BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

03-29-2014, 11:09 AM   #45
m3buckeye
will bring some beers
United_States
Rep
Drives: Lots

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Captain View Post
So dealers don't wanna CPO a car because it costs too much? When a vehicle is CPO it raises the value of the vehicle and gives assurance to the buyer that the vehicle is covered under warranty.

Only two reasons for a car not to be CPO....

1. Vehicle is already beyond the factory warranty
2. Vehicle is not eligible for CPO thru BMW.

Now you have changed your tune again, as earlier you said one of the ONLY reasons was because an oil change was not done on time:

Quote:
I looked into the service history in over 20 different vehicles before purchasing mine. I came across several m3's at dealers that were NOT cpo. And everyone of those non-cpo vehicles we NOT cpo because the previous owners did not get their oil service done in time.

I had more information about the vehicles than the people selling the cars themselves. There is absolutely ZERO reason to not CPO a car. BMW has a stringent set of parameters that the vehicle must pass in order to CPO.

Many cars are CPO'd that are beyond the factory warranty and the dealer will make the call on the CPO, not BMW, albeit within guidelines. The oil change thing is one of the funniest statements I have ever read on here.

You are totally wrong on almost all of this. If you don't know then don't post it.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 12:48 PM   #46
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

If you are looking for CPO, I would urge you to find a good non-CPO one and just slap the BMW EVP on top of it -- you can pick your exact level of coverage, mileage, and term. For example, you could get powertrain only but push it out to 100k. They also negotiate on the price.
      03-29-2014, 06:30 PM   #47
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep
Drives: M3 and a McDonnell Douglas

Quote:
Originally Posted by m3buckeye View Post
Now you have changed your tune again, as earlier you said one of the ONLY reasons was because an oil change was not done on time:

Many cars are CPO'd that are beyond the factory warranty and the dealer will make the call on the CPO, not BMW, albeit within guidelines. The oil change thing is one of the funniest statements I have ever read on here.

You are totally wrong on almost all of this. If you don't know then don't post it.

You guys on the west coast... keep smoking it.....

I came across three M3s I was looking at purchasing that could not be CPO'd because the previous moron owner didn't get their oil service done in time.

Don't believe me? Don't change your oil and watch BMW NA flag your engine.

Also, there seems to be a major discussion about what it costs the dealer to CPO a vehicle. Why does everyone all of a sudden care what it costs the dealer? It don't cost the customer a dollar.

I can see some podunk dealer in the middle of no where who sells one M3 not wanting to pay for the CPO process.

Sounds like those on here vigorously arguing about a non-cpo vehicle need to justify their purchase, as they got screwed some how in the end. Or your just scared because you don't know your cars true service history. And not what just they told you at the dealer.

Are there gorgeous examples of non-cpo M3s out there? I'm sure. I guess you guys would rather step over a dollar just to save a dime. Hey its your money do as you wish.

Did I purchase a CPO M3? Yes. My car got 4 brand new tires, 2 brand new front rotors ( dealer found vibration after vehicle turn in and changed them), pads,
rear pads, and all service done prior to it even reaching its service interval.

If I followed the genius advice of those of you on here I would have told the dealer don't bother with the CPO I'll buy the car as is. Would have cost me thousands to get all that work done and it didn't cost me one red penny.

Not surprising that a 75k BMW can be had for less than half has brought on a whole new crowd to the M3 group.

Unlike 99% of you on here I have access to PUMA and have seen the true service history of many vehicles before I made to purchase the one I did. I don't need to justify my position because I know what I bought.

I apologize to the OP in that his thread got jacked. I was merely attempting to assist the OP in making a sound purchase. Instead I got attacked by all the penny pinchers.

Good luck to the OP in purchasing his/her M3.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 09:55 PM   #48
WWM3
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3Captain
Quote:

You guys on the west coast... keep smoking it.....

I came across three M3s I was looking at purchasing that could not be CPO'd because the previous moron owner didn't get their oil service done in time.

Don't believe me? Don't change your oil and watch BMW NA flag your engine.

