BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA

Mporium BMW

04-29-2013, 09:36 PM   #1
Crypty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3

Autocrossers how is MSNE?

I autocross a lot but have only been out to BMWCCA, PCA and SCCA events. I'm in North Jersey. There is also Motorsports Northeast that runs events. Anyone got a little summary of how their events go? Here's my take on the others.

BMWCCA - Most relaxed. Passengers allowed. There is more down time, sometimes in the form of a drive/break/work cycle, where you can manage to eat a sandwich or chill out for a second. The event locations have changed a bunch since they can no longer use the Patriots Park lot in Bridgewater. There was just an event in the PNC Bank Arts center North lot which was good, but a different PNC lot last year was horribly gravely. It's a mixed back with the locations. This is a good event for beginners or to bring friends to if you're looking to get someone into autocross. The passengers allowed thing is very fun. Cars are 60% BMWs. The courses are generally slower and more technical.

SCCA - The most competitive. Cars run the gamut and there are more/stricter classes. Passengers are not allowed. Work shifts can be really long with how many people drive. There's not much time to scarf down food. The parking lot at metlife stadium is simply the best. I've never seen such a large smooth expanse of pavement. You can hit ~70mph on the courses they set up. They have timing truck that broadcasts over the radio and the web which is very cool. They run a really tight and hooked up event.

PCA - Same location as the SCCA but less "hooked up". The events are for the most part the same as the SCCA except more Porsches. There are less drivers than the SCCA on average which is nice.
Appreciate 0