BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

10-17-2011, 10:35 PM   #177
eamon
Captain
Rep
Drives: 09 e92 335i, 2010 328i (sold)

Updates from OP?
      10-17-2011, 10:58 PM   #178
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by MonteCarloM3 View Post
The op's question is a joke right?
What kind of a jerk parent would give their child an M3 because they didn't want to let it go.
Only an awful, irresponsible parent would jeopardize their child's life for such selfish reasons.
Unbelievable.
LOL, I'm just saying. Who are you to judge? Your comment just tells how much more of a loving parent he is over you. What kind of snobby comment are you making towards the OP, are you just going to stab him like that because he is asking a question?

My dad bought me a 09 M3, and I'm still alive. So I don't know what you guys are talking about. Some of you think that everyone is the same and goes through the same steps through out life. Well I'm sorry to break it to you, some kids learn from others' mistakes. Some kids are smarter than others, and know how to make proactive decisions.

Now, I'm only 18. But if the OP thinks that his daughter is responsible enough to drive such a car, then go ahead and do it. Coming from an Indian family, the one thing that is penetrated through my brain is trust and loyalty to my parents and if this is something that the OP has then I think it is no problem.
      10-17-2011, 11:14 PM   #179
ibarry92
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericjay56 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by erhanh View Post
I'm pretty sure a 328 is as safe as an M3. In fact, you can't make a 328 reach to 60 in 4secs, so I'd say a 328 is safer.
I understand this, but you clearly don't understand the circumstances OP is under...He already has the M3, maybe he doesn't feel like spending 40 k on a first car for his child...
Why buy a new 328 for $40,000. When you can buy one used for less than $25,000.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:41 PM   #180
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

my first car is a 335i, im 17 now and am FBO so im faster than a m3. it really is not a matter of age but rather experiance. Ive been to the track and learned how to control a car with this much power and also do realize how lucky I am to have it. Before my 335i I learned on an E90 6MT M3. Teach her whats right and how to drive. Take her to track events and make sure shes responsible. Responsibility is key

Come to think about it tho most women suck at driving, especially a 16 year old. If I had a 16 year old daughter who did not care about cars or new how to drive id save some money and sell the car. And you know she wont be parking on the street to not get door dents.

btw i payed my downpayment on the 335 which im proud of. in4thebash

Last edited by CPWINCH; 10-18-2011 at 12:30 AM..
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:44 PM   #181
eksigned
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 4er

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
my first car is a 335i, im 17 now and am FBO so im faster than a m3. it really is not a matter of age but rather experiance. Ive been to the track and learned how to control a car with this much power and also do realize how lucky I am to have it. Before my 335i I learned on an E90 6MT M3. Teach her whats right and how to drive. Take her to track events and make sure shes responsible. Responsibility is key

Come to think about it tho most women suck at driving, especially a 16 year old. If I had a 16 year old daughter who did not care about cars or new how to drive id save some money and sell the car. And you know she wont be parking on the street to not get door dents.
I'm new to the forums -- in fact, this is my FIRST POST! I just wanted to say: YIKES.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:51 PM   #182
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
Who are you to judge?
Quote:
Your comment just tells how much more of a loving parent he is over you.
Pot, meet kettle ...

Quote:
My dad bought me a 09 M3, and I'm still alive. So I don't know what you guys are talking about. Some of you think that everyone is the same and goes through the same steps through out life. Well I'm sorry to break it to you, some kids learn from others' mistakes. Some kids are smarter than others, and know how to make proactive decisions.

Now, I'm only 18. But ...

