BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

11-16-2009, 04:39 PM   #1
PrimeBMW
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: E46 M3+S62, E92 M3

BMW Northwest demo??

I am in the process of looking for a 2009 or newer M3 coupe. I recently contacted BMW Northwest to inquire about a new 2009. They were up front and mentioned right off that it was a demo with just under 3000 miles. They claim it has been the owners personal car and not a car for test drives. My question is to the Seattle area folks: Can you confirm whether or not this car has been used as a test drive demo? 2009 Space Gray, loaded with DCT, Prem, Tech, Prem Sound, sun roof and 18's. I am fine with a used and properly broken in car but have heard too many horror stories to purchase a test drive demo.

Does anyone in the northwest have any information that would be helpful?
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2009, 08:18 PM   #2
1cleanm6
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M5 comp/Range/i3S

i dont think there is a way too know..

however do you mind me asking how much???

u can pm me if u want
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 07:39 PM   #3
TTG
United_States
Rep
Drives: M340

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post
I am in the process of looking for a 2009 or newer M3 coupe. I recently contacted BMW Northwest to inquire about a new 2009. They were up front and mentioned right off that it was a demo with just under 3000 miles. They claim it has been the owners personal car and not a car for test drives. My question is to the Seattle area folks: Can you confirm whether or not this car has been used as a test drive demo? 2009 Space Gray, loaded with DCT, Prem, Tech, Prem Sound, sun roof and 18's. I am fine with a used and properly broken in car but have heard too many horror stories to purchase a test drive demo.

I am actually looking at the same car.... I heard the same story and the fact that they want $500 over invoice on what I would consider a used car.....

My guess is that the car was demoed for a while and then "the owner" started driving it.

I am not going to pay $500 over invoice for a used car AND pay the $1300 gas guzzler tax....

Recently a very similar car sold for $61,500.00 w/ only 700miles on this forum.
2007 E92 335i -Space Gray.....ED Oct 19th, 2006 - Retired
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 08:20 PM   #4
DiamondGCoupe
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 X5 & 2015 M4

I wouldn't go for it 3000 miles is "used" doesn't matter who drove it or how, not a good buy unless you were $3000 below invoice.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2009, 10:37 PM   #5
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiamondGCoupe View Post
I wouldn't go for it 3000 miles is "used" doesn't matter who drove it or how, not a good buy unless you were $3000 below invoice.
I'll probably sell my car for less than that, even with all the mods.
      11-17-2009, 11:30 PM   #6
dvn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 C63 Coupe

$500 over invoice for that car is laughable. I bought my 335i from Northwest but they wouldn't offer anything less than Euro MSRP for a Euro Delivery.

I got MUCH better price quotes from Seattle BMW and Bellevue BMW.

+1 on buying Kev's car.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:17 AM   #7
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: '10 Legacy, '07 Kia Sorrento

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrimeBMW View Post

It was the owner's car, and it is way overpriced. I can't afford the new M3 but, I like to keep current with dealer stock levels and pricing so, I called on the specific car you mentioned. The (dickhead) salesman told me they wouldn't take any less that MSRP.

What a jackass. And quite frankly, I feel bad for the jackass they sucker in to buying that particular car. Just order a new one and be done with it.
      11-18-2009, 11:25 AM   #8
dvn
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 C63 Coupe

Yeah, I've spoken with a few different SA's at NW BMW and they were all had dismissive attitudes. I honestly don't see how they move cars.

Take your money to Seattle or Bellevue. They'll treat you with respect even if you tell them you are just looking. They are much classier people all around.
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2009, 11:41 AM   #9
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvn View Post
Yeah, I've spoken with a few different SA's at NW BMW and they were all had dismissive attitudes. I honestly don't see how they move cars.

Take your money to Seattle or Bellevue. They'll treat you with respect even if you tell them you are just looking. They are much classier people all around.
Well said, couldn't agree more.

Except in my case, they roll their eyes and groan when I walk onto their respective lots
      11-22-2009, 09:32 PM   #10
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2CS, M2C, & X5

I also looked into that car. I really didn't have a problem with the folks I spoke with. The price they quoted wasn't bad, it wasn't spectacular either. After calling a few more dealerships, I got a feel for what to expect. Ultimately decided that if I'm spend this kind of money on a car, I want it new and I want it my way.

I went to a different dealership since they already had one that was about to be built but could re-spec it the way I want.
Appreciate 0
      11-24-2009, 05:52 PM   #11
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW003E View Post
I also looked into that car. I really didn't have a problem with the folks I spoke with. The price they quoted wasn't bad, it wasn't spectacular either. After calling a few more dealerships, I got a feel for what to expect. Ultimately decided that if I'm spend this kind of money on a car, I want it new and I want it my way.

