BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

European Auto Source (EAS)

11-04-2009, 08:55 PM   #155
immiketoo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Smoothly

It's a perfect excuse to run a wing. You know you want one anyway. Now that its factory, you can act like you are in the know

Quote:
Originally Posted by double eagle View Post
Thickness feels good to me and my hands aren't that big.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:09 PM   #156
V1.47fan
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: TheArtist formerly known as M3

I like it,it makes me wanna work even harder so I can afford one.
And no turbo's
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:13 PM   #157
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by shift@red View Post
GT3 RS weighs 2960 lbs with 450 hp and 8800 rpm redline from a 3.8 liter flat 6. It also has options for lightweight batter (minus another 22 lbs), lightweight headlights, etc.
This m3 is 1490 kgs, or 1490 X 2.2 = 3278. That is 318 LBS more than a GT3 RS without the additional weight saving options of a GT3.
this is a gt3 competitor as stated by bmw. not gt3 rs.

It will be funny if this is faster than the gt3 around the ring even with 300lbs extra weight. LOL let's wait and see.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:16 PM   #158
graider
Colonel
Rep
Drives: py/kiwi e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Garissimo View Post
Than the GT3 RS, which has no sound insulation. If you want an absolutely raw experience, that, or a Viper ACR are clearly the ticket. But to dismiss this car based on paper specs and declare it no match for a regular GT3 is incredibly premature. Porsche states the GT3 will do 7:40. Sport Auto tested a regular GT3 got exactly that. BMW states this car will also do 7:40. It should be a pretty close match.
+1. the porsche man jumped right into the gt3 rs vs m3 gts cause he knows the gt3 aint lap the ring in 7:33
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:37 PM   #159
Xelloss
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 M3

Pure Joy!

Thank You Bmw M!!!

"I feel the need...

...the need for speed!"
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #160
bayerischeperformance
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e46 m3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koroush View Post
NOT WORTH $180,000!

You can wait and buy the M1 when it comes out (which is going to kick ass) instead!
how much does an e92 m3 in germany cost with 19% vat? you cant just convert to dollars and assume thats the price

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
The more I think of this car, the more I feel the M engineers looked up this forum and came up with a fucntional, yet very crude design

1) Front spoiler - Too many out there to name, but I assume BMW's is CFD and/or wind tunnel tested.-- thats not a "front spoiler" its a racer splitter that actually does something and doesnt look cool.
2) Rear deck wing - watrob did it in 2008 and got flamed--did he put it on to look cool?
3) BBK - Brembo, StopTech, AP, you name it-- really after all the bitching about no shiney pretty calipers that usually dont help that much in the first place now BMW uses them and you want to say an off the shelf stoptech kit is the same quality.
4) Lighter wheels - I won't even start to name the suppliers--do you know who originally came up with that wheel design?
5) Adjustable coilover - KW, Moton...--any kw's on a street e9x have the same valving as they did on an e36 and e46. If you put motons on a street car you have way too much money to burn. the sachs susp bmw is using on this car has most likely been developed in conjunction with the Rahal team and #92 ALMS car. If you didnt know Sachs makes some amazing motorsport suspension systems.
6) Stroker engine - Dinan, RDSport...how long did RDSport put there engine on an engine dyno for and run the hell out of it?
7) Stripped interior - PG did it more than a year ago--good for him. BMW changed the center console, made a new carpet for the stripped back seat, made new door panels for the cage to fit thru among other things. Anybody can strip a car
8) Bucket seats - PG, Europeanautosource, many more...
9) TI exhaust - Ericsson, Akr...

The GTS is a good attempt at a track-focused road-legal M3, but it's really not quite as revolutionary as the E46 CSL. Think of the FIRST mass production carbon fiber roof, the CF bumper, plastic trunk, cardboard trunk floor... Those concepts did not exisit with the regular E46 M3. But the majority of GTS's modificaitons are available aftermarket RIGHT NOW... and only 450 hp?! come on! Most members here with a different exhaust and a software tune can reach that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by slammedm3 View Post
So fucken true, its crazy!
The more I look at it, the less I like it! It looks too high and narrow, perhaps its bad photography in those pics because I have seen MANY E9x M3s modified by M3post users that look much, much better!

