BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

European Auto Source (EAS)

10-03-2011, 08:53 PM   #45
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vise View Post
That's what I meant, sides front/rear and back. It looks pretty dark in your pics but its hard to judge, if it is medium that is probably the standard 30-35%. 20% is definitely not legal on your side front windows but some people like it that dark.
I have to check on it you are properly right it is Medium and 35% the MB dealership had my benz done at the same place and they would not do anything illegal My M3 got the same percentage as the benz.

The picture might be deceiving from the sun, however, the front window is stock not tinted at all ... I'll check on the percentage.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 09:41 PM   #46
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Hope all you fellows had an nice Canadian Thanksgiving ... most of all a nice drive.

Last week I finished the exterior restoration of my original 535is made in May 1987 ... installed 2 new front fenders, repaired and had the front spoiler repainted then installed, installed new front and rear bumper. Cleaned up the garage of all the mess. Put some pictures up (see my 535is Garage).

Washed my other 2 cars and moved them back into the garage

Naturally went on a nice drive to the lake today ... weather was grand and will be for a few more days.

What you all do? Besides driving around in your toy

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
Appreciate 0
      10-09-2011, 11:38 PM   #47
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E90 M3

Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm stuffed. No long drives today, but I did manage to squeeze in washing both cars this afternoon.
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 05:45 PM   #48
CalgaryX3
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Happy Thanksgiving everyone! I'm stuffed. No long drives today, but I did manage to squeeze in washing both cars this afternoon.
Happy Thanksgiving Chowster and all of my other Canadian brethren.

I took the time this weekend to detail my 335i before the long winter. Since I spent all day in the garage, I treated my wife to a dinner date last night, since we had the inlaws to look after the little one. After dinner my wife suggested "nice night for a drive". She didn't have to ask me twice; we spent an hour cruising around town, including some of the scenic highways and byways around Calgary. I'm 150km closer to my break-in service next spring!

Asif
Appreciate 0
      10-10-2011, 09:57 PM   #49
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 6MT E92 M3

I am in Toronto for business for the first time and I love it. Just missing my M3 here. I just wish I had her here so I could drive in the great highways Toronto has.

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 01:36 AM   #50
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
Happy Thanksgiving Chowster and all of my other Canadian brethren.

I took the time this weekend to detail my 335i before the long winter. Since I spent all day in the garage, I treated my wife to a dinner date last night, since we had the inlaws to look after the little one. After dinner my wife suggested "nice night for a drive". She didn't have to ask me twice; we spent an hour cruising around town, including some of the scenic highways and byways around Calgary. I'm 150km closer to my break-in service next spring!

Asif
Asif. - you're going to wait till spring to reach the break-in service??? You've got some serious restraint! I could barely wait my 6 weeks to do a few WOT runs after my service - and you're going to wait 6+ months?!? That's like having blue balls!
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:10 AM   #51
CalgaryX3
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i / 2011 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chowster View Post
Asif. - you're going to wait till spring to reach the break-in service??? You've got some serious restraint! I could barely wait my 6 weeks to do a few WOT runs after my service - and you're going to wait 6+ months?!? That's like having blue balls!
I'm married with a little one Chowster, so all too familiar with the latter

As for the service, I was truly hoping to have made up the mileage before winter, but alas, we'll have snow here at a moments notice, and I want to make sure that my winter regimen for the M3 is complete before the snow flies. Love our CRV for those snowy months!

Asif
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:26 AM   #52
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prince_of_Persia View Post
I am in Toronto for business for the first time and I love it. Just missing my M3 here. I just wish I had her here so I could drive in the great highways Toronto has.
Could you please show me these great highways that we have
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 07:52 AM   #53
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gearhead999s View Post
Quote:
When i was driving from air port to westin harbour, i think there were highways with 6 lanes ( i think it was 401) and because it was midnight, there was no traffic too

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 08:35 AM   #54
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Gearhead, I think Prince of Persia is simply overwhelmed by the efficient (well still at the moment if not in rush hour) highway system we have when he compares it to Calgary area Highway 1 going east to west and Highway 2 going south to north. There is kind of a ring road in Calgary, however, it takes you quite a distance from where you want to go

Naturally Toronto has a much larger highway system then some of the smaller city centres out west

Whenever I head for Toronto I try very much to avoid the rush hour coming or going often I take the 403 for it is faster then the 401 I do avoid the 407 like the plague I think the tool rate on that stretch of highway is over the top.