Man, it'd be awesome to be 18 again and know everything about everything ...
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2011, 11:52 PM   #183
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by CPWINCH View Post
Nice misogyny!
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:04 AM   #184
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post

Man, it'd be awesome to be 18 again and know everything about everything ...
this is about right. its the normal process and if your younger you cant see it. when you look back everyone, i repeat EVERYONE says how could i have been so stupid. this applies to girls, cars, drugs, clothes, hair styles you name it you will think you were an idiot in 10 years looking back. and if you dont that only means you havent grown any since then.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 12:10 AM   #185
CPWINCH
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Toyota Prius

Quote:
Nice misogyny!
i love women, they just cant drive
      10-18-2011, 01:01 AM   #186
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 M3

If my son were a professional racing driver in US F2000 or Star Mazda, I'd think about it. However, that's a lot of responsibility. At 25 I have to even talk myself out of doing some stupid things in my car... I remember doing absolutely retarded stuff when I was 18. If my dad had actually bought me the cars I wanted when I got my license, there's no way I'd be alive.

Although, with all of that said, one thing has stayed in my head since I was 17 when a car dealer friend of my family -who was about 23 or 24 at the time- told me, "Never let your driving behaviors exceed your driving abilities." So since then, I've always taken that into account.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:03 AM   #187
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
this is about right. its the normal process and if your younger you cant see it. when you look back everyone, i repeat EVERYONE says how could i have been so stupid. this applies to girls, cars, drugs, clothes, hair styles you name it you will think you were an idiot in 10 years looking back. and if you dont that only means you havent grown any since then.
See, maybe I'm weird, but I don't think this way, usually. Mostly I just go, "Oh my God... what was I thinking?" Then I just laugh and say, "Ah, to be a teenager..." I do wish I could go back and change a few things, though.

2009 E90 M3| Jerez Black | Extended Silver Novillo with Brushed Aluminum | 6MT | EDC | Premium Package II | Convenience Package | Enhanced Premium Sound | HD Radio | Heated front seats | Fold down rear seats | Moonroof | 19" wheels |
RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 01:28 AM   #188
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Quote:
Originally Posted by AwesomeBMW2 View Post
See, maybe I'm weird, but I don't think this way, usually. Mostly I just go, "Oh my God... what was I thinking?" Then I just laugh and say, "Ah, to be a teenager..." I do wish I could go back and change a few things, though.
maybe idiot is a little strong. what was i thinking sums it up. just like looking at pictures of your parents. look a their clothes or their hair things come and go out of style and after the fact you cant believe you thought that was cool at the time. late 80s and early 90s were a really bad time.

02 Tiag e46 M3|6MT|GC plates|MCS c.o.|GC bars|GC race control arms|GC bushings|BW eng. & tran. mounts|subframe kit|BW race shifter|BW Jaffster|Euro header|BW exhaust|K&N c.a.i.|Epic race tune|Rouge pulleys|Seibon CF hood|CSL bumper|apr gt 250 & splitter|ST-40|XR-2|SS lines|half cage|Recaro profi|Profi 2 harness|BMWpedals|BW studs|
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 08:09 AM   #189
benn.
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
If my son were a professional racing driver in US F2000 or Star Mazda, I'd think about it. However, that's a lot of responsibility. At 25 I have to even talk myself out of doing some stupid things in my car... I remember doing absolutely retarded stuff when I was 18. If my dad had actually bought me the cars I wanted when I got my license, there's no way I'd be alive.

Although, with all of that said, one thing has stayed in my head since I was 17 when a car dealer friend of my family -who was about 23 or 24 at the time- told me, "Never let your driving behaviors exceed your driving abilities." So since then, I've always taken that into account.

you never know if he has the potential to be a professional if you never let him drive one
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 08:18 AM   #190
Templar
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sandye90m3 View Post
LOL, I'm just saying. Who are you to judge? Your comment just tells how much more of a loving parent he is over you. What kind of snobby comment are you making towards the OP, are you just going to stab him like that because he is asking a question?

Now, I'm only 18. But if the OP thinks that his daughter is responsible enough to drive such a car, then go ahead and do it. Coming from an Indian family, the one thing that is penetrated through my brain is trust and loyalty to my parents and if this is something that the OP has then I think it is no problem.
Statistics prove you wrong. Of course everyone is different and everyone is raised differently, however if the numbers STILL show that fast cars are more dangerous (across the spectrum) then what does that tell you? It tells me that chances are more likely that even if my daughter is responsible enough to handle it, one of her idiot friends might not be, and the second she lets that idiot friend drive her home one night because she's tired or whatever, then the accident could occur.

