BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

08-23-2022, 05:34 AM   #23
amrazM
mTekMods
United_States
Rep
Drives: like a granny.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scharbag View Post
Yup.

I left my coil covers off cause I do not want to eff around. Passenger side rear plug is a PITA but totally doable with a number of extensions. And a long flat blade screwdriver.

you gotta just not seat the extension into the socket on the passenger side and it makes life alot easier on that back cylinder. drop the socket into the bore, drop the extension in then put your socket onto the extension and crack the plug loose without fully seating the socket.

G-Power Supercharged
First DCT to Manual Conversion Worldwide
KW CS, BBS RI-A, BW Headers, Snow 2.5
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 08:46 AM   #24
Scharbag
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by amrazM View Post
Quote:
Yup.

I left my coil covers off cause I do not want to eff around. Passenger side rear plug is a PITA but totally doable with a number of extensions. And a long flat blade screwdriver.

you gotta just not seat the extension into the socket on the passenger side and it makes life alot easier on that back cylinder. drop the socket into the bore, drop the extension in then put your socket onto the extension and crack the plug loose without fully seating the socket.
Forgot to mention that the attached is a huge time saver. I do the same with this - drop in down the hole and then attach the extension. Works perfectly. And it has a magnet built in so the plug always comes out with it. Every S65 owner should have this!!
Attached Images

2011 E92 M3 - 6MT, ZCP, ZF LSD, ESS G1, Some other goodies...
Appreciate 0
      08-23-2022, 11:08 AM   #25
Vuu
Astronaut
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Forgot to mention that the attached is a huge time saver. I do the same with this - drop in down the hole and then attach the extension. Works perfectly. And it has a magnet built in so the plug always comes out with it. Every S65 owner should have this!!
Absolutely. I also don't know how anyone is doing a plug job without it. This is the go to for spark plug jobs.

Also, wobble extensions are great.