BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

Mporium BMW

08-20-2022, 08:13 PM   #1
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 MW e92 M3 ZCP

Meisterschaft GT Primary Cat Delete

Anyone running this exhaust with test pipes or a resonated HFC x pipe? Want something louder than my Corsa with evolve x pipe but not obnoxious.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 09:27 AM   #2
jra85
M3NTAL
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3 ZCP

This video has a good variety of sound clips of a GT with test pipes:

There's a comparison with and without stock cats at the very end too, though I don't think the other car has a GT muffler.

With the test pipes, to me it sounds like a cat-back GT2, but maybe slightly more refined.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 09:45 AM   #3
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jra85 View Post
This video has a good variety of sound clips of a GT with test pipes:

There's a comparison with and without stock cats at the very end too, though I don't think the other car has a GT muffler.

With the test pipes, to me it sounds like a cat-back GT2, but maybe slightly more refined.
Yes I did see these video and it's actually what sold me on the exhaust setup. Sounds perfectly loud and deep which is what i'm going for.

Really wanted to get this forums opinion on real world experience if anyone else ran this setup. A gt2 with test pipes is absurdly loud and does drone from what I've gathered. I figured the GT would be a good balance with test pipes.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 12:19 PM   #4
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '13 MW E92 M3

I had a MSGT paired with a RKP Sport X pipe and it was extremely loud. I couldn't imagine it with GT2. For reference I had the same X pipe with an E race and it sounded just about perfect volume.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 12:36 PM   #5
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by UBERV8 View Post
I had a MSGT paired with a RKP Sport X pipe and it was extremely loud. I couldn't imagine it with GT2. For reference I had the same X pipe with an E race and it sounded just about perfect volume.
Any drone with either of those setups?
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 06:04 PM   #6
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjsiciliano View Post
Quote:
If driven with a DCT in normal mode yes a little, but M mode when you can rev it out a bit over 3k RPM gear shifts not really any drone.

However, you already have one of the main drone free exhausts, with the other being MPE, Dinan and Akra. I'd say you have to expect more "hum" than your Corsa.

I like to chase the character if the tone first and volume second.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 07:16 PM   #7
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
If driven with a DCT in normal mode yes a little, but M mode when you can rev it out a bit over 3k RPM gear shifts not really any drone.

However, you already have one of the main drone free exhausts, with the other being MPE, Dinan and Akra. I'd say you have to expect more "hum" than your Corsa.

Thanks this not my daily driver so I'm not afraid of a little hum. The corsa is a great exhaust but sometimes it leaves a little to be desired in volume.

I did have one of those Chinese valvetronic setups before and that not only sounded terrible (rasp city in low rpm shifts) it had no character just noise. It was also catless so that may have contributed.

Either way I think I'm settled on the MGT.
Appreciate 0
      08-21-2022, 08:56 PM   #8
UBERV8
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:

Thanks this not my daily driver so I'm not afraid of a little hum. The corsa is a great exhaust but sometimes it leaves a little to be desired in volume.

I did have one of those Chinese valvetronic setups before and that not only sounded terrible (rasp city in low rpm shifts) it had no character just noise. It was also catless so that may have contributed.

Either way I think I'm settled on the MGT.
I think you'll enjoy it a lot. One thing is the GT can be loud but also carries a beautiful, exotic note. It was too loud for me but more than likely just right for others.

We need video after you get it!
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 05:39 AM   #9
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Not sure if youre talking about an s-gt or GT2 but I ran the gt2 with the borla xpipe with 4 resonators and its way too loud, IMO that is.

https://youtube.com/shorts/3hQ5dxnohPk

https://youtube.com/shorts/Rq8pkcya8SE

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2022, 07:26 AM   #10
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Not sure if youre talking about an s-gt or GT2 but I ran the gt2 with the borla xpipe with 4 resonators and its way too loud, IMO that is.

https://youtube.com/shorts/3hQ5dxnohPk

https://youtube.com/shorts/Rq8pkcya8SE
Just a regular GT. The GT2 is just way too much even if not a DD. Plus I'll still be running secondary cats which cuts the noise even more so.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 08:28 AM   #11
WarrenBluffett73
Private
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW M3

I have a regular MSGT axle back, with stock everything else. I have been thinking of leaving the primary cats, but cutting the resonators out of the stock x-pipe for more volume. I just don’t want to deal with a CEL from test pipes and also fear that might be too loud.

Has anyone done MSGT with secondary cat deletes? I found on youtube video but it was a guy with a phone out the window filming someone else lol.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 09:26 AM   #12
rjsiciliano
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenBluffett73 View Post
I have a regular MSGT axle back, with stock everything else. I have been thinking of leaving the primary cats, but cutting the resonators out of the stock x-pipe for more volume. I just don’t want to deal with a CEL from test pipes and also fear that might be too loud.

Has anyone done MSGT with secondary cat deletes? I found on youtube video but it was a guy with a phone out the window filming someone else lol.
Removing resonators is not going to change the volume much. All it will do is introduce more rasp.

I think a secondary cat delete will add a little volume but still keep it sane.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 02:04 PM   #13
WarrenBluffett73
Private
Rep

Quote:
Removing resonators is not going to change the volume much. All it will do is introduce more rasp.

I think a secondary cat delete will add a little volume but still keep it sane.
Thats what im referring to sorry, the secondary cats. I believe those are the pieces on the back end of the X-pipe if im not mistaken. I always saw them referred to as either secondary cats or resonators, either or. Is that not correct?
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2022, 02:07 PM   #14
WarrenBluffett73
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarrenBluffett73 View Post
Thats what im referring to sorry, the secondary cats. I believe those are the pieces on the back end of the X-pipe if im not mistaken. I always saw them referred to as either secondary cats or resonators, either or. Is that not correct?
I realize now there is a difference, my bad. Sorry for throwing the thread off. And for any newbies like me, the stock x-pipe has secondary cats up-stream in addition to resonators downstream. Please ignore me and continue lol.
Appreciate 0