Also, there seems to be a major discussion about what it costs the dealer to CPO a vehicle. Why does everyone all of a sudden care what it costs the dealer? It don't cost the customer a dollar.

I can see some podunk dealer in the middle of no where who sells one M3 not wanting to pay for the CPO process.

Sounds like those on here vigorously arguing about a non-cpo vehicle need to justify their purchase, as they got screwed some how in the end. Or your just scared because you don't know your cars true service history. And not what just they told you at the dealer.

Are there gorgeous examples of non-cpo M3s out there? I'm sure. I guess you guys would rather step over a dollar just to save a dime. Hey its your money do as you wish.

Did I purchase a CPO M3? Yes. My car got 4 brand new tires, 2 brand new front rotors ( dealer found vibration after vehicle turn in and changed them), pads,
rear pads, and all service done prior to it even reaching its service interval.

If I followed the genius advice of those of you on here I would have told the dealer don't bother with the CPO I'll buy the car as is. Would have cost me thousands to get all that work done and it didn't cost me one red penny.

Not surprising that a 75k BMW can be had for less than half has brought on a whole new crowd to the M3 group.

Unlike 99% of you on here I have access to PUMA and have seen the true service history of many vehicles before I made to purchase the one I did. I don't need to justify my position because I know what I bought.

I apologize to the OP in that his thread got jacked. I was merely attempting to assist the OP in making a sound purchase. Instead I got attacked by all the penny pinchers.

Good luck to the OP in purchasing his/her M3.
Although this matches up with what one dealer told me, how does this explain the dealer I spoke with who said the oil change history is inconsequential when CPOing a car? Especially when the CPO car I was questioning only had it's break-in service @ 3k miles?

I'm not being argumentative. I'm just pointing out the inconsistency between two dealers. I don't mean to jack this thread but I am curious...
      03-29-2014, 10:26 PM   #49
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by WWM3 View Post
Although this matches up with what one dealer told me, how does this explain the dealer I spoke with who said the oil change history is inconsequential when CPOing a car? Especially when the CPO car I was questioning only had it's break-in service @ 3k miles?

I'm not being argumentative. I'm just pointing out the inconsistency between two dealers. I don't mean to jack this thread but I am curious...

Service intervals are set by BMW. There is a grace period that follows. If ones service is not complete before the grace period is up the car becomes ineligible for the CPO process.

Trust me when I tell you many CAs and SAs don't even know this.

Ex. I called on a car at XYZ dealer and got the last seven of the VIN. Come to find out the vehicle got its first service at 1300 miles and the next oil change was at 22,000 miles!!! Therefore the reliability becomes in question so therefore BMW NA will not allow the dealer to CPO.

Every vehicle is different if there is something fishy with the service history. I saw some where I could buy an extended warranty and some not. Also, you can not CPO a vehicle if the factory warranty has been expired. Has to be done before.

I don't work for BMW and I'm sure there are other disqualifying items but the most common one was expired service intervals. Yes I know totally stupid when they are free.

Legally your dealer can not show you nor disseminate the information provided to them on a VIN check. But as always its always best to have all the available information so you can make a sound purchase.

Is buying a CPO vehicle more expensive? Yes? Is it worth it? Well thats up to the buyer.

Peace of mind is worth it to me when these S65 engines are $25k a pop.
Appreciate 0
      03-29-2014, 10:48 PM   #50
dparm
Stop the hate, get a V8
United_States
Rep
Drives: C7 Corvette GS, AMG C63 S

M3Captain, how does the DAVIS number play in?

When I bought my 2011.5 E90, it had a DAVIS number of zero. 44k on the clock, but was a shining example of a well-cared-for M3. Still is.
      03-30-2014, 12:09 PM   #51
m3buckeye
will bring some beers
United_States
Rep

Quote:

this is classic.

yep, you are right. CPOing does not cost the buyer a "dollar" as the dealer and BMWNA just eat the cost of the CPO and none of it is passed on in the price of the car.

Wow...just wow.

Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 06:47 PM   #52
M3Captain
Banned
Greece
Rep

Quote:
this is classic.

yep, you are right. CPOing does not cost the buyer a "dollar" as the dealer and BMWNA just eat the cost of the CPO and none of it is passed on in the price of the car.

Wow...just wow.

Dude enough already. If you don't have anything positive to contribute go be a troll elsewhere.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 07:03 PM   #53
m3buckeye
will bring some beers
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Dude enough already. If you don't have anything positive to contribute go be a troll elsewhere.

how is it trolling when you are simply being called out for continuing to post completely incorrect info and fighting with people about it as if you are correct? now you are telling potential buyers of a CPO vehicle that it will cost them nothing and the cost to do so is somehow borne by the dealer and/or BMWUSA.

ridiculous.

either post correct info or delete your account. if anyone gets to be called a troll it is you for the inane comments you have made in this thread. if you view someone calling you out on your BS as "negative" then you need to get new parts for your head.
Appreciate 0
      03-30-2014, 11:45 PM   #54
s85e90
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: black e90

Yes, the CPO cost is passed onto the buyer; approx 2k-2.5k over a normal non-CPO car
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2014, 12:19 AM   #55
RR-NYC
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3MC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Law View Post
A preference is a preference. If you prefer a CPO car, then so be it.
But a dealer's reason for CPO'ing or not is strictly a business decision.

Go back to school. Business 101 and then try again.

Don't make me laugh
Agreed
Appreciate 0
      04-06-2014, 10:24 AM   #56
messm6
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: F13 M6

Quote:
Originally Posted by 02rusWRX View Post
Hey everyone, hoping to join the club very soon!

I'm looking at buying an out of state 2011 E90 Jet Black/Black Novillo leather with 42K miles and the lowest I can seem to get the dealer to go is $47.5K. It's a non-CPO but has factory warranty through Feb 2015.

It's almost the perfect M3 for me being a 1-owner sedan with DCT trans, Comp Package, Premium, Convenience, folding rear seats, premium sound, moonroof ... basically the works! My only complaints are aluminium trim instead of carbon and high-ish miles for a 2011.

Blue Book on this car shows about $43-44K from a dealer, and looking through this forum, it looks like that is possible to get.

So - is $47.5K really over paying or close enough in today's market?

Not sure if you bought this or not.. I'm selling and AW 2011 E90 M3. 32k mileage loaded.. Exhaust, stage 2 intake, carbon splitters lowered on H&R springs, brand news tires with less then 200 miles on them.. Matte black grill, lux halo led's.. Remainder of this year on warranty.. Car is mint. Black novillo interior.. PM if anyone is interested
Appreciate 0
      04-25-2014, 01:26 PM   #57
02rusWRX
Rep
Drives: 06 Subaru Baja Turbo

Just to close the loop on this, I ended up picking up an 11 E92, black/black with carbon trim. 46K miles with balance of remaining warranty still in effect. Black grills, with blacked out front bumper side markers. Everything else stock - DCT, fully loaded with ZCP and a shiny carbon roof instead of sunroof.

Last edited by 02rusWRX; 01-22-2015 at 03:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 02:08 PM   #58
cshawkeye
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 X3M

Congrats on the purchase and this article is really helping me out decide between 2 sedans in my area. One is CPO and the other is not but has 20K less miles on it.
Appreciate 0
      05-19-2014, 05:32 PM   #59
Law
Global Moderator
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 6MT

Garage List
2011.5 BMW M3  [10.00]
2004 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by cshawkeye View Post
Congrats on the purchase and this article is really helping me out decide between 2 sedans in my area. One is CPO and the other is not but has 20K less miles on it.
As i mentioned on your thread, between the 2 choices you are looking at, the 2nd sedan with no CPO but significantly lower mileage and lower sticker is a better buy, good luck! Since it is 2011 anyways, you should still have OEM warranty, after which you have the option of various "extended" packages.

E9x M3 Press/Media Archives Thread | S65-based Racing Engines Thread
Appreciate 0