BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

07-28-2011, 01:00 AM   #23
Eugene-TAIWAN
Brigadier General
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Oh and I'm sure it will run just perfectly (sarcasm)

Hey Bro! I have not idea why you say these things of other companies which you have no idea what is going on! I'm driving a built motor Gintani set up and I love my car. I drive it everyday and I track my car as well and it has not given me problems at all!!!!

and and soon like in 3-4 weeks another M3 in Taiwan will have the same set up but on a DCT car.

so I'm going off facts.. not just want people write which can be real or not.

and I think we all don't have a right to hear people and their company like that. Just put yourself if their shoes...

come on dude

If you need a 4.6 engine, why on Earth would you ever go anywhere other than Dinan?
Quote:
Originally Posted by img View Post
I dont know what Gintani stroke there motors to but there are a couple of cars on here that got a rebuilt motor stg3 by Gintani and may be they can say a couple of things here.with that being said,The only company that's been able to make it work so far is ESS. ESS took PencilGeek's RD Sport RS46 stroker, and supercharged it. Then PG took it to the Mojave Mile and Texas Mile and hit 186 MPH with a 6MT and factory street tires.

The best advice I can give you is to do your homework. Ask to see proof and don't take anybody's word for it. If they can't show you independent dyno charts, vBox results, 1/4 mile results, etc., then all the talk is nothing but hot air. One company has already spent 1.5 years trying developing a 4.2L stage-3 supercharged motor, and has yet to show any performance results such as dynos, vBox, 1/4 mile, or mile. ESS is doing a stage-3 motor on DLSJ5's car right now. It should be done in a few weeks. Do your homework and you'll come up with the right answers.
well given advise! its always fair to give us consumers a choice!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosna View Post
Gintani has a pretty bad rep, overall. If I were going for a stroker, I would definitely go for Dinan, which is proven for reliability as well as customer service.
well.... seems to be all from what people write.. don't know if its true or false.

I'm living proof!!!

Past: Gintani stage3 M3, Cayman GTS
present: Porsche 993RWB, 964RS America,996 cupcar, 964 turbo 3.6,Macan Turbo,997GT2,930 turbo,i3, MINI JCW
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 01:18 AM   #24
xccess
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: none

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snig View Post
LOL. He got all defensive.
LOL not at all

Quote:
I dont know what Gintani stroke there motors to but there are a couple of cars on here that got a rebuilt motor stg3 by Gintani and may be they can say a couple of things here.with that being said,The only company that's been able to make it work so far is ESS. ESS took PencilGeek's RD Sport RS46 stroker, and supercharged it. Then PG took it to the Mojave Mile and Texas Mile and hit 186 MPH with a 6MT and factory street tires.

The best advice I can give you is to do your homework. Ask to see proof and don't take anybody's word for it. If they can't show you independent dyno charts, vBox results, 1/4 mile results, etc., then all the talk is nothing but hot air. One company has already spent 1.5 years trying developing a 4.2L stage-3 supercharged motor, and has yet to show any performance results such as dynos, vBox, 1/4 mile, or mile. ESS is doing a stage-3 motor on DLSJ5's car right now. It should be done in a few weeks. Do your homework and you'll come up with the right answers.
Sound like we have similar talk on the Audi side with some of the after market vendor mod

Quote:
BTW,beautiful car and like your wheels.Awesome Dog too.............i think he likes the car too and wants to go for a ride
oh he drove in it all the time, that why I have dogs seat cover for the dogs...

Quote:
Gintani has a pretty bad rep, overall. If I were going for a stroker, I would definitely go for Dinan, which is proven for reliability as well as customer service.
no comments here since I am new to Bimmer mod Vendor

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
because it says you drive "none"
that's why
sorry, did not realized that what it say

Quote:
Oh and I'm sure it will run just perfectly (sarcasm)

If you need a 4.6 engine, why on Earth would you ever go anywhere other than Dinan?
because I want do engine build and super charge it, but sound like it may have tons of problems where I still know nothing about this platform... It took me quite a bit to learn about stuff on my Audi S4, and I fix everything on that car myself..

