BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

08-25-2022, 03:05 PM   #1
Kmd87
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m sport

Loss of Air/Engine management light

Can anyone advise as to wether this would sort my issue out please.

BMW M Sport 320d 2010.

Car has been in on n off limp mode with engine management light on , had dpf out and cleaned by a garage, no luck, engine management light still on.

BMW have said the intercooler charge air pipe needs replacing and the radiator fan. Found both parts online, ordered and waiting for them to be put on.

Would both of those issues cause the engine management light to come on? When I move the charge air pipe further into place the light does go off for a few minutes.
The faults coming up were a P115C and loss or air pressure fault and electrical fan.

If replacing the pipe and fan don’t stop the limp mode/engine light, what will I look for next? Engine breather pipe?

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2022, 08:47 AM   #2
John Simon
Rep
Drives: BMW E60 M5

Maybe there is some vacuum issue, or there might be air leaking somewhere from intercooler piping or intercooler it self. Also it doesn't sounds right that changing radiator fan will solve this problem. Do let me know if the issue is fixed or not. and what was the main cause.
Appreciate 0
      08-28-2022, 05:45 AM   #3
Kmd87
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw m sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Simon View Post
Maybe there is some vacuum issue, or there might be air leaking somewhere from intercooler piping or intercooler it self. Also it doesn't sounds right that changing radiator fan will solve this problem. Do let me know if the issue is fixed or not. and what was the main cause.
I have had a smoke test done but no joy showing anything escaping. BMW said if charge pipe and fan don’t sort it out then possibly the intercooler needs replacing n the engine breather pipe.

Only faults showing were loss of air which the codes would clear but the electrical fan code would not clear.

Roll on Thursday.
Appreciate 0