BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - California

BPM

10-20-2009, 11:56 PM   #89
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 12:55 AM   #90
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
Why do you have a link to a Plasma TV advert??

Anyway, sticky has taken one of the M3 spot (yes, he kicks a** in drag racing). A supercharged or stroker M3 has to get on there quick to take the second spot.
My bad. It's fixed now.
I'm not talking drag racing, I'm talking track driving.

And that Plasma is the best TV available now.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 01:35 AM   #91
SoCalM3Mang
"Makin It Happen-West Coast Style"
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Jerez Black 6SPD

Quote:
Originally Posted by PencilGeek View Post
Here's the latest info from the event sponsors. The Wheel-to-wheel race was deemed too dangerous and has been replaced with a timed slalom.
I actually raised this question with the Exec producers and they have agreed that a there is too much risk involved with a W2W race. As such we are deciding on a safer third criterion. Within many forums the initial post has been altered to reflect this change. Those forums that have picked up and reposted will probably not reflect the change.

For several reasons, the event is not open to the public. Competitors will be able to bring one guest.

The show will be shot entirely at Irwindale Speedway, with a circuit custom designed for the show.
Damn...since Irwindale Speedway is like 11 miles from my crib, I should at least go out and represent. But my car is "HEAVY"!

I gotta admit, the "W2W" concept all through this thread had me LAUGHING OUT LOUD!

I can picture the carnage.
08 BMW E93 6MT Jerez Black|HAMANN-ed|Lots of Carbon Fiber|Eibach E-93 Sprgs|Advan RS-D's 19x9+22/19x10+20|AA-SSK-Pulley|RPI Scoops-Red|RPI Axle Back Exhaust- Blacked Out Tips|Hamann Rep CF Lip-Diffuser-Trunk Spoiler||Hamaan Badging
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 01:41 AM   #92
Jonmartin
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by aus View Post
My bad. It's fixed now.
I'm not talking drag racing, I'm talking track driving.

Actually the Kuro Elite is the best... But thats the lil brother.
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 05:27 AM   #93
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Disagree. 101FD or 141FD.

But the 600M is a close second, and for the price you cannot beat it!

Something tells me Sticky got on there because his car only has bolt ons and he's not a pro. I think they might veto the people/cars in this thread...
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 09:22 AM   #94
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 330 CI ZHP

It is all Star Trek language to me. I have a Sony Bravia 46 inches with BE2 engine and 1080p 60 Hz full hi-def. A very different lingo here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Something tells me Sticky got on there because his car only has bolt ons and he's not a pro. I think they might veto the people/cars in this thread...

- Lamborghini on turbocharging
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 09:25 AM   #95
JC919
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: CSL

Quote:
Originally Posted by KINGLEH View Post
If I can get a confirmed date.. I can prob make it...

Also if its just 1/8th the launch manage of power will be more important then the top end.. Your car should be able to run a 7.5 if the track is prepped well... I did a 7.8 in my car with a filter and muffler... A 7.5 might not win but it will be fairly close....
I'll be looking forward to this show then!
2002 M5, SSII/Blk and bone stock. In storage back home in TX
2008 M3, AW/Blk 6MT, lots of track stuff SOLD
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 10:18 AM   #96
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mkoesel View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jonmartin View Post
Actually the Kuro Elite is the best... But thats the lil brother.
Good alternatives and to a degree you guys are right in that the Elite models have ISF tuning capability. I'm pretty sure those unit's were based on the 9th gen panels and that Pioneer only made 5000 10th gen panels and put them in the 500M.

The 500M is the only set I'm aware of with the 10th gen panel that was going to go into the "new" Elites, but they dropped out of the TV business before that happened. There is a hack that will allow the ISF tuning for the 500M since it's available in the European units. They didn't allow it here from the factory since they were still selling the Elite's here.

Now back on topic: Anyone here get a car in? It looks like the KING is available.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 12:27 PM   #97
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Discussion of TVs - a great topic for one of the off topic sections. Seriously, I would like to read up on that.
| XPEL Full Front Wrap | Hardwired V1 | Interior Xenon Light Kit |
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2009, 03:21 PM   #98
M3V8Driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 - DCT

Can we get a rundown of the two cars and drivers for the event? I need to know if I should book a plane ticket. I'm assuming only four entrants from this forum are allowed (2 M3s and 2 M5s?), and that thre are two events; 1) drag race, 2) timed track laps. Only confirmed entrants should be listed below.

Car #1:
Description:
Driver(s):

Car #2:
Description:
Driver(s):

http://www.6speedonline.com/forums/b...our-m5-m3.html

Thanks!
      10-25-2009, 09:39 PM   #99
Hans Delbruck
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: C63, 135i, Evo FE, GLE63

Irwindale is an Oval, unless they are doing half the oval and an infield autocross.