Quote:
You get what you pay for. Pay-up for quality, reliability and a proven track record (Dinan). Or pay-down for trips back to the shop and propaganda (Gintani).

The OP inquired about a 4.6, not a SC.
both build and SC
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 02:17 AM   #25
turbomma
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Didnt PenciGeek blow his motor when he supercharged his stroker?
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 02:47 AM   #26
DOUT
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3

Supercharging a stroker is a bad idea.
It's been done before and the results weren't as impressive as expected.
If you want to build your motor and run high boost, lower your compression and keep the stock displacement. Or bore your engine and run sleeves.

A 4.6l stroker on the S65 is an alternative to supercharging so you can keep your motor naturally aspirated.

Previous:
2009 335i ZMP
2013 M3 6MT ZCP Space Grey/Fox Red
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 03:52 AM   #27
RayC
Lieutenant
South Korea
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Great pics! Love the dogs!
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 06:43 AM   #28
IMG
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3 Track car,Ess E90 M3 DD

Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomma View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Didn't that motor also blow? There are pics on another site of cracked ring lands. Not saying it is ESS's fault - several people tuned the car before they got ahold of it, but based on what I saw - it did blow.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 08:33 AM   #29
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Did you see the pics I'm referring to and the odd explanation that he provided that did not make sense? I know pg's car was running very strong at one point.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 09:40 AM   #30
wdd1040
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '08 e92 M3

Quote:
I need a supercharger.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:24 AM   #31
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack
Didn't that motor also blow? There are pics on another site of cracked ring lands. Not saying it is ESS's fault - several people tuned the car before they got ahold of it, but based on what I saw - it did blow.
Quote:
Originally Posted by turbomma
Let's put an end to this once and for all. PG's motor did not blow. That story was started by TazaM3 with an axe to grind against PG and then carried to that certain gossip web site because the owner there also has an axe to grind against PG. The video posted above was taken AFTER they said his motor blew and it shows the motor running very healthy. That's why PG is making fun of them in the video for saying he blew his motor.

Anybody who thinks there was a broken ring land should do a google search and discover what a broken ring land is. Here's two resources.
http://www.jcmmachine.com/detonation_preignition.htm
http://www.iwsti.com/forums/2-5-lite...-ohh-noes.html

You will notice from the pictures posted that there are no signs of detonation or anything resembling a broken ring land. That guy's story is that PG hid the pictures and he found them. But that's not true either. PG posted those pictures himself, along with 90+ others nearly 10 months before those un-watermarked copies were stolen from his server. This was all discussed on e46fanatics and independent motor experts went on record with PG's pictures and said they showed no signs of damage, and actually showed that the car was running very healthy and tuned very well until the day it was disassembled.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack
Did you see the pics I'm referring to and the odd explanation that he provided that did not make sense? I know pg's car was running very strong at one point.
That video was taken on June-28-2010 and shows a perfectly running motor. When he left Auto Talent after shooting the video, he took the ECU with him so nobody could drive his car. The motor was disassembled on July-15-2010 -- only two weeks later. When exactly did the motor supposedly blow between June-28 and July-15 when no ECU was in the car? After the gossip site owner started altering PG's posts and changing what he said to make it look like PG admitting he blew his motor, PG quite posting over there because anybody willing to go that far obviously can't be trusted. Did you ever ask PG himself about his motor? He's been totally open about his project on multiple forums and willing to answer anybody's questions. So did you ever ask him personally yourself? He's not exactly hard to find and if you want his email address I can give it to you.

Those are the Cliff's notes version of events. I'm sure if you asked PG what happened, he'll give you a MUCH longer version of the events along with a ton of evidence that you know he has.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:42 AM   #32
niterider
Proove It!
Rep
Drives: Gintani Supercharged

You should just contact Gintani directly and tell them your plans or ideas for your car. That way you can get some FACTS and real input so you can decide.