Like I said, it's up to the OP. He can do whatever he wants. Pretty sure the question was posed as a troll anyway to get all of these heated responses, especially since he made that first post and has been AWOL since....
      10-18-2011, 08:32 AM   #191
Erhan
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Cooper S

Quote:
Originally Posted by benn. View Post
you never know if he has the potential to be a professional if you never let him drive one
You don't get a professional racing driver at the age of 16 driving an M3 on the street. M3 is a horrible car to learn high performance driving anyways.
      10-18-2011, 09:14 AM   #192
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by eamon View Post
Updates from OP?
I was wondering the same thing why we not have heard again from Captain Kirk ..... One of two things are possible ...

1) The Original Poster "Captain Kirk" is reading the posts and laughing his ass off at all the posts here as he reads them

or

2) Or he is waiting for the right post to realty impress him (like when he visits the Jay Leno show). Hahaha

I personally think this discussion has reached a final chapter ...

in the end ...

Each dad has to make up his own mind if the teenager is responsible and/or worthy or not.

In my case my dad never ever gave me anything and I thank him for that since all I have I worked hard for it and therefore appreciate what I have so much more and I would not have had it any other way.

As for my daughter, she got my car at the age of 22. Well times are different today, the young folks are much more responsible today then when I was a teenager. Therefore I repeat it is up to each dad what he does. Only he can decide and no forum or outside discussion should play a role in the final decision.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:51 AM   #193
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by benn. View Post
If someone has the makings of a pro driver, it would not matter what they were driving, be it sports car, mini-van, or tractor. They would drive it to the absolute limit. Giving someone an M3 doesn't make them a better driver anymore than giving someone a Stradivarius violin makes them a concert violinist.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 11:52 AM   #194
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolf-Dieter View Post
1) The Original Poster "Captain Kirk" is reading the posts and laughing his ass off at all the posts here as he reads them
This. The thread has been comedy gold
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:21 PM   #195
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszeh View Post
maybe idiot is a little strong. what was i thinking sums it up. just like looking at pictures of your parents. look a their clothes or their hair things come and go out of style and after the fact you cant believe you thought that was cool at the time. late 80s and early 90s were a really bad time.
Oh, the idiot thing didn't bother me, because I was more than an idiot, hahaha. I feel bad for the people of the '70s, '80s and '90s for such horrible clothing!

RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:27 PM   #196
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Oh, the idiot thing didn't bother me, because I was more than an idiot, hahaha. I feel bad for the people of the '70s, '80s and '90s for such horrible clothing!
Hey now. The 80s are back! I've seen people with leg warmers and aviator sunglasses for a while.
Appreciate 0
      10-18-2011, 03:49 PM   #197
Sandye90m3
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Templar View Post
Statistics prove you wrong. Of course everyone is different and everyone is raised differently, however if the numbers STILL show that fast cars are more dangerous (across the spectrum) then what does that tell you? It tells me that chances are more likely that even if my daughter is responsible enough to handle it, one of her idiot friends might not be, and the second she lets that idiot friend drive her home one night because she's tired or whatever, then the accident could occur.

Like I said, it's up to the OP. He can do whatever he wants. Pretty sure the question was posed as a troll anyway to get all of these heated responses, especially since he made that first post and has been AWOL since....
By all means, there is very limited amount of kids that are responsible these days. But yeah, it wouldn't be her that might be the problem, it will be how responsible she is when she has others in her car.
      10-18-2011, 05:44 PM   #198
I M STIG
RawAutos.com
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Hey now. The 80s are back! I've seen people with leg warmers and aviator sunglasses for a while.
Aviators I can understand. But if I see a girl with leg warmers I'm throwing them down a flight of stairs

RawAutos.com
Appreciate 0