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 09:25 AM   #55
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
When i was driving from air port to westin harbour, i think there were highways with 6 lanes ( i think it was 401) and because it was midnight, there was no traffic too
Try it during the day and you will have a very different outlook on our Highway system.Our rush hour runs from 6.00am to 9.45 am and starts again at 2.30 pm till 7.30 pm.Using our toll road(407) is often the only way to get anywhere in a decent time.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 10:51 AM   #56
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Try it during the day and you will have a very different outlook on our Highway system.Our rush hour runs from 6.00am to 9.45 am and starts again at 2.30 pm till 7.30 pm.Using our toll road(407) is often the only way to get anywhere in a decent time.
You're just talking about the 400 series highway, too! The only time DVP isn't jammed is about 1245pm- 1pm...good luck until 1030pm at night... Our highway sucks during rush hour, which happens to be 95% of the time you're awake.
      10-11-2011, 12:27 PM   #57
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
You're just talking about the 400 series highway, too! The only time DVP isn't jammed is about 1245pm- 1pm...good luck until 1030pm at night... Our highway sucks during rush hour, which happens to be 95% of the time you're awake.
Totally agree. I grew up in the GTA, and moved out west about 15 years ago. Whenever I come back to visit my parents, I'm appalled at how bad the traffic is these days.

Have a great short work week everyone.
W.
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 12:29 PM   #58
Chowster
E60_to_E90
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalgaryX3 View Post
I'm married with a little one Chowster, so all too familiar with the latter

As for the service, I was truly hoping to have made up the mileage before winter, but alas, we'll have snow here at a moments notice, and I want to make sure that my winter regimen for the M3 is complete before the snow flies. Love our CRV for those snowy months!

Asif
Unfortunately, a reality for most of us new dads...
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:34 PM   #59
Prince_of_Persia
Colonel
Canada
Rep

Ok had to go back to airport today at 3:00 pm and that changed my mind. I still love toronto's highways at midnight though
You guys have crazy traffic!

AW|FR 6MT E92 ///M3
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:45 PM   #60
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Ok had to go back to airport today at 3:00 pm and that changed my mind. I still love toronto's highways at midnight though
You guys have crazy traffic!
You know I've traveled quite a bit in my time by car and to see a city at midnight has always been one of my favourite things to do ... case in point I parked a block away from Time Square then walked across the street to get myself a coffee. Had my coffee and admired the view

Only way to see any of the major cities is at midnight I always found it to be something magical to do

Everyone should try it then cruse around see the lights, turn down your window and listen to the sound of your engine ... just do it you love it.

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:49 PM   #61
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
You know I've traveled quite a bit in my time by car and to see a city at midnight has always been one of my favourite things to do ... case in point I parked a block away from Time Square then walked across the street to get myself a coffee. Had my coffee and admired the view

Only way to see any of the major cities is at midnight I always found it to be something magical to do

Everyone should try it then cruse around see the lights, turn down your window and listen to the sound of your engine ... just do it you love it.
Yep lots to see in big cities late at night

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 02:54 PM   #62
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Yep lots to see in big cities late at night

Hope you left him a loonie for a cup of coffee

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 03:18 PM   #63
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Did I mention I hand wasted my cars last Saturday and finally managed to put some pictures in the Forum Garage ... also went to Port Stanley yesterday, man lot's of people there saw many fine cars including some Bimmers, however no M3 while I was there

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 03:42 PM   #64
Twinbo
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: ....

Winter wheel/tire combo ordered today from Tirerack.
Sport Edition A7 Painted Black - 18"
235/40/18 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 all around.
I was flopping between the LM-60 (performance) and the WS-60 (snow and ice) but went with the latter because I will be taking the car into the mountains to ski. This should be the only winter the M is used (still waiting for a 99-01 4Runner to be traded in at a local dealership my friends works at).
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:11 PM   #65
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twinbo View Post
Winter wheel/tire combo ordered today from Tirerack.
Sport Edition A7 Painted Black - 18"
235/40/18 Bridgestone Blizzak WS60 all around.
I was flopping between the LM-60 (performance) and the WS-60 (snow and ice) but went with the latter because I will be taking the car into the mountains to ski. This should be the only winter the M is used (still waiting for a 99-01 4Runner to be traded in at a local dealership my friends works at).
You should be fine with that set up. In 2004 I purchased my then M3 2002 in Vancouver drove it home to Edmonton. It had 19" Performance tires on the car when I purchased it. Drove it thru the mountains home in March, when I got home I nearly crashed her in my neighbourhood near our then house. Next day I found a special winter wheel tire set at BMW Bavaria once they were on the car all was well.

I now have a similar winter set up for my e92 only that the wheels are aftermarket replica 18" BMW 220M wheels and the tires are Michelin ICE from TireRack. I got the tires last year and found them to be $500- less from TireRack then if I would have purchased them from Canadian Tire.

I hear you have snow already Happy Skiing ...

Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:14 PM   #66
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
Hope you left him a loonie for a cup of coffee
I think it might have been a part of an MB Forum meet
Appreciate 0