BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos

Mporium BMW

06-21-2013, 05:17 PM   #67
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: "Daddy-bought" 2010 Z4

Quote:
Originally Posted by playground
Let me repeat what was mentioned in this thread. LFA is one of the best 2 seater sports cars made. A friend in Asia of mine owns one, and I have to say it is perfection. For those who have never seen it in real life or sat/driven in one will always be clueless of what a masterpiece it is.
Sadly, I have been in one. To quote Dick Marcinko, don't "ass-ume" things. It's too expensive. If it were a more reasonable price, then I'd be impressed. Give me an Aventador for that price. Hell, give me a MP4-12C and ill invest the rest.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 05:40 PM   #68
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepittrill View Post
Sadly, I have been in one. To quote Dick Marcinko, don't "ass-ume" things. It's too expensive. If it were a more reasonable price, then I'd be impressed. Give me an Aventador for that price. Hell, give me a MP4-12C and ill invest the rest.
You can't afford either so it's neither here nor there.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 05:53 PM   #69
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NemesisX
Quote:
You can't afford either so it's neither here nor there.
I'm sorry you're angry that an 18 year old college student can't afford high end supercars. In my eyes, that attempt at an insult just completely invalidated your whole opinion. Good try, man. Maybe next time!
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 10:04 PM   #70
LSPowered
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 MAZDASPEED6 GT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kayani_1 View Post
No, I know that last generation Corvette got decent gas mileage for a V8 powered sports car. However, the new stingray Corvette will one up that with its Eco-mode cylinder deactivation. Thus, making it more practical for daily driving compared to the last generation.

I also agree in some instances that the cost of having 2 cars might cancel out any gas savings. Thus, I said I hate garage queens come on now
If your main goal is MPG, you are not looking at sports cars. I think we're done here.
Appreciate 0
      06-21-2013, 11:53 PM   #71
NemesisX
Captain
Rep
Drives: '19 Infiniti Q60S

Quote:
I'm sorry you're angry that an 18 year old college student can't afford high end supercars. In my eyes, that attempt at an insult just completely invalidated your whole opinion. Good try, man. Maybe next time!
It wasn't an insult. I can't afford any of these cars either. It makes no sense to give brownie points for a car costing $250k (which I can't afford) versus $400k (which I can't afford) due to price alone.

I can tell you right now there isn't a market for people who can afford $250k cars but not $400k cars or $1M cars.

If you can afford a $250k car, you can afford a $400k car. Your liquid net worth is likely well in excess of $30M at this point.

You laughed at someone calling the LFA one of the best 2 seater sports cars and then cited price as your main criticism. It makes you look foolish and fanboy-ish given that price isn't a concern for people who are actually a part of this market.

The fact remains that the LFA is like the 5th or 6th fastest production track car on earth. Unless of course you think only the top 4 or 5 (the ones faster than the LFA) warrant being called "one of the best sports cars on earth."
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 01:26 AM   #72
Kayani_1
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW E92/E60

My main goal is not MPG

However, a good sports car that can give good MPG is very possible now a days and that is what you are not understanding.

I think we are done if you are not able to see that point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSPowered View Post
If your main goal is MPG, you are not looking at sports cars. I think we're done here.
nickname"BAD 3",MHD E85 tune,RennArt catback non-resonated exhaust,VRSF Downpipes, VRSF 7"FMIC,VRSF stock side inlets,SSQV BOV,ECS CP,M-performance alcantara steering,retrofit M3 paddle shifters,Alpina B3 tranny flash,AFE power seal CAI,LED angels,ST Coilovers,M3 upper/lower control arms,E93 M3 Front Swaybar ,235/35/19x9 ,275/30/19x9.5. M sport bumpers, CF diffuser. When in doubt..flat out.
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 02:13 AM   #73
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