+1

All I would want is the engine and the brakes. That rear spoiler is hideous.

Remember when Watrob installed a similiar spoiler to his E93 M3. Everyone ripped him apart, this spoiler may be worse!
like the engine and brakes make a difference a vert anyway

he did put a spoiler on a vert? how contradictory can you get? i mean really
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:38 PM   #161
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Where are the people who said there was no way this car was a factory BMW, when it was caught testing on the ring?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312477
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:43 PM   #162
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rldzhao View Post
The more I think of this car, the more I feel the M engineers looked up this forum and came up with a fucntional, yet very crude design

2) Rear deck wing - watrob did it in 2008 and got flamed
That guy put a non-functional DTM wing on a Convertible M3 and the car has 360 Boat Anker wheels.

Big difference with a lightweight coupe M3 with a fully adjustable wing, doing flying laps around the ring.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 09:55 PM   #163
Bimmer Nerd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 6MT F80

Quote:
Originally Posted by 330CIZHP View Post
+2

Well said. The 4.4 Liter V8 will be much less peakier than the 4.0 Liter S65 and it will also not compromise on top end power since the redline is still the same 8400 rpm. That only means one thing, which is more torque across the rev range and a higher overall peak torque. That means much better daily drivability and a much stronger top end. It will also be more responsive to mods and I can bet getting 515 - 520 HP from it will be possible through bolt-ons and tune alone.

Funny how everyone used to b*tch about BMW not making true lightweight track cars. Now that BMW has done it and they did everything right, everyone still found something to complain about.

So many people are saying "too expensive". How do you know the price?? We don't even know if this is going to be imported into Canada and US. For all we know, it will cost 117,000 Euros in germany, which includes a huge a** 19% tax. Cars are very expensive in Australia and Europe. A regular M3 costs around $80,000 euros in Germany. There is no way you can conclude the price in North America by looking at the prices in Europe since the prices are determined independently.

I am willing to bet anything, it will be priced around the same as a GT-R and Z06 of around $90,000 - 100,000 in US. That is still very competitive for the type of performance it offers considering it is supposed to compete with GT3 RS.

well said

and to all that want the e90 version:

Human demand is unlimited, the resources are LIMITED.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 10:34 PM   #164
datbimmerdoe
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: like I'M BOUT THAT LIFE

Amazing!

FOLLOW @datbimmerdoe on INSTAGRAM
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 10:46 PM   #165
WILLIE92
H20 KING!!
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 328I

TEAR.............sigh.........beauty!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 10:56 PM   #166
domobrown
Banned
Austria
Rep
Drives: Audi RS5 S-Tronic

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
That guy put a non-functional DTM wing on a Convertible M3 and the car has 360 Boat Anker wheels.

Big difference with a lightweight coupe M3 with a fully adjustable wing, doing flying laps around the ring.
O rly? I don't care what you guys say, but even if a wing is functional on a track car, you guys still flame it. For example, this Alpine white M3 in Japan with white Volk Te37s and a rear wing. Everyone was so quick to call it rice, yet when BMW releases such "rice" it is widely accepted. I am all about functional, but it seems like most of you guys are on a bandwagon.
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #167
Mooreski
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: LMB '09 E90 M3

Holy crap.... proper cup holder!!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:49 PM   #168
SlammedR8
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2019 X5 40i/2020 R8 V10 Spyder

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3_WC View Post
Where are the people who said there was no way this car was a factory BMW, when it was caught testing on the ring?

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=312477
i was thinking the same thing, well I guess its safe to say that here it is in AW

2020 Audi R8 V10 Performance Spyder 6MT - Ascari Blue/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2009, 11:50 PM   #169
italy430
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: E46 2000 328i

Quote:
Originally Posted by gthirtyfizle View Post
Hmmmmmmm..... No matter how many times we look at it or try to justify ourselves, there will prob be nothing on this car that can compete with the GT3RS in any which way possible. Trust me, I would love it to, but I doubt it. And the spoiler does look much better on the porsche. Its the lines of the m that dont go right with it... The car is however gorgeous. But useless unless ur a track junkie
the M3 GTS is useless unless ur a track junkie?..... and what is the GT3 RS for then?! it's the same thing, a hardcore model (M3) that has been further stripped to create a even harder-core (ya i made that up!) track version complete with roll cage and fire extinguisher, etc. (M3 GTS). they're both made for the same thing!!!!

