BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - New England

BPM

03-22-2013, 09:54 PM   #287
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by SouthShoreM3 View Post
That's why the DWS by conti is the best of winter/fall/ early spring.. Don't get me wrong I have more sets of tires than I know what to do with. got a set of blizzaks that have barely been used, brand new set of conti 5p..the new conti semi slicks for track..hankook v12 for the 20s and Michelin PSS for the 20s now these DWS which are on Dinan offset BBS CHRs.. i have put about 700 miles on the DWS since i bought them and they are pheoneminal. Especially with the S/C they have given tons of team toon during the winter when it was nice enough to drive the car. But we all know time is valuable and I still have not invested in a decent enough torque wrench and lift for the car to swap them off without going and back and forth to the shop. Dumb on my part really.

ayjaoo is on these forums like crazy buying everything in sight!! Smart man and seen him get some good stuff pre owned and in good shape. So maybe that's where he got the good price.. No much of a price drop when it comes to tires in the market.

I would still say the PSS is better than the PS2. Conti 5ps for me I think handle wet weather better, but can be greasy if you don't warm the up every time you drive on them. Very quiet as well. Then again I don't hear much road noise when I constantly have the car sitting at 4000RPM. Not even my girlfriend yelling at me do I have to leave it in that rev range all the time..hah i kid..

Cheers fellas and if anyone is interested this weekend I am open

Good info man. I think it all comes down to personal preference and what you're going to be doing with the tires (daily, track, cornering, etc). I've always been a fan of Michelin tires (good prices, great value, no complaints with them). But then if you're looking for something to drive all season, then DWS is definitely the way to go.

Hahah!! I know man, I've spent a bunch of money on here. Good thing I'm single or else my wife would have kills me

Yeah, I try to get the best value items out there. I don't mind it being used, as long as it is in good condition. I actually got the PS2 with some great tread on them 255/35 and 275/35 for 500 all 4 Gotta look for the deals
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 10:20 AM   #288
SouthShoreM3
Passes everything but the gas station
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 M3

Hey at least u got a tax return,. I'm dealing with tax fraud right now

A holes stealing my hard earned money..
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:04 AM   #289
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey at least u got a tax return,. I'm dealing with tax fraud right now

A holes stealing my hard earned money..
Damn man, that's f*cked up. Hope everything works out and something is done about it and those bastards get what they deserve.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:27 AM   #290
SouthShoreM3
United_States
Rep

It's crazy with the tax return theft right now. Been trying to sort it out for 6 months, but there are so many people org the same problem as me it's just back logged. Governor has no problem taking your money, but when you need it they could care less.

Oh well!! You are absolutely right about the stuff out here. 90% of he community takes great care of their car stuff. I have been trying to buy these two technocraft parts from a guy in the forum and he wants to seek everything at once.

Guy is an idiot and I have told him no one is going to buy all of it (whole intake kit and the carbon manifold). So I ended up buying new, what can you do!!

I saw that steering wheel you got. It was perfect and local here in MA which is so rare!! I was definitely a bit jealous.

How was the install on the wheel? Did you do it yourself? I have been thinking about buying some performance seats, but I know I don't need them..gosh are they beautiful though. Would have to redo my shift boot and e brake boot sticking though. Got a custom leatherZ a while back. Beautiful stuff.

Send me a PM With our email and ill send you some pics or your phone number. Our mail server is down right now at work so text is gonna work better.

857-272-0233
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2013, 11:55 AM   #291
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
It's crazy with the tax return theft right now. Been trying to sort it out for 6 months, but there are so many people org the same problem as me it's just back logged. Governor has no problem taking your money, but when you need it they could care less.

Oh well!! You are absolutely right about the stuff out here. 90% of he community takes great care of their car stuff. I have been trying to buy these two technocraft parts from a guy in the forum and he wants to seek everything at once.

Guy is an idiot and I have told him no one is going to buy all of it (whole intake kit and the carbon manifold). So I ended up buying new, what can you do!!

I saw that steering wheel you got. It was perfect and local here in MA which is so rare!! I was definitely a bit jealous.

How was the install on the wheel? Did you do it yourself? I have been thinking about buying some performance seats, but I know I don't need them..gosh are they beautiful though. Would have to redo my shift boot and e brake boot sticking though. Got a custom leatherZ a while back. Beautiful stuff.

Send me a PM With our email and ill send you some pics or your phone number. Our mail server is down right now at work so text is gonna work better.

857-272-0233
Absolutely, love that fact that almost everyone takes good care of their stuff on here and are honest with things. I've got really good deals with almost everything I've bought here, saving me a ton of money.

Hahah! It was great working with Mike with the steering wheel transaction. Got an AWESOME deal which I'm grateful and can't thank him enough for it. The steering wheel feels absolutely amazing and the looks of it The install was actually easier than I thought. A few screws off and walaaa, it's off. The hardest part is dealing with the airbag, just gotta make sure you disconnect the battery and no power going to the car.

Those seats are PERFECT, the price however, not so much. I think it's about 5k but they are extremely rare that's for sure.

