BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

07-14-2010, 01:51 AM   #1
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

F/I different methods and the results they yeild

I would like to make the following points short and sweet and let's see what flows from this new direction:

1. Each FI kit is designed to different standards, goals, applications, supercharging units by same manufacturer (vortech T trim V2/ Ti trim V3), and by different manufacturers also. Each one has different attributes, hence the same manufacturer makes them for different applications. Lets canvass these so we are all clear on the motives behind using them

2. Each vendor has different cooling methods, air to air, air to water, meth, and lastly the position of the air intake, size of filters and use of an air box or not. Each one has its own merits, and I would love for actual air temperatures being recorded before the air enters the SC. Maybe they are all the same, maybe they are not, but one method WILL prove to be the best. As consumers, we should demand this info from all the vendors since the cooler the air entering the blower, the lower the charge air will be and the more efficient the kit will be.

3 these variables will undeniably result in different results which will appeal to a broad range of consumers, each one being the best for a specific consumers goals

4 can we begin a new debate on these variables, and what each methods pros and cons are.

4.5 we are in a zero sum universe gentlemen, for every click in one direction, you lose a click in another.

Hopefully with each Vendors honest comments re their method, the consumers on this forum can then best decide which vendors kit will best suit their needs!!

To begin with, my goals were an FI kit that sounded and drove like a stock M3 on steroids. Smooth power delivery etc. This is why I also went Akrapovic Evo exhaust.

Others like a louder exhaust (not OEM like sound), a SC that's leaves little doubt to passers by that the car is supercharged with loud blow offs, a noisy blower, and they want a heavy duty blower that is capable of running big boost, without concerns of some sacrifice somewhere else.(which may not even be a sacrifice to some)

Hope this re directs everyone's focus from who is better, since not one of the vendors has a carbon copy of the others kits.

Last edited by Bob MG; 07-16-2010 at 04:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-14-2010, 12:23 PM   #2
southlight
Moderator / European Editor
Rep
Drives: X3M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob MG View Post
3. I have no agenda to bash any vendor, can we all agree, never to get personal or make idiotic inflammatory remarks (superlative)
I really hope all can agree on that.

EDIT: Oh, and street racing stories aren't allowed, so please no more on your #2 point. Thanks!

Best regards,
south

JOIN THE 6MT CLUB GROUP
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2010, 11:20 PM   #3
Meff
smiling amid the chaos...
Rep
Drives: Erratically

Quote:

4. Lets begin a new debate based on the following points:

4.1. Each FI kit is designed to different standards, goals, applications, supercharging units by same manufacturer (vortech T trim V2/ Ti trim V3), and by different manufacturers also. Each one has different attributes, hence the same manufacturer makes them for different applications. Lets canvass these so we are all clear on the motives behind using them

4.2. Each vendor has different cooling methods, air to air, air to water, meth, and lastly the position of the air intake, size of filters and use of an air box or not. Each one has its own merits, and I would love for actual air temperatures being recorded before the air enters the SC. Maybe they are all the same, maybe they are not, but one method WILL prove to be the best. As consumers, we should demand this info from all the vendors since the cooler the air entering the blower, the lower the charge air will be and the more efficient the kit will be.
In the interest of nudging this thread along, may I suggest focusing on points 4.1 and 4.2 ?

Quote:
Hopefully with each Vendors honest comments re their method, the consumers on this forum can then best decide which vendors kit will best suit their needs!!
I think that vendors and SC owners have a role to play here as some kits do not appear to have much vendor representation on here (or limited) and there are some very knowledgeable members with kits

I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want to learn so I can make an informed decision.
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 12:28 AM   #4
biglare
Bulldog
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW & Porsche

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meff View Post
In the interest of nudging this thread along, may I suggest focusing on points 4.1 and 4.2 ?

I think that vendors and SC owners have a role to play here as some kits do not appear to have much vendor representation on here (or limited) and there are some very knowledgeable members with kits

I don't have a dog in this fight, I just want to learn so I can make an informed decision.
I'm an owner, but not nearly as knowledgeable as some others on this site. However, I will gladly help answer any questions anyone has regarding the kit that I currently have, the ESS VT2-575.

I'm just glad that more and more kits are available for more people to enjoy the extra power that can be made out of the M3. The added power makes it exciting every time I drive my car!

GTS
Appreciate 0
      07-16-2010, 04:27 AM   #5
Bob MG
Moderating
United Arab Emirates
Rep
Drives: like a muppet

Quote:
Originally Posted by biglare View Post
t I currently have, the ESS VT2-575.
Hey bud, I thought you upgraded to a 625? You already have DCT software?
Appreciate 0