BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

BPM

07-09-2008, 01:16 AM   #45
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '07 e92 335, TiAg

Quote:
Originally Posted by OBI_agent View Post
Man, if your in for a property, do it quickly. The prices are rising up all the time. My dad says that it will fall but it doesn't look like it.

If your in for a Villa, look in Arabian ranches. My dad just got a house for Dhs7million over there (Around 13000sq-ft total area). You need contacts, let me know.

About your car choice for your "missus", I thought it should be the other way round. It should be you getting the 650 and she goin in for the LR2. Anyway, why don't you go for a smaller engine in the 6series like the 630. Most of the girls I know never even press the whole accelerator.
And for you bro, test drive the Mazda CX-9. I read great reviews about it on american websites.

About my car choice, I think the M3 is overpriced. As I said before, I think the
Zo6 is a bargain and I think I will go with it. I'm waiting for this colour (Cyber Gray Metallic) to be available along with these rims

Good luck with your car and property bro
I am actually buying some property in London - now's the time since it is slumping and I will get a good price.

Also buying some property in India - can never go wrong there.

The property is overpriced here in Dubai - my big problem is that the developers are assholes - any modifications you want to make must be made with their material and approvals. Also a lot of places look good on the outside but you go inside and the fittings and finishing in some areas are crap.

The missus loves the 6 series and she is into cars as well, she loves to take the 335 out for some fun every now and then. Either way we will share the cars. The reason I am looking into the LR2 is it is pretty luxurious inside and its really good off road. The CX9 is really underpowered and not that great off road.

That is a beautiful colour and rims for the Z06. I would wait for that colour as well. I am not too fond of the current rims on them - they feel cheap.

Saw the GTR on the road today - not the best looking car (I would never get one) but goddamn that Engine sounds beautiful and it sure could move.
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 05:32 AM   #46
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: ABS,American bargain supercar

Quote:
Originally Posted by zetaxi165 View Post
I am actually buying some property in London - now's the time since it is slumping and I will get a good price.

Also buying some property in India - can never go wrong there.

The property is overpriced here in Dubai - my big problem is that the developers are assholes - any modifications you want to make must be made with their material and approvals. Also a lot of places look good on the outside but you go inside and the fittings and finishing in some areas are crap.

The missus loves the 6 series and she is into cars as well, she loves to take the 335 out for some fun every now and then. Either way we will share the cars. The reason I am looking into the LR2 is it is pretty luxurious inside and its really good off road. The CX9 is really underpowered and not that great off road.

That is a beautiful colour and rims for the Z06. I would wait for that colour as well. I am not too fond of the current rims on them - they feel cheap.

Saw the GTR on the road today - not the best looking car (I would never get one) but goddamn that Engine sounds beautiful and it sure could move.
Buying a property in London and India is a very good decision. India is on the rise but London is falling. About the property prices in UAE, +1 on the developers being pricks.

Damn, I wish my 'wife to be' shares the same enthusiasm for automobiles as yours

About Zo6, I totally agree with the current rims looking cheap. I think the basic C6 has better rims then the Zo6.

Finally, I love the GTR and I might be one of the few people who actually agrees with you on the sound of the car. I too think it is a beautiful sounding "Vaccum cleaner"
      07-09-2008, 02:38 PM   #47
BMW-videos.com
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: BMW m5, heavily modded c6 corv

Please, start tracking them. Prove the truth
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 01:51 AM   #48
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Buying a property in London and India is a very good decision. India is on the rise but London is falling. About the property prices in UAE, +1 on the developers being pricks.

Damn, I wish my 'wife to be' shares the same enthusiasm for automobiles as yours

About Zo6, I totally agree with the current rims looking cheap. I think the basic C6 has better rims then the Zo6.

Finally, I love the GTR and I might be one of the few people who actually agrees with you on the sound of the car. I too think it is a beautiful sounding "Vaccum cleaner"

You know what I really hate about the car dealers in Dubai - there is only one dealer per brand - so you have no choice but to pay their price. It is not like in other countries with dealers trying to get your business. 10 years ago I think 1 dealer per brand was ok since there weren't enough people. But now, we need more than 1 dealer per brand. But I guess this is typical Dubai "competition" - The telecom company is a classic example.