I'll send you a PM with my email.
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2013, 04:10 PM   #292
SouthShoreM3
United_States
Rep

Went to world of wheels today...more like US of wheels...few great looking older muscle cars..my buddy the works at Porsche NORWOOD has a ford Fairline that is painted in Porsche GT3 grey...want to see a beautiful color that is it...

Not one European car there...disappointing to say the least.

That ZL1 camaro is a big beast of a car.. Nice looking but it is enormous...good bang for the buck and it has a SAT NAV.

When this goes on next year we need to get involved and get some European cars in there
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:14 PM   #293
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW M3 DCT COUPE

I went last year. there was one e46 M3 there.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 01:21 PM   #294
Savage_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3 & 2022 X3M Comp

Does anyone know if Bavarian Auto will have a show this summer? I went a couple years back and they had a M1 there along with plenty of other great cars...
      03-25-2013, 02:24 PM   #295
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep

Bavarian Auto does the show n shine every Fall-usually in October, before it gets cold and shitty.
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 06:17 PM   #296
inter1032
Major
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2013 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MA///M3 View Post
Bavarian Auto does the show n shine every Fall-usually in October, before it gets cold and shitty.
any other bmw shows or g2gs coming up?
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:16 PM   #297
SouthShoreM3
United_States
Rep

April and may is when the shows start popping up. Saw an r8 v10 at whole foods in hingham tonight. Beautiful car..it was the same car that I saw last week getting a STASIS exhaust on it..talk about a mean sounding car with that system. Makes my M sound like a Prius!! And cheers to this guy driving the car and had the 6spd...that gates shifter and that engine are just perfect with one another!!

That world of wheels was funny...I saw more high end cars in the parking lot then in the show..old SRT8 viper, new RS5 (which is beautiful but honestly looks a bit too much like an A5/S5 from the side...minus the wheels and scalloped brake discs)...CTSV wagon and coupe, Evo X, 930 slant nose Porsche (this car was absolutely mint..full roll cage, heavily modified, and the paint looked like it was just done)..list goes on.

They should of allowed all of us to drive our cars in there!!! Had a 10 year girl shout for me to rev and floor it at a stop light...let her get a little taste!! One guy actually could hear the engine and new it was supercharged while sitting at a light....the engine is alot louder sitting idling with the blower..great sound and makes the car seem more alive
Appreciate 0
      03-25-2013, 09:20 PM   #298
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep

BMW day at the Lara Anderson museum in August.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 09:57 AM   #299
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

I'm seeing 50's this week
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 12:19 PM   #300
Savage_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
I'm seeing 50's this week
Hmm... Do I dare switch to my summer ZCP's or wait another week or two???
      03-26-2013, 12:22 PM   #301
WingZeroX5
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F80 / F30

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
it's gonna be in the 50's! unless ur using i95/128 as a track, i don't see a problem

i ran the PSS' in the winter as low as 20's with no problems. Pushed it a little when about ~10 miles into my journey but still fine!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 12:29 PM   #302
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savage_M3 View Post
Do it! Do it! Do it!
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2013, 01:55 PM   #303
Savage_M3
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WingZeroX5 View Post
it's gonna be in the 50's! unless ur using i95/128 as a track, i don't see a problem

i ran the PSS' in the winter as low as 20's with no problems. Pushed it a little when about ~10 miles into my journey but still fine!
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyooooJay View Post
Do it! Do it! Do it!
I knew I could rely on you guys for some healthy encouragement...

Hopefully I have some free time on Saturday!

Anyone have any good experience with any inexpensive torque wrenches? I have an older style with the rod to indicate torque, but I would like to grab one that I can dial in...
      03-26-2013, 01:58 PM   #304
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I am putting my summer wheels on as soon as the tire shop installs the new 265/35/18 and 285/35/18 PSS onto my wheels. Should be this week.

I use the Harbor Freight clicker torque wrenches that cost $10 on sale. They have been fine for my use. Sears makes one but it gets mixed reviews and does not have their lifetime warranty. Lowes sells one that does have a lifetime warranty. If I was building an engine, I would buy or borrow a fancy wrench. I do have one of those torque testing devices.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 11:53 AM   #305
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Good weather is just around the corner guys, FINALLY! I'm seeing a lot 50's on the forecast for the next few days.

Hope to get my car ready by the end of next month. I will be able to meet starting May so if anything, hit me up.

Would be nice to have a few Ms cruising on the highway at the same time
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:22 PM   #306
MA///M3
Banned
United_States
Rep

Anyone have the Dinan Performance Software? $800 for a small bump in power seems pricey, but Dinan has a 15% off through Sunday. Removing the governor seems nice.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:25 PM   #307
DopeM3
M Power
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Anyone have the Dinan Performance Software? $800 for a small bump in power seems pricey, but Dinan has a 15% off through Sunday. Removing the governor seems nice.
Personally not a Dinan guy. I got a Stage II from BPM which I haven't installed yet. I'll post some feedback once I get that in, most likely by the end of next month.
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2013, 02:46 PM   #308
inter1032
Major
Italy
Rep
Drives: 2013 m3

Quote:
have you looked at bren tuning? he's in mass and does tunes and he's also on here
Appreciate 0