From the first day I chose the Gintani sc kit people have knocked it, funny thing is I at the time had the most miles on an Sc kit, had tracked more than any other SC kit owner (not the companies) and had not 1 issue. I now have a fully built motor with Gintani stage 3 and like Eugene my car is running great. Very strong and honestly it is stupid fasssst! Ive been daily driving it for about 3 months now.
      07-28-2011, 12:47 PM   #33
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Let's put an end to this once and for all. PG's motor did not blow. That story was started by TazaM3 with an axe to grind against PG and then carried to that certain gossip web site because the owner there also has an axe to grind against PG. The video posted above was taken AFTER they said his motor blew and it shows the motor running very healthy. That's why PG is making fun of them in the video for saying he blew his motor.

Anybody who thinks there was a broken ring land should do a google search and discover what a broken ring land is. Here's two resources.

You will notice from the pictures posted that there are no signs of detonation or anything resembling a broken ring land. That guy's story is that PG hid the pictures and he found them. But that's not true either. PG posted those pictures himself, along with 90+ others nearly 10 months before those un-watermarked copies were stolen from his server. This was all discussed on e46fanatics and independent motor experts went on record with PG's pictures and said they showed no signs of damage, and actually showed that the car was running very healthy and tuned very well until the day it was disassembled.

That video was taken on June-28-2010 and shows a perfectly running motor. When he left Auto Talent after shooting the video, he took the ECU with him so nobody could drive his car. The motor was disassembled on July-15-2010 -- only two weeks later. When exactly did the motor supposedly blow between June-28 and July-15 when no ECU was in the car? After the gossip site owner started altering PG's posts and changing what he said to make it look like PG admitting he blew his motor, PG quite posting over there because anybody willing to go that far obviously can't be trusted. Did you ever ask PG himself about his motor? He's been totally open about his project on multiple forums and willing to answer anybody's questions. So did you ever ask him personally yourself? He's not exactly hard to find and if you want his email address I can give it to you.

Those are the Cliff's notes version of events. I'm sure if you asked PG what happened, he'll give you a MUCH longer version of the events along with a ton of evidence that you know he has.
Thanks for the information. Sounds like some pretty sick individuals are involved in all this gossip. I know what broken ring-lands look like - saw plenty when I had my 04 STi (not personally on my car, but yes). Honestly, I can't find the pictures now, but if PG's posts were edited, then obviously nothing can be taken seriously on said site. I know PG had a ton of problems getting his car properly tuned *before* ESS got involved, so it seemed reasonable to me that the motor might have gone south.

I don't know who Taza is and I don't know any of these people personally. I'm glad you posted the facts as you understand them, so the issue can be understood here. I don't post on e46fanatics, but I understand there is more detail there.

This is clearly something I want no part of - I post here, and modify my car, for fun. I don't even understand how people get into such conflict on the internet to be totally honest.

Anyway, I don't have anything against any of the parties involved, was honestly asking because I don't know all the facts. If I were confident of exactly what had happened, then I would have stated that. Anyone who follows my posts here knows when I'm sure of my opinion ; )
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 12:51 PM   #34
E90///M3`
Major General
Philippines
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90M3

Garage List
2008 BMW E90 M3  [7.60]
Quote:

finally someone said it. i know the whole story cause i went directly to the source as well. So much easier without all the internet shit slinging. Facts are facts. Although, afaik, PG has pretty much squashed it with most of the guys he's talking about in the video. Most have talked in person and everything is like a big happy family now.
:Videos: EnvyRidesTV, GPR 1, GPR 2, GPR 3, ///MFEST
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 01:33 PM   #35
J08M3
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 M3 COUPE

Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
typical Gintani thread....
...... and the plot thickens..... who needs TV with drama like these threads
      07-28-2011, 01:43 PM   #36
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90///M3` View Post
finally someone said it. i know the whole story cause i went directly to the source as well. So much easier without all the internet shit slinging. Facts are facts. Although, afaik, PG has pretty much squashed it with most of the guys he's talking about in the video. Most have talked in person and everything is like a big happy family now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Thanks for the information. Sounds like some pretty sick individuals are involved in all this gossip. I know what broken ring-lands look like - saw plenty when I had my 04 STi (not personally on my car, but yes). Honestly, I can't find the pictures now, but if PG's posts were edited, then obviously nothing can be taken seriously on said site. I know PG had a ton of problems getting his car properly tuned *before* ESS got involved, so it seemed reasonable to me that the motor might have gone south.

I don't know who Taza is and I don't know any of these people personally. I'm glad you posted the facts as you understand them, so the issue can be understood here. I don't post on e46fanatics, but I understand there is more detail there.

This is clearly something I want no part of - I post here, and modify my car, for fun. I don't even understand how people get into such conflict on the internet to be totally honest.

Anyway, I don't have anything against any of the parties involved, was honestly asking because I don't know all the facts. If I were confident of exactly what had happened, then I would have stated that. Anyone who follows my posts here knows when I'm sure of my opinion ; )
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 02:11 PM   #37
alpine335i
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 e92 M3 6MT, 08 e90 328xi

Quote:
According to ESS and PC fan boys. Gintani customers will tell you a diff story. A good idea is to check out every vendor yourself and make your own conclusion. There are alot of great products out there for this car.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 04:30 PM   #38
Kyoshi71
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by blipit View Post
Sad really, the BMW scene has turned to crap.
It's not just BMW, it's everywhere.

2010 E92 M3|Silverstone II|M-DCT|NCSW|2MT|ZCW|ZPP|ZTP|302|507|Gas Guzzler Tax
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 04:35 PM   #39
Mrbojangles
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3- Melbourne RED-

Video posted above

LOL that video was posted over a year ago.. Alot could of have happened since then.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 06:32 PM   #40
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: OE Tuned C63

Quote:
It's not just BMW, it's everywhere.

Not as bad as here....
A little comment or misconception on M3post (don't know about other BMW sites) snowball's into a full blown shit storm.
Don't know if its the maturity level or what, but being an active member on numerous other forums there isn't half as much drama or shit talking as there is over here.
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:12 PM   #41
ImolaMpower
Gintani Supercharged
United_States
Rep
Drives: M3/335i

All this forum talk is BS man, Call Gintani yourself and talk to them. You wont be disappointed that you did. These guys are some of the most willing and knowledgeable car enthusiasts out there, despite what others (who have never even met or dealt with them) have to say.

Last edited by ImolaMpower; 07-28-2011 at 11:18 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-28-2011, 11:51 PM   #42
m33
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 VT650 MCB Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by phusion974
I would call Gintani and find out, they have built motors on a few 700hp Gintani Stg. 3 M3's with low compression pistons, etc.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eugene-Taiwan
Quote:
Originally Posted by fastgti69
yea man at like 12 psi right? i heard they're trying to safely run and hit round 800whp on their dyno at like 16+ psi crazy man.
actually ur about right on with the numbers!
These are the types of hot air numbers Izzy was talking about.* They've never produced a 800whp dyno, let alone a 700whp dyno.* Tightie is the only person with a stage-3 to go on record and say what his car produced (but still didn't show a dyno).* He said his car only made 650whp STD corrected on a Dynojet.* That's probably only 640whp SAE corrected.* His car is a 4.2L Gintani stage-3.* So if Tightie's got 640whp @ 14PSI SAE, so can somebody tell me how Eugene gets to 800whp on 2 more PSI (16PSI) without using the magic Gintani dyno?* The way I do the math, for $30k, you get a 4.2L stage-3 motor that only makes about 6 more whp than it would if you had taken a 4.2L ESS VT2-650 with stock compression.