Anyway, I am pretty proud of the missus - she has come to love top gear, drives the 335 like she is in a race and she put the salesman to shame when test driving the 650.

I am going car shopping on saturday - what do you think of the avalanche?
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 11:22 AM   #49
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
You know what I really hate about the car dealers in Dubai - there is only one dealer per brand - so you have no choice but to pay their price. It is not like in other countries with dealers trying to get your business. 10 years ago I think 1 dealer per brand was ok since there weren't enough people. But now, we need more than 1 dealer per brand. But I guess this is typical Dubai "competition" - The telecom company is a classic example.

Anyway, I am pretty proud of the missus - she has come to love top gear, drives the 335 like she is in a race and she put the salesman to shame when test driving the 650.

I am going car shopping on saturday - what do you think of the avalanche?
Bro, I agree on the 'one dealer' argument. It's about to change though. I dunno when but, I heard that UAE's government is going to allow other people to be dealers. Anyway, I won't hold my breath on it.

Haha, your missus is cool...she got a younger sis I could go out with (aged around 20)...J/K....Kiddin !

About Chevrolet Avalanche, it looks good on paper but I won't recommend it. I had a bad experience with an americanSUV(Chevrolet Blazer, probably the worse SUV in terms of reliability... backed by facts too)and to service it takes alot of money compared to Japanese cars. In that size category,You could very well go with a Land Cruiser instead of that.
Anyway, I would have recommended Toyota Tundra or Honda Ridgeline but they don't sell it over here. Land Cruiser does it for me. Even a LX570 would be better. Great off road capabilities with reliability.BTW, what happened to LR2?
I wanted to ask an off topic question, would you really like two gass guzzling V8's in your home(650i)??? I know gas prices in UAE aint bad but they ain't good either.
      07-10-2008, 11:26 AM   #50
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW-videos.com View Post
Please, start tracking them. Prove the truth

???? I didnt get your question.
      07-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #51
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Bro, I agree on the 'one dealer' argument. It's about to change though. I dunno when but, I heard that UAE's government is going to allow other people to be dealers. Anyway, I won't hold my breath on it.

Haha, your missus is cool...she got a younger sis I could go out with (aged around 20)...J/K....Kiddin !

About Chevrolet Avalanche, it looks good on paper but I won't recommend it. I had a bad experience with an americanSUV(Chevrolet Blazer, probably the worse SUV in terms of reliability... backed by facts too)and to service it takes alot of money compared to Japanese cars. In that size category,You could very well go with a Land Cruiser instead of that.
Anyway, I would have recommended Toyota Tundra or Honda Ridgeline but they don't sell it over here. Land Cruiser does it for me. Even a LX570 would be better. Great off road capabilities with reliability.BTW, what happened to LR2?
I wanted to ask an off topic question, would you really like two gass guzzling V8's in your home(650i)??? I know gas prices in UAE aint bad but they ain't good either.
Thanks for the tip about the Chevy. I will not be looking at them anymore. I just can't get myself to like a Toyota. I know I know, they are supposed to be great for reliability and all but I just hate the way they look. I still love the LR2. I am just looking at all the options in a similar price range. As for the gas guzzling thing - It doesn't affect me too much and I don't care about whether I pollute or not. If people think the world is going to be saved by driving a less polluting car they are just stupid (heavy industry, population and deforesting are the real reasons).

What are some great driving roads in UAE? I have done Jebel Hafeet a few times and want to try something new.

BTW, stop mucking about and buy the BMW M3 - you know you want one.

p.s: Was at the Nissan dealer today - and the guy told me that I better have some serious connections to get the GTR since they are all booked for the next 12 months.

Last edited by zetaxi165; 11-11-2009 at 09:49 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 05:28 AM   #52
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
Thanks for the tip about the Chevy. I will not be looking at them anymore. I just can't get myself to like a Toyota. I know I know, they are supposed to be great for reliability and all but I just hate the way they look. I still love the LR2. I am just looking at all the options in a similar price range. As for the gas guzzling thing - It doesn't affect me too much and I don't care about whether I pollute or not. If people think the world is going to be saved by driving a less polluting car they are just stupid (heavy industry, population and deforesting are the real reasons).