btw the engineers designed this car to be able to drive to the track, race it and then drive home at the end of the day. read the press releases. i would gladly have this car as a daily driver and "occasionally" track it. occasionally because i'd rather not f*ck it up! however, if i had a second car like an M5, then I'd daily the M5 and track the M3 GTS. just my preference.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 12:14 AM   #170
rzm3
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by domobrown View Post
O rly? I don't care what you guys say, but even if a wing is functional on a track car, you guys still flame it. For example, this Alpine white M3 in Japan with white Volk Te37s and a rear wing. Everyone was so quick to call it rice, yet when BMW releases such "rice" it is widely accepted. I am all about functional, but it seems like most of you guys are on a bandwagon.
lol thanks for bringing that up. that car got flamed sooooo badly

Quote:
i hope this is a joke

What is that supposed to fly? You know you need a pilot's license to fly right?

very nice wing, functional indeed.
...but please dont drive that on the street.

I feel sorry for your car

There is no way you put this on your M3, Say it's not so, just say it's not so. Mother of Mercy. Dude what have you done The poor M3 will never ever be the same again there is only one thing left to do now
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 12:25 AM   #171
duk
///M
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW/FR 6MT E92

M Division gives hardcore M3ers what they wanted and ppl complain. You guys are rediculous, the car wasn't meant for you anyways! haha

I won't get one if I could but I can at least appreciate M Division going hardcore AGAIN.
      11-05-2009, 12:32 AM   #172
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by domobrown View Post
You do know what convertible M3 people are referring to, right? The AW M3 you are referring to, had a Voltex wing and many many other track mods. It was obviously a track car. There is a difference with putting a worthless wing on a convertible M3 vs putting an adjustable Voltex wing on a track modded M3.

The sexiest M3 out there is the E92 M3 GTR. It has a HUGE wing.

Form follows function.

Not a "Wings West" wing on a heavy convertible with huge 20 inch heavy 360 forged wheels. Everything was done for looks only, not good.

* There is difference in hating on the wing because it is useless on his convertible vs. hating because it looks bad. *

For example this epic failure at a wing, it has zero purpose/function.
http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...highlight=wing

If you read this thread, there are plenty of people hating on the GTS wing. Most likely the same people that hate on every wing/spoiler.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 12:57 AM   #173
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep

Motortrend:

"It's always difficult translating prices from Europe to the U.S. Nevertheless, the M3 GTS will sell for 115,000 Euros including a 19% VAT, or the equivalent of about $171,000. A more apt price comparison -- assuming the M3 GTS makes it to the U.S. at all -- would be using the assumption that the car might sell for the same proportion above the regular M3 Coupe as it will in Germany. That would place the M3 GTS' price at about $98,000."
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 01:01 AM   #174
moog55
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by doba_s View Post
this car doesn't look good in orange
+1

if it comes to the us, i would get in frozen grey. not feeling the orange.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 01:11 AM   #175
HBspeed
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 05 M3, 00 Z3MC, Boxster Spyder

Garage List
Now that I know they have put all the R&D into the 4.4 engine, I am just going to wait until they include it in the US model. It doesn't make sense for them to have spent all the time and effort on a road going engine for such low production volume, when it is obvious they would generate thousands of additional M3 sales if it were included as opposed to sticking with the 4.0 until the end of the generation. This is sad news for the 4.0 owners if and when it happens, but makes complete sense BMW would offer the 4.4 to those who would be enticed by a final finale of the naturally aspirated M experience as opposed to a newer/more powerful model such as the RS5 that many such as myself are eagerly awaiting.
Appreciate 0
      11-05-2009, 01:24 AM   #176
JB 007
First Lieutenant
Cyprus
Rep
Drives: Z4MC RRS MINI...

Beautiful..But copy of GT3RS..
Z4MC_Black Sapphire/Imola-_-DMS ECU ll H&S cat-back ll H&R coilovers ll CF Lip ll Lamin-X ll Matte black kidneys ll Afe drop in ll Afe intake elbow ll RPi scoop ll LeatherZ imola shift boot ll ZHP knob...
Appreciate 0