Good idea for a show but it sounds like the producers aren't really car people or racing enthusiasts. The results won't prove anything except which forum persona is most entertaining "in real life."
      10-26-2009, 06:25 PM   #100
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

This really isn't going to help with the whole 'M3 driver's are douchebags' stereotype.

Quote:

Sticky HAS A SPOT!!! I hope he can drive a track.

[url]
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 08:22 PM   #101
Elmerz Glu
Banned
Rep
Drives: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nd54 View Post
This really isn't going to help with the whole 'M3 driver's are douchebags' stereotype.
Why is that? Is that the purpose of the competition?
Appreciate 0
      10-26-2009, 11:20 PM   #102
nd54
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: RDSport RS 46

^ No it's not, but only two M's can participate, and unfortunately one is going to be driven by an immature ass who clearly has issues since he's been kicked off of every forum, except for 6speed I guess.

Last edited by nd54; 10-26-2009 at 11:46 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 01:09 AM   #103
Elmerz Glu
Banned
Rep

Quote:
^ No it's not, but only two M's can participate, and unfortunately one is going to be driven by an immature ass who clearly has issues since he's been kicked off of every forum, except for 6speed I guess.
Wait, you are calling Sticky a dbag?

Isn't this the same Sticky that tried to buy your stock exhaust? This same Sticky that you were so nice to when he was giving you money and treated you with nothing but respect while trying to complete the transaction? And you kept him hanging for over 3 months without even bothering to follow up? And you never even had the decency to call RDsport and tell them Sticky was trying to buy your exhaust so essentially they would give him the run around and never deliver the part? And now you talk behind his back? Sounds like that would qualify you as a D-bag, not him.

I would be angry too if I spent 22k on a stroker and only had 20 more HP at the wheels than a guy with bolt-on's who repeatedly goes out there and puts up the best numbers for the M3 community and is the most vociferous M3 advocate, that is your issue.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 01:39 AM   #104
Elmerz Glu
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Frankly I don't care about $200, it's not like he's doing me some massive favour. I didn't like Sticky's attitude, and frankly decided it wasn't worth my time to take the matter further. I'd rather give the midpipe away for free to someone else (If you're in the LA area send me a PM I'll happily set something up when I get back there later on this week). Wait, I don't know why I keep referring to Sticky as a third party; hopefully your account gets banned as well.
Who cares how much money it is? It is the principle of having a business transaction with someone and having the decency to let them know what is going on and not keep them hanging indefinitely. A shame you don't have class.

You are free to dislike whomever you please, fact is Sticky never did not call or PM someone back or not deliver a part because he "felt like it." Say whatever you want, honor and principle still matter to certain people as well as having respect for someone else's time.

Hopefully you grow up, the immaturity would appear to be on your side.
Appreciate 0
      10-27-2009, 09:21 AM   #105
endofanera7
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 08 JB E92 M3

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elmerz Glu View Post
Wait, you are calling Sticky a dbag?

Isn't this the same Sticky that tried to buy your stock exhaust? This same Sticky that you were so nice to when he was giving you money and treated you with nothing but respect while trying to complete the transaction? And you kept him hanging for over 3 months without even bothering to follow up? And you never even had the decency to call RDsport and tell them Sticky was trying to buy your exhaust so essentially they would give him the run around and never deliver the part? And now you talk behind his back? Sounds like that would qualify you as a D-bag, not him.

I would be angry too if I spent 22k on a stroker and only had 20 more HP at the wheels than a guy with bolt-on's who repeatedly goes out there and puts up the best numbers for the M3 community and is the most vociferous M3 advocate, that is your issue.
It's good to hear from both sides of the story.
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 04:05 PM   #106
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

PG, let us know if you get in!!
Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 04:21 PM   #107
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

That's bada**!! Is it going to be your's???

Quote:
I believe only one car from each class is going to "represent." If Sticky's car was chosen, then he's the M3 representation.

I will give a teaser that we're VERY close to getting the stroker in the competition. It looks like it may run up against a modified C63.

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 05:17 PM   #108
330CIZHP
Major
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Probably not mine. We're thinking 'KonigsTiger' stroker -- because it has been broken in, been lightened by 200 pounds, springs, and has a new sway bar kit.
That is even more bada**!!!

I hope this will turn out the way GM's open challenge to beat Cadillac CTS-V blew up in their face where a 21 year old kid with some track driving experience whooped Bob Lutz's a** in a stock E90 M3 (and all the other cars like RS4 etc.).

Appreciate 0
      10-29-2009, 06:22 PM   #109
FStop7
I like cars
Vatican City State
Rep
Drives: M6

Dang nd54 just got torched
      10-29-2009, 06:44 PM   #110
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
That is even more bada**!!!

I hope this will turn out the way GM's open challenge to beat Cadillac CTS-V blew up in their face where a 21 year old kid with some track driving experience whooped Bob Lutz's a** in a stock E90 M3 (and all the other cars like RS4 etc.).
You have a link or vid? I'd love to read/see more about this.
Appreciate 0