BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

04-09-2016, 10:10 PM   #133
paliknight
fuck this field
United_States
Rep
Drives: 18 F80 