BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

BPM

08-12-2008, 06:25 PM   #1
Juano11
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 M3 DCT Coupe

Question for those that have ordered an 09 coupe

I'm aching to pull the trigger and order my 09 DCT Coupe.

I was willing to buy an 08, but my CA informs me that she cannot find one with the color/options that I want, so it looks like I'll be ordering one.

That said, my question is what kind of deal have you guys that are waiting for your 09 been able to get? Did the price increase for an 09 vs a new 08?

Another poster here was able to get a loaded 08 DCT at invoice this past weekend. A co-worker got a sedan with MT for $500 over invoice from the same dealer. But, both of these were sitting on the lot.

I think that I'd pull the trigger very soon if I thought that I could get one around $1000 over invoice, but I've waited a long time for my M3 and could wait longer, if I had to, to get a good deal.

I haven't started talking price with my CA, but I want to know if I am even in the ballpark before I start negotiating. Are dealers less willing to negotiate on ordered cars? I can see two schools of thought here: dealers are obviously willing to negotiate to get stock off of their lot. On the other hand, by ordering a car, your essentially telling them that "I'll give you $X if you order this car for me". It's a pretty low risk proposition for them.

This will be my first purchase of anything approaching this price range. In fact, it will be my first new car purchase.

Any guidance you guys could give would be much appreciated.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 06:30 PM   #2
gPiplay
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 双门轿

I think you can get 6MT 08 M3's for a few thosand off msrp now ... if you look hard enough
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 07:12 PM   #3
King Tut
NASA SpecE30 Racer
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 Honda S2000 TT3

I e-mailed all the BMW dealers in Florida and ended up being offered $3500 off MSRP on an ordered 09. I had another dealer offer me $3000 as well. I hate haggling so I just didn't do it. I just asked each dealer what their best offer was and told them I will be ordering this week.
2009 BMW M3 Coupe: Sold e92.ridedomain.com
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 09:25 PM   #4
positiveions
Lieutenant General
Lebanon
Rep
Drives: 19 Tacoma, 16 Golf wagon

Garage List
Do it like what King TUT did. Just email bunch of dealers and see their response.
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2008, 10:23 PM   #5
TLud
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '12 Golf R

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juano11 View Post
I haven't started talking price with my CA, but I want to know if I am even in the ballpark before I start negotiating. Are dealers less willing to negotiate on ordered cars? I can see two schools of thought here: dealers are obviously willing to negotiate to get stock off of their lot. On the other hand, by ordering a car, your essentially telling them that "I'll give you $X if you order this car for me". It's a pretty low risk proposition for them.
It would be a low risk proposition for dealers if they didn't have such a limited allocation of M3s. They want to take advantage of the markup and maximize their profits on this more exclusive" car.

Quote:
Originally Posted by eatrach73 View Post
Do it like what King TUT did. Just email bunch of dealers and see their response.
Exactly.
Appreciate 0