Quote:
Originally Posted by niterider
You should just contact Gintani directly and tell them your plans or ideas for your car. That way you can get some FACTS and real input so you can decide.
We all would love to see some of those facts -- maybe you can be the first Gintani stage-3 owner to show an independent dyno (or even the magic Gintani dyno), or vbox times, or drag times.* Or maybe you could tell people that you're a Gintani employee too instead of posing on the forums as an ordinary customer and telling them your car runs great.

Quote:
From the first day I chose the Gintani sc kit people have knocked it, funny thing is I at the time had the most miles on an Sc kit, had tracked more than any other SC kit owner (not the companies) and had not 1 issue. I now have a fully built motor with Gintani stage 3
Not one issue?* Really?* Alex has been telling people that your crankshaft was severely discolored when it was removed.* He's been saying that your crankshaft got so hot it turned blue.* Got any pictures of your engine build you'd like to share?

Quote:
and like Eugene my car is running great. Very strong and honestly it is stupid fasssst! Ive been daily driving it for about 3 months now.
No doubt your car is stupid fast.* But for $30k, I would expect more than 6whp gain over a blown 4.2L S65 motor.* If these aren't the facts, then by all means post your dyno, vbox, and drag results for everybody to see.* Maybe Eugene will be the first and post his results. Back in September of last year, Eugene said on some VW forum that he was heading to the dyno with his Gintani stage-3 in a week or two.* 10 months later...and nothing.* It's always the same story.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 12:01 AM   #43
phusion974
Lieutenant
Armenia
Rep
Drives: OE Tuned C63

Quote:
Originally Posted by m33 View Post
These are the types of hot air numbers Izzy was talking about.* They've never produced a 800whp dyno, let alone a 700whp dyno.* Tightie is the only person with a stage-3 to go on record and say what his car produced (but still didn't show a dyno).* He said his car only made 650whp STD corrected on a Dynojet.* That's probably only 640whp SAE corrected.* His car is a 4.2L Gintani stage-3.* So if Tightie's got 640whp @ 14PSI SAE, so can somebody tell me how Eugene gets to 800whp on 2 more PSI (16PSI) without using the magic Gintani dyno?* The way I do the math, for $30k, you get a 4.2L stage-3 motor that only makes about 6 more whp than it would if you had taken a 4.2L ESS VT2-650 with stock compression.

We all would love to see some of those facts -- maybe you can be the first Gintani stage-3 owner to show an independent dyno (or even the magic Gintani dyno), or vbox times, or drag times.* Or maybe you could tell people that you're a Gintani employee too instead of posing on the forums as an ordinary customer and telling them your car runs great.

Not one issue?* Really?* Alex has been telling people that your crankshaft was severely discolored when it was removed.* He's been saying that your crankshaft got so hot it turned blue.* Got any pictures of your engine build you'd like to share?

No doubt your car is stupid fast.* But for $30k, I would expect more than 6whp gain over a blown 4.2L S65 motor.* If these aren't the facts, then by all means post your dyno, vbox, and drag results for everybody to see.* Maybe Eugene will be the first and post his results. Back in September of last year, Eugene said on some VW forum that he was heading to the dyno with his Gintani stage-3 in a week or two.* 10 months later...and nothing.* It's always the same story.
Appreciate 0
      07-29-2011, 12:05 AM   #44
IMG
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrbojangles
LOL that video was posted over a year ago..
Alot could of have happened since then.
Here's a quote from post #31:

Quote:
Originally Posted by img
That video was taken on June-28-2010 and shows a
perfectly running motor. When he left Auto Talent after shooting
the video, he took the ECU with him so nobody could drive his car.
The motor was disassembled on July-15-2010 -- only two weeks
later. When exactly did the motor supposedly blow between June-28
and July-15 when no ECU was in the car?
That's only two weeks between shooting the video and motor
disassembly. No time for trouble...especially without an ECU in
the car...and the owner (with the ECU) living 400 miles away.
Appreciate 0