brick/orange tinted. They should have stuck with Imola. Maybe it will be possible via Individual.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 03:45 AM   #29
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smoltz View Post

-Adam
I do not have an M3 today, but my E46 330i is Nachtblau (Nightblue) with black filler. It is one of those colours that are difficult to get right with a camera. The colour changes quite a lot depending on angle and light which makes it an interesting colour, it is dark, yet it still clearly shows the figure of the car.

The interior is black on black alcantara with black carbonfiber lists. Both the seats and the door panels are alcantara. – I really this car…

I have not decided on a colour combination for the new E92 M3 - I do consider alcantara seats.
Attached Images

Last edited by ilron; 04-15-2007 at 04:35 AM.. Reason: Added some info about the new M3
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 04:09 AM   #30
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep

That's a gorgeous colour, I don't think I've seen one. Is it Individual?
      04-15-2007, 04:12 AM   #31
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swamp2 View Post
If the Coral color actually is that bright (I think it is) I agree. However, from the tiny bit I have seen Fox Red is too brick/orange tinted. They should have stuck with Imola. Maybe it will be possible via Individual.
It's a shame they won't offer Tanin Red leather from the E46 Compact, as that is such a rich colour and I'll probably source one as my next car.

It's a poor pic - sourced from Auto Trader - but this is what I like
      04-15-2007, 05:24 AM   #32
ilron
Private First Class
Norway
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 & E60 520d - soon an X1

Quote:
Originally Posted by The CSL View Post
That's a gorgeous colour, I don't think I've seen one. Is it Individual?
Thank you and Yes, Nightblue Metallic is an individual colour.
I have only seen two cars with the same colour and that was when I visited BMW M where the Individual guys are located. They have a Maritime theme that also use this colour.

The sticker on the strut tower says: Nachtblau Metallic 453/5 Fueller Schwarz.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 05:29 AM   #33
The CSL
For the love of ///M3
United Kingdom
Rep

What made me think it was Individual, I have a picture of an E90 in what appeared to be a similar colour on an Individual stand at some motorshow.

The wood on those nautical 760's was a bit tasty.
      04-15-2007, 08:35 AM   #34
Smoltz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 04 Challenge Stradale + 02 M3

Quote:
I do not have an M3 today, but my E46 330i is Nachtblau (Nightblue) with black filler. It is one of those colours that are difficult to get right with a camera. The colour changes quite a lot depending on angle and light which makes it an interesting colour, it is dark, yet it still clearly shows the figure of the car.

The interior is black on black alcantara with black carbonfiber lists. Both the seats and the door panels are alcantara. – I really this car…

I have not decided on a colour combination for the new E92 M3 - I do consider alcantara seats.
Great color! One of the guys over at M3Forum has a Nachtblau M3. I'm eager to find out what you end up going with on the E92 and seeing pictures of it.

In the meantime enjoy your 330.

-Adam
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 08:42 AM   #35
ase2dais
//Mdicted
United_States
Rep
Drives: a Cop Magnet

Garage List
I like red interior, but personally wouldn't buy for myself, Im with the traditional black interior sports look group
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2007, 07:11 PM   #36
ruff
Conspicuous consumption
Rep
Drives: 987 S .2, Lemond Zurich

The sporting, “basic” trim is a combination of cloth and leather called “Speed”. From the BMW press release. Does anyone know anything about this trim? Its color, I presume only black, how much leather vs cloth etc.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 02:39 AM   #37
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruff View Post
The sporting, “basic” trim is a combination of cloth and leather called “Speed”. From the BMW press release. Does anyone know anything about this trim? Its color, I presume only black, how much leather vs cloth etc.
Here's a picture:

Best regards, south
Attached Images

Last edited by southlight; 04-16-2007 at 03:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:16 AM   #38
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by southlight View Post
Here's a picture:

Best regards, south

bad image link south.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2007, 03:20 AM   #39
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
bad image link south.
I've attached the picture now, should be working...

Best regards, south
Appreciate 0
      04-21-2007, 02:51 PM   #40
M///
M///
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 530i

Guys what do think of WHITE exterior with FoxRed interior and Black interior trim (PIANO BLACK) ??
Appreciate 0