I went to a different dealership since they already had one that was about to be built but could re-spec it the way I want.
So, what dealer did you go to? When is your car slated to be built? When do you take delivery?
      11-25-2009, 12:14 AM   #12
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

I went through BMW of Bellevue. It was built in mid-Oct and I will hopefully be taking delivery this weekend.

I called around to a number of dealerships in the NW and the best I got for a new-build '10 was 3% off MSRP, comperable to the quotes I got for existing '09s. I figured that's alright since I'm getting exactly what I want when I want it - and it makes a heck of birthday present for me.
Appreciate 0
      11-25-2009, 02:21 PM   #13
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I went through BMW of Bellevue. It was built in mid-Oct and I will hopefully be taking delivery this weekend.

I called around to a number of dealerships in the NW and the best I got for a new-build '10 was 3% off MSRP, comperable to the quotes I got for existing '09s. I figured that's alright since I'm getting exactly what I want when I want it - and it makes a heck of birthday present for me.
Congrats! That is my ultimate birthday present too!

Too bad the wife isn't on board with it.
      11-25-2009, 05:01 PM   #14
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

It arrived today. I'm picking it up on Saturday.

Fortunately for me, my fiancee is almost as excited as I am about the car. I haven't heard her say it's a waste of money... yet. But, it's not her money!
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 04:01 PM   #15
mwlmd
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Porsche 991 TTS

Quote:
It arrived today. I'm picking it up on Saturday.

Fortunately for me, my fiancee is almost as excited as I am about the car. I haven't heard her say it's a waste of money... yet. But, it's not her money!
As soon as you sign the marriage certificate it is. Be careful.
Hers: BMW X3MC
BSM/Black
Appreciate 0
      11-26-2009, 09:08 PM   #16
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mlaynemd View Post
As soon as you sign the marriage certificate it is. Be careful.
Yeah, I know. Not much I can do about that (even with a prenup), but I can't live my life in fear, either. At least I can use the argument that the car is a practical, every day car.
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 11:54 AM   #17
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
At least I can use the argument that the car is a practical, every day car.
Yes, you can use that argument. The question is though, does she buy it?

Of course, since you are picking the car up tomorrow, my guess is that she did...
      11-27-2009, 12:14 PM   #18
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Well, she really doesn't have a say once I pick it up. But, she encouraged me to order it since that's what I want, she didn't say anything when I put the deposit down. Plus, she got her engagement ring. So, I get the car. I think it's an even trade...

It's not that woman I'm worried about, it's Mother Nature since I've got go over Snoqualmie Pass to get the car. Please, no snow!!!
Appreciate 0
      11-27-2009, 02:50 PM   #19
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Well, she really doesn't have a say once I pick it up. But, she encouraged me to order it since that's what I want, she didn't say anything when I put the deposit down. Plus, she got her engagement ring. So, I get the car. I think it's an even trade...

It's not that woman I'm worried about, it's Mother Nature since I've got go over Snoqualmie Pass to get the car. Please, no snow!!!
I was wondering where '3rivers' is in WA... According to all weather reports, there shouldn't be any pass issues tomorrow. Let's hope Walter Kelly is right!

I tell people that my wife is wearing my dream car on her ring finger; and I am not kidding. 2 carat flawless, ideal cut center stone with 1 carat of channel-set diamonds in a platinum band. That was f-ing expensive.
      11-27-2009, 06:10 PM   #20
BMW003E
Captain
United_States
Rep

Damn! That's a nice ring. It's no wonder how you got your username. My girl's ring is just a simple rock compared to that (.5 ct, ideal, round but flawless). But, she actually got mad at me for spending that kind of money on a ring. She said she'd be happy with candy ring, as long as it was from me. But, I told her that I had to get her a nice ring anyways.

Yep, I'm down in the Tri-Cities and I'll be heading up tomorrow. I'll post pictures when I get back.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2009, 10:31 AM   #21
NoM3ForMe
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Damn! That's a nice ring. It's no wonder how you got your username. My girl's ring is just a simple rock compared to that (.5 ct, ideal, round but flawless). But, she actually got mad at me for spending that kind of money on a ring. She said she'd be happy with candy ring, as long as it was from me. But, I told her that I had to get her a nice ring anyways.

Yep, I'm down in the Tri-Cities and I'll be heading up tomorrow. I'll post pictures when I get back.
She's worth every dime I spent on it, and more. Be safe on your way to the left-hand side of the state, and on the drive back!* Congrats and be sure to post pics!

PS - who was your SA?

*the drive will be one helluva good way to get your break-in period mostly done!
      11-28-2009, 03:07 PM   #22
Pete The Greek
the greek guy
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2010 M3 AW/FR

Garage List
2010 E92 M3  [0.00]
I wouldn't pay over invoice for a used car, get them to lower the price or move on.
Appreciate 0