5th or 6th fastest production track car? Wow. I'm pretty sure someone was saying a Camaro SS 1LE spanked the LFA on a lap, so I'm going to say no... I mean, you can bring up how the LFA was like 4th or 5th on the Nurburgring, but that was "LFA Nurburgring edition". There were only 50 made, so I don't consider that a production car. It's more like a Sesto Elemento, Veneno, Reventon type thing. The regular LFA was like 17th. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car. It just isn't even top 10 in the two seater category. With companies like Lamborghini, Bugatti, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Mclaren, Ferrari, Ascari, Noble, and SSC, it's a tough market when you're vying for the "best" position. I'd also like to go back to the whole "you can't afford this" thing you had going on. What could that possibly have to do with the cars performance? Is that relevant in any way? Also, let me tell you of a conversation my dad and his friend were having a while back.

Dad: how's the Murcielago?
Friend: great, I love it. Only been a few months and I've already put a thousand miles on it.
Dad: Have you seen the new Aventador? Looks awesome.
Friend: it does! I wish I could afford one. Id trade the Murcielago in in a heartbeat.

400K is also 150K more than 250K. That's a lot of Ks...

I'm actually curious as to where you studied finances? There are plenty of people with net worths nowhere near "30 million" that are buying these cars. You know, people finance these cars too. You don't HAVE to buy them cash. Plenty of doctors out there who aren't making more than 600K a year that have one or two supercars. If you don't believe me, just come to Paradise Valley hahaha
Appreciate 0
      06-22-2013, 03:36 AM   #74
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
5th or 6th fastest production track car? Wow. I'm pretty sure someone was saying a Camaro SS 1LE spanked the LFA on a lap, so I'm going to say no... I mean, you can bring up how the LFA was like 4th or 5th on the Nurburgring, but that was "LFA Nurburgring edition". There were only 50 made, so I don't consider that a production car. It's more like a Sesto Elemento, Veneno, Reventon type thing. The regular LFA was like 17th. Don't get me wrong, it's a great car. It just isn't even top 10 in the two seater category. With companies like Lamborghini, Bugatti, Pagani, Koenigsegg, Mclaren, Ferrari, Ascari, Noble, and SSC, it's a tough market when you're vying for the "best" position. I'd also like to go back to the whole "you can't afford this" thing you had going on. What could that possibly have to do with the cars performance? Is that relevant in any way? Also, let me tell you of a conversation my dad and his friend were having a while back.

Dad: how's the Murcielago?
Friend: great, I love it. Only been a few months and I've already put a thousand miles on it.
Dad: Have you seen the new Aventador? Looks awesome.
Friend: it does! I wish I could afford one. Id trade the Murcielago in in a heartbeat.

400K is also 150K more than 250K. That's a lot of Ks...

I'm actually curious as to where you studied finances? There are plenty of people with net worths nowhere near "30 million" that are buying these cars. You know, people finance these cars too. You don't HAVE to buy them cash. Plenty of doctors out there who aren't making more than 600K a year that have one or two supercars. If you don't believe me, just come to Paradise Valley hahaha
I hate to agree with this spoiled 18 year old smartass kid but he's right. Saying there's no market for these cars is just plain ignorant and retarded business sense. $250k and $400k for a car is a big difference and owning one doesnt mean one can own the other. And to "AFFORD" one of these cars one needs $30M+ liquid net worth? So to be able to afford a car one should only spend roughly 1% of their liquid net worth? HAHAHAH. You should be well into $3m+ with that 335i, I think I'm at around $20M usd + LIQUID net worth with your assumptions.

Cars are toys, and to some they are even used to represent or exaggerate their worth like wearing brand name clothing and watches.

"If you can afford a $250k car, you can afford a $400k car. Your liquid net worth is likely well in excess of $30M at this point."

I can "afford" both price ranges with liquid cash but my so called "liquid net worth" is no where even close to $30M at this point.
      06-22-2013, 11:10 AM   #75
keepittrill
Banned
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc

spoiled 18 year old smartass kid
Unnecessary, but it's K bbz. I forgive you.
Appreciate 0