What are some great driving roads in UAE? I have done Jebel Hafeet a few times and want to try something new.

BTW, stop mucking about and buy the BMW M3 - you know you want one.

p.s: Was at the Nissan dealer today - and the guy told me that I better have some serious connections to get the GTR since they are all booked for the next 12 months.
By 'gas guzzling', I didn't mean that you were polluting the world. What I really meant was that don't you want a more economical car.
About Land cruiser, well.... I dont work for them but do test drive it. It's a good car. Try it. Maybe you can go for the V6 version....it ain't that bad

Lol....bro, if all that is true about your sister in law...I'll pass...Thank you for the offer though...Lol

BTW, I never 'mucked' for an M3 but I did 'Muck' for a Zo6.

Man, I can't help you finding curvy roads.....I know some straight roads if you want for goinf above 250(I assume you already did that too)....!I think Jabal hafeet is the best you can get.

Lol on the GTR.....even if I was able to afford it, I would have regretted paying over 400k for it.At that price, I would rather have a 997 turbo.

Last edited by OBI_agent; 07-11-2008 at 05:34 AM.. Reason: I erased a paragraph based on the good things you said about your sis in law...;).....She could be lurkin over here!..
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 07:09 AM   #53
zetaxi165
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
By 'gas guzzling', I didn't mean that you were polluting the world. What I really meant was that don't you want a more economical car.
About Land cruiser, well.... I dont work for them but do test drive it. It's a good car. Try it. Maybe you can go for the V6 version....it ain't that bad

Lol....bro, if all that is true about your sister in law...I'll pass...Thank you for the offer though...Lol

BTW, I never 'mucked' for an M3 but I did 'Muck' for a Zo6.

Man, I can't help you finding curvy roads.....I know some straight roads if you want for goinf above 250(I assume you already did that too)....!I think Jabal hafeet is the best you can get.

Lol on the GTR.....even if I was able to afford it, I would have regretted paying over 400k for it.At that price, I would rather have a 997 turbo.
What I mean't by mucking about, is stop waiting and just go for the M3. I test drove one the other day and man oh man, it is a truly amazing machine. So so sharp.

I am tired of driving in a straight line, man. I need some curves to throw this car around before I sell it.

Just ran into a guy with an R8. We went at it. I was surprised how closely I was hanging onto that car. Cool abu dhabi local guy. Pulled over at a gas station and had a coffee and chatted about cars - he said he was a bit disappointed with the R8 and was going to switch to a 911 Turbo.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 09:25 AM   #54
ZJP
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: F10 535xi / B6 S4

They fucked up by not offering a true 6MT.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 06:36 PM   #55
OBI_agent
D to the X to the B!
United Arab Emirates
Rep

Quote:
What I mean't by mucking about, is stop waiting and just go for the M3. I test drove one the other day and man oh man, it is a truly amazing machine. So so sharp.

I am tired of driving in a straight line, man. I need some curves to throw this car around before I sell it.

Just ran into a guy with an R8. We went at it. I was surprised how closely I was hanging onto that car. Cool abu dhabi local guy. Pulled over at a gas station and had a coffee and chatted about cars - he said he was a bit disappointed with the R8 and was going to switch to a 911 Turbo.
Haha...I know..But I like torque ,specially at the low end and frankly, I don't think M3 has any compared to the almighty Zo6. I dont care about the cheap interior in the vette....its good enough for me

If you want some curves to drive at, you can come to my area (Deira). They have totally messed it up near Ghurair, Reef Mall, Nasr Square,Etc.....Its all due to the railway lines being build over here. Anyway, I was kiddin... I wouldn't want you to hit any of the Jay walkers crossing the road........and some of them are drunk too!

Damn, you ran into an R8?! Wow....that car is beautiful...and I totally believe you staying with him...335i is no joke even in stock! Hmmm....some local guys are really friendly over here....And some are just pure A-holes.
I agree with that local guy for thinking R8 is underpowered. He would definitely love the upcoming 998 turbo with PDK(Double clutch transmission). I hope you suggested that to him. But he's gotto wait a long time though.

Good luck findin a "SAFE" curvy road over here .

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tranzporter View Post
They f**ked up by not offering a true 6MT.
+1....I think every GTR fan would agree with you!