BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

08-18-2009, 07:34 AM   #23
Georgeair
Captain
Rep
Drives: '08 Melbourne E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by spyderco10 View Post
maybe my engine is defective. or maybe it's the hawaiian humidity.
Not a lot of interstate drives to CA either.....
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2009, 11:24 AM   #24
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerich0 View Post
My low gas warning comes up at about 65 miles of range IIRC... could this be modified to lets say 20? I think 65 miles is way in advance and it bothers me everytime I start the car...
The first warning at ~65 miles isn't too bad since it can be cleared out and stays out of the way. Its the second one that bothers me. I hate that it stays on permanently and blocks the BC readout - I can't see the outside temp and target cruise control speed. I wish it would just remind me only every 5 miles or so and stay on only when the miles to go gets to single digits. That's about when I think about filling up. I realize BMW warns about the fuel pump being cooled by the gas in the tank but I've never had an issue with letting it go to near empty, including 125k trouble free miles on my E46 M3. There's still a lot of fuel left in the tank even when the miles-to-go readout hits zero.
Appreciate 0