BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Australia

05-07-2013, 03:11 AM   #1
Top Shelf
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: AMG C63 Edition 507

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Custom exhaust and tuning SE QLD

Hi guys, I'm now a proud owner of an E90 M3 and was wondering what options are around the South East Queensland area for modding M3's preferably a tune and an aftermarket exhaust.

I see there are options a plenty in the states, ie BPM sport and ESS tunes. Is anyone in OZ running these tunes?

Any info / advice on either would be greatly appreciated!
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 03:15 AM   #2
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

i had an ess tune made the car 100 times better
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 04:15 AM   #3
Top Shelf
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
i had an ess tune made the car 100 times better
Did you have a shop do it, or did you do it yourself? Was there more noticeable power / torque?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 04:57 AM   #4
DaveDee
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW X5M Comp

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Top Shelf View Post
Hi guys, I'm now a proud owner of an E90 M3 and was wondering what options are around the South East Queensland area for modding M3's preferably a tune and an aftermarket exhaust.

I see there are options a plenty in the states, ie BPM sport and ESS tunes. Is anyone in OZ running these tunes?

Any info / advice on either would be greatly appreciated!
Feel free to give me a call, I'm on the Gold Coast and can demonstrate a fully modded M3 with Full exhaust, Supercharger, custom lighting and lots of electronics, ECU tunes and can source and supply just about anything you need in that area. I have access to 3 performance shops to carry out any work
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 05:07 AM   #5
Top Shelf
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
Feel free to give me a call, I'm on the Gold Coast and can demonstrate a fully modded M3 with Full exhaust, Supercharger, custom lighting and lots of electronics, ECU tunes and can source and supply just about anything you need in that area. I have access to 3 performance shops to carry out any work
Hi Dave, I may have to take you up on your offer

What exhaust and tune are you running?
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 05:17 AM   #6
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Hi Dave, I may have to take you up on your offer

What exhaust and tune are you running?
I'm running a Gintani Quad Resonated x-pipe with valved sport rear section and a Gintani Supercharger, before that I had an ESS tune that was overwritten by the Supercharger ECU software. I am the OZ Distributor for Gintani from California. The guys recently came out from USA and did in house training at the performance shop in Brisbane.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818517

Also why don't you come along to track day next month, what a way to be properly introduced to your M3 Feel free to give me a call
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 05:50 AM   #7
OM VT3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 e92 zcp m3

Quote:
Did you have a shop do it, or did you do it yourself? Was there more noticeable power / torque?
southern bm did it along with an akra and filter a stock car makes about 230kw i think it made about 260 or 265kw i can't remember car drove a lot better with the tune even when ur not trashing it
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 05:35 PM   #8
Top Shelf
Enlisted Member
Rep

Garage List
2009 BMW E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveDee View Post
I'm running a Gintani Quad Resonated x-pipe with valved sport rear section and a Gintani Supercharger, before that I had an ESS tune that was overwritten by the Supercharger ECU software. I am the OZ Distributor for Gintani from California. The guys recently came out from USA and did in house training at the performance shop in Brisbane.

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=818517

Also why don't you come along to track day next month, what a way to be properly introduced to your M3 Feel free to give me a call
I had a look at your you tube videos, the Gintani sounds sweet, nice to see some footage on Tugun bypass

Would love to come to the track day, but I'd be too worried I'd do some damage to the new car

I might drop you a line as I would like to hear the exhaust in person and see just how loud it is. A lot of people also seem to recommend the M Performance exhaust.
Appreciate 0
      05-07-2013, 06:46 PM   #9
DaveDee
Major
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
I had a look at your you tube videos, the Gintani sounds sweet, nice to see some footage on Tugun bypass

Would love to come to the track day, but I'd be too worried I'd do some damage to the new car

I might drop you a line as I would like to hear the exhaust in person and see just how loud it is. A lot of people also seem to recommend the M Performance exhaust.
Exhaust systems come down to personal preferences. The M performance is no doubt excellent quality but retains a similar look to stock with the canisters. It has a more raspy sound. The Gintani has individual silencers and is more concealed and has more of a deep throaty V8 sound. You are welcome to come for a run in mine. An exhaust system is a big investment and getting it right first time is important. I've gone through 4 after market systems now until getting it right. You can't hurt your car on the track. Your M is right at home there and instruction is available and the guys who come to this event are responsible drivers with expensive cars. If you want you can come along just to observe and see all the other M's. The day is intended for non experienced drivers to come out and have a good time without pressure
Appreciate 0
      05-11-2013, 08:01 PM   #10
MFKN3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: supercharged 4.4L stroker E92

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh View Post
southern bm did it along with an akra and filter a stock car makes about 230kw i think it made about 260 or 265kw i can't remember car drove a lot better with the tune even when ur not trashing it
I started with the same, the tune, exhaust and intake made the low end 100x better.

Quote:

QR is a pretty simple track with heaps of run-off. Unless you were being a dick, you won't have any issues. It's unnerving at first, but you take it easy and each lap push it a bit harder till you find your zone. The trainer can also go in the car with you and he literally holds the steering wheel from the passenger seat. I reckon it makes you a better driver on the streets because it gives you an appreciation of how well these M's handle. Mine gets punished, sometimes back-to-back sessions and it's never missed a beat; they're made for the track

I'd go aftermarket, like gintani with adjustable valves because it's 2 in 1. I have eisenmann race, but it's loud as hell. BMW PE would be ok but probably too sublte
Appreciate 0