BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Professional Motorsport Racing Discussion (IMSA, DTM, Formula 1, Grand-AM, Le Mans, IRL, WRC, etc..)

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-02-2010, 10:40 AM   #67
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: A BBS WHORE

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar929 View Post
haha, i enjoyed their take on the situation

exactly, nothing new here but man, was pretty scary regardless
poor captain slow...kept rubbing on....but yah....the 458 is awesome....
but i bet in a year or two...ferrari is going to make a 458 Scuderia....light weight version like the 430 scuderia.....

"all ferrari owners should not go out and smash their cars and kill themselves..." LOL~

there's a reason i dun like schumi....
      08-03-2010, 09:17 AM   #68
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Warwick: I wanted Schumi black flagged

http://planet-f1.com/news/3213/62926...Black-Flagged-

Quote:
Former Formula One driver Derek Warwick, a steward at the Hungarian Grand Prix, has revealed he wanted to disqualify Michael Schumacher from the race.

Warwick believes showing the German the black flag would have sent a better message to young drivers that such behaviour would not be tolerated.

The Mercedes veteran received a 10-place grid penalty for the next round of the championship in Belgium for the dangerous move which saw him almost edge Williams' Rubens Barrichello into the pit wall at 180mph during the closing stages of Sunday's race.

After initially defending his move, Schumacher on Monday issued an apology to Barrichello, who partnered him at Ferrari from 2000 to 2005.

Warwick, who competed in 162 grands prix for the likes of Toleman, Renault, Arrows and Brabham, was on the stewards panel in Budapest as part of the FIA's decision to introduce former drivers to adjudicate on incidents during races this season, and the 55-year-old would have liked to have taken a stronger course of action.

He told BBC's Five Live Breakfast: "I believe we had three laps to disqualify him from Budapest, and throwing a black flag would have shown a better example to our young drivers that we will not tolerate that kind of driving.

"But by the time we got the video evidence we ran out of time and we had to do it retrospectively.

"We inteviewed Rubens and Michael and it was kind of disappointing how Michael handled it, and we had no option but to give him a 10-place penalty. If we had enough laps (we could have disqualified him) but you have to have video evidence and make sure all four stewards are in agreement."

Although he would have liked to have been able to take stronger action, Warwick reckons the penalty in place for the next race at Spa-Francorchamps still sends the right message.

"You have to view the evidence you have and you could disqualify him from the next grand prix, or two grands prix," he continued. "But we felt a 10-place penalty is a big penalty to carry for Spa. It kind of puts him out of the race at Spa, and hopefully he will learn from that and remember that the new stewards will not tolerate that driving."

After reviewing the incident, Schumacher said on Monday: "I have got to say that the stewards are right with their judgment: the manoeuvre against him was too severe,.

"I obviously wanted to make it difficult for him to overtake me and I also showed him clearly that I did not want to let him past, but obviously I did not want to endanger him with my manoeuvre. If he feels this way, then sorry, that was not my intention."

Following the race Barrichello, who spent six years in Schumacher's shadow at Ferrari, was far from amused, claiming the 41-year-old had resorted to "a go-kart manoeuvre".

Barrichello added: "If he wants to go to heaven - in the event he is going to heaven - I don't want to go before him."

The race was won by Red Bull's Mark Webber, with Schumacher finishing 11th and Barrichello 10th.

The penalty marks the latest disappointment of Schumacher's difficult return to the sport after three years in retirement. The seven-time champion had high hopes of challenging for an eighth crown with Mercedes, but he has been off the pace and failed to match team-mate Nico Rosberg.

Warwick thinks the 41-year-old is already looking towards next season.

He said: "He has been disappointed with the Mercedes and its performance. He is a winner and all he cares about is winning races and winning the world championship. I think his mindset is already looking to 2011 and winning his eighth world championship. This year will become a long season for him.

"I think his legacy is tainted with some of the moves he has had over his career but let's not forget he has won 91 races and seven world titles and he is a great champion, a legend, and is up there with the greatest and we need to give him time.

"He has been three years out of the car and come back alongside Nice Rosberg who has done a great job."
      08-03-2010, 10:24 AM   #69
UltimateBMW
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: MP4

I read that. Thought it was a bit extreme.

While close, it didn't result in an accident. Isn't F1 after all a game of close calls, inches, and tenths of seconds? MSC gets close to having a wreck and they want a Black Flag, but Webber drives his car straight into the back of the car in front of him, and gets no penalty?

I'm fine with the standing penalty. Glad it wasn't a black flag.
      08-04-2010, 08:57 AM   #70
E90SLAM
Supreme Allied Commander
Hong Kong
Rep

Garage List
Now everyone (mostly Schumi's #2 driver in the past) wants a piece of him...

http://planet-f1.com/news/3213/62938...i-was-an-idiot

Quote:
Eddie Irvine is the latest to put the boot into Michael Schumacher following his controversial move on Rubens Barrichello in Hungary, describing him as an "idiot".

Schumacher received a 10-place grid penalty for the Belgian Grand Prix after he "illegitimately impeded" Barrichello during an overtaking manoeuvre in the closing stages of the Hungarian GP.

The German has since apologised, but that doesn't mean the criticism has stopped and former team-mate Irvine says he should've received a one-race ban.

"He was an idiot," Irvine said during an interview on Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast Show. "It was an idiotic manoeuvre that was extremely dangerous. It was incredible. He wasn't thinking and it was just pure arrogance that he thought he could just drive another driver into the pit wall.

"He got punished, but I don't think he got punished enough. He should have got a one-race ban because it was one of the worst manoeuvres I've ever seen."

Schumacher's antics this year have led to speculation that his comeback could only last one season. Irvine, though, thinks he should continue even though he is no longer getting away with things.

"I don't think he should retire," he said. "He's always done stuff like this and has intimidated people for a long time, but he got away with it because he was Michael Schumacher.

"He was 'the' Michael Schumacher, but this Michael Schumacher isn't getting away with it."
Now, that's becoming old news. that's just schumi being schumi....ruthless, reckless champion....we all knows his driving style, knock Damon Hill out in 1994, crash into Villeneuve in 1997 and got him disqualified in WDC....we all know how he drives...

stewards published their penalty and now just get on with it....IMO 10 grid place penalty is somewhat fair enough....probably because he's the 7 time world champ and everything he did was magnified 100x times....
      08-05-2010, 08:53 AM   #71
SonnyJack
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 E92 M3/'18 F83 M4

We're talking Eddie Irvine though. Does anyone really care what he thinks, now or even when he raced? Guy had a chance to bring the championship back to Ferrari before MSC did (remember MSC's broken leg @ Silverstone) but he choked it away even though he had one of the best cars.

Back to obscurity Eddie.
Appreciate 0