BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

10-22-2015, 10:50 AM   #309
Helmsman
Major General
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2011 AW E90 M3 ZCP

Guys, for the ones that didn't see the separate thread regarding measure oil level with Carly, appreciate if you can take a look at this (engine parameter "raw oil level").
Been playing around with this and it seems to possibly be an info adder to our in accurate oil gauge, however more ref inputs are needed for some level of "validation" of the function.

Cheers
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 12:19 PM   #310
vincE92M3
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M

Garage List
'11 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by vincE92M3 View Post
Im using the Vgate adapter with Carly and I'm able to run diagnostics, clear faults, parameters, and coding of all ECUs except for two: alarm (which i don't have) and one other (forgot which)
It looks like the other module that I can't code w/ the V-Link adapter is the CTM ecu.

Are you guys with the official Carly adapter able to code this one?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 03:26 PM   #311
0_to_60
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Bought the carly gen 2 off of amazon for 80 bucks and received it today. I am returning the other unit elm327!that i had bought for $20. Also can code out airbag malfunction warnings?
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 06:41 PM   #312
0_to_60
Captain
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Update: carly adaptor faulty, connects to wifi but can't connect with the app. Tried my $20 adaptor from amazon again and it worked. Secret is your phone needs to be literally next to the adaptor to work.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2015, 07:02 PM   #313
Time Lord
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

I still use the same 10$ unit that i had when i made this thread....
      10-26-2015, 03:15 AM   #314
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep
Drives: M3 E92 sold, M4 F82

I went with the dongle from their sales-site and Iam eager to find out what this Carly app is all about!-should arrive in a few day's-
Very interesting to know upfront that all kind of usually pricey coding is from now on history!

Considering it's just one app for a few buck's.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 10:35 AM   #315
tdott
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

I really wanted to try this, but I am not a huge fan of the expensive app price then having to pay for the add-on features the developer is charging. It seems like he is trying to nickel and dime his customers.

I'll stick to coding with NCS and the one stop cable.
Appreciate 0
      11-14-2015, 11:19 PM   #316
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by tdott View Post
I really wanted to try this, but I am not a huge fan of the expensive app price then having to pay for the add-on features the developer is charging. It seems like he is trying to nickel and dime his customers.

I'll stick to coding with NCS and the one stop cable.
I haven't checked what's available in a while. The only add on I've purchased is the battery coding. Are there other options now?
The original purpose of the app was to code features, so I don't see a problems when they add features such as coding a new batttery.

I would like to see them get rid of the Accept screen and do DVD in motion. IF anyone knows how to do those features with the app, it would be an awesome app.
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-15-2015, 01:47 PM   #317
lmendz71
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 Sedan Interlagos Blue

Does the app include max rev documentation in the engine parameter? Thanks
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 04:38 AM   #318
Time Lord
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 ZCP

Just give the company time. They have done so much since the first time i started this thread.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2015, 05:07 AM   #319
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

I have to say I was VERY concerned when I heard about Carly ( former BMWhat ) but the second I tested it, I realised that it really does what other claimed.
I was numerous time at my stealership of trust for an CEL I had ...noone could tell me what the freaking problem was...I payed EASY 500 $ just for resding and clearing that damn CEL.
Then I ordered as OP the WIFI adapter, loaded the app onto my iphone 6 and red the code.
Since Iam not that familiar with some value's I used the new developed IN APP Help Feature ///Send session log file///
I sent out, directly out the app to Carly ( they have mechanics and technicians sitting there, just for car related code's) and believe it or not 30 mins. later I got an email telling me my O2 Sensor went bad...
I couldn't believe it, I made dozents of appointments and noone could tell me what my car had...I mean my car was there, I had to take day's off from work and all that jazz....
then suddenly my app told me what's the problem with my car. To be honest, as I said I was still sceptical, so I posted my value's here and also got the information somethings wrong with my 02 sensor.
I mean that changed everything for me.
I thought I bought just an product that read and clears codes and then you got vertified technicians taking their time to help you, without having to pay a $ more.
As for me, Iam a happy costumer and even made a funny review vid, as Iam a funny guy and don't take myself to serious.
Appreciate 0
      10-25-2016, 09:29 AM   #320
Oilburnerfan
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d Titanium/Blk M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Lord View Post
A couple of questions sir:

1) Do you mind sharing a link for this one?
2) Will this work with iPhone 6?

Last edited by Oilburnerfan; 10-25-2016 at 11:19 AM..
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 02:41 AM   #321
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilburnerfan View Post
A couple of questions sir:

1) Do you mind sharing a link for this one?
2) Will this work with iPhone 6?
I highly doubt you can even come close to that, what Carly delivers.

Talking about:

Coding
indepth diagnosis
reading & clearing codes

Car health tracking
with Carly Garage

Pre owner check
Vin Check
Red line check
Real miles/ km check

True session log files
Lifetime guarantee
Lifetime free support
and the list goes on...
Appreciate 0
      11-01-2016, 07:04 AM   #322
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 6MT ESS625

Quote:
Originally Posted by vsix View Post
I highly doubt you can even come close to that, what Carly delivers.

Talking about:

Coding
indepth diagnosis
reading & clearing codes

Car health tracking
with Carly Garage

Pre owner check
Vin Check
Red line check
Real miles/ km check

True session log files
Lifetime guarantee
Lifetime free support
and the list goes on...
What is pre owner and red line check? One of the primary reasons I purchased the adapter and app was for the used car check feature. Turned out this was completely pointless as it basically only showed mileage on certain modules, which is of absolutely no use for me. Am I missing something?
      11-01-2016, 05:18 PM   #323
aus
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Odysse

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time Lord View Post
Can you still code with that old dongle?
I thought you had to have the new dongles to code now?
Let me get this straight... You are swapping out parts designed by some of the top engineers in the world because some guys sponsored by a company told you it's "better??" But when you ask the same guy about tracking, "oh no, I have a kid now" or "I just detailed my car." or "i just got new tires."
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 01:11 PM   #324
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iyzmi View Post
What is pre owner and red line check? One of the primary reasons I purchased the adapter and app was for the used car check feature. Turned out this was completely pointless as it basically only showed mileage on certain modules, which is of absolutely no use for me. Am I missing something?
You miss your self confidence to check the newest updates on mycarly.com

As I told it before, you buy the adapter and basically, literally skys the limit!
From the day you purchased your Carly WIFI Adapter and uploaded the Carly app, you are in the middle of an constantly updating process.
That's why the prices went up! Those that were smart enough to buy the adapter early enough, benefit on every update. ( still possible )
Carly allready started doing tests on MDM coding, or tuning...you can bet your behind, that these adapters along with the app will start going up with their prices, the minute new inventions come out!

As I said its still possible to belong to the smart ones
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2016, 01:40 PM   #325
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You miss your self confidence to check the newest updates on mycarly.com

As I told it before, you buy the adapter and basically, literally skys the limit!
From the day you purchased your Carly WIFI Adapter and uploaded the Carly app, you are in the middle of an constantly updating process.
That's why the prices went up! Those that were smart enough to buy the adapter early enough, benefit on every update. ( still possible )
Carly allready started doing tests on MDM coding, or tuning...you can bet your behind, that these adapters along with the app will start going up with their prices, the minute new inventions come out!

As I said its still possible to belong to the smart ones
No, that's definitely not what I'm missing. The app is fully up to date and always has been as my phone auto updates. I just ran the used car check feature again to see if they've added something since the last time I pointed out how pointless this "feature" is. The only info I get is:

VIN from ignition
VIN from lights
VIN from engine
Mileage from ignition
Last saved mileage from lights
Operating hours from lights
Average speed
Build-Date from engine

All completely useless to me. So I ask again, where is the redline check and what exactly do you find helpful about this "pre owner check" that you've brought up a number of times?
      11-02-2016, 02:40 PM   #326
vsix
Lieutenant Colonel
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
No, that's definitely not what I'm missing. The app is fully up to date and always has been as my phone auto updates. I just ran the used car check feature again to see if they've added something since the last time I pointed out how pointless this "feature" is. The only info I get is:

VIN from ignition
VIN from lights
VIN from engine
Mileage from ignition
Average speed
Build-Date from engine

All completely useless to me. So I ask again, where is the redline check and what exactly do you find helpful about this "pre owner check" that you've brought up a number of times?
Oooouh now I feel you!
Telling you what:

This is 2016 and we will enjoy our independancy, we won't pay over and over for things we can do NOW on our own!
Everybody should fear us, when they discover an Carly WIFI Adapter laying around in our car!

!Fight the power!

Over are the days, where they saw, ripped us off and got richer!
Over are the days, where we almost had an heart attack when an CEL popped up!
Over are the days of beeing dependend on unreliable semi-professional mechanics and their moods.
Over are them days.

Since I own my Carly WIFI adapter along with the app, my dealership mechanics started asking ME, what I've managed to read out with my carly adapter!
Now I just call and say, what part I want and everyone knows exactly you don't fool around with an BMW owner, that got his finger on the carly-trigger...
Have your oppinion, you have the right! Its your freedom of speech that is , thank god how (at least our system) is working but don't hide behind a rock and
exclude yourself from the fact, that this Carly adapter really helps people.

It gives them confidence, gives them life- quality and time back.

On top of mentioned, enthusiasts around the globe got their independancy and respect from the dealerships as human beeings back!

They save, from the day of purchase of an Carly WIFI adapter along with the carly app, a TRUMP TOWER TON of money!!!

To answer your question:

Updates, Carly is constantly in the process of updating their features and options. Carly for Porsche allready delivers this option, for any other car brand its just a matter of time until? Yep, you got it...until the next update pops up.

Now I feel this post made me weak, as I spoke the truth and it came right off my soul, need to get some rest.
Appreciate 0
      11-03-2016, 07:14 AM   #327
Iyzmi
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Oooouh now I feel you!
Telling you what:

This is 2016 and we will enjoy our independancy, we won't pay over and over for things we can do NOW on our own!
Everybody should fear us, when they discover an Carly WIFI Adapter laying around in our car!

!Fight the power!

Over are the days of beeing dependend on unreliable semi-professional mechanics and their moods.
Over are them days.

Since I own my Carly WIFI adapter along with the app, my dealership mechanics started asking ME, what I've managed to read out with my carly adapter!
Now I just call and say, what part I want and everyone knows exactly you don't fool around with an BMW owner, that got his finger on the carly-trigger...
Have your oppinion, you have the right! Its your freedom of speech that is , thank god how (at least our system) is working but don't hide behind a rock and

On top of mentioned, enthusiasts around the globe got their independancy and respect from the dealerships as human beeings back!

They save, from the day of purchase of an Carly WIFI adapter along with the carly app, a TRUMP TOWER TON of money!!!

To answer your question:

Updates, Carly is constantly in the process of updating their features and options. Carly for Porsche allready delivers this option, for any other car brand its just a matter of time until? Yep, you got it...until the next update pops up.

Now I feel this post made me weak, as I spoke the truth and it came right off my soul, need to get some rest.
      11-03-2016, 08:48 AM   #328
SDPLV
Major
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3 DCT Silverstone II

Garage List
2008 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:

VIN from ignition
VIN from lights
VIN from engine
Mileage from ignition
Average speed
Build-Date from engine

Oooouh now I feel you!
Telling you what:

!Fight the power!

Over are them days.

To answer your question:

You never answered the question...:
Current: 08 E90 M3 DCT SSII w/ BE RB Swap, H8 Lux 180s, MS Drop-in AF, CF spoiler, CF diffuser, OEM CF leather trim, CF DCT paddles, Custom DCT flatbottom wheel, MirrorTap 9500ix, RockAuto rotors, Hawk HPS pads, AMS ECU 93 Oct Map Tune, GTS DCT update, Slambo custom undertray
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 11:20 AM   #329
Mvy
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 M3

Bought the generation 2 adaptor and full version of the sw for a nexus 6p android. The adaptor didnt send out a blue tooth signal at all, and the app crashed constantly. Returning everything.

Harrop Supercharger, BPM Tune, K/W Coil over kit, Stoptek BBK, Magnaflow exhaust, ear to ear grin everytime I drive...
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2016, 11:31 AM   #330
Patrón
PAZUZU
United_States
Rep
Drives: '15 M4

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mvy View Post
Bought the generation 2 adaptor and full version of the sw for a nexus 6p android. The adaptor didnt send out a blue tooth signal at all, and the app crashed constantly. Returning everything.
nobody posts more about the company than vsix
let's see what the response is....

2009 M3 DCT ESS625+ SOLD
2015 M4 BSM/Silverstone F4LCON
@texasMclub IG @jagemoets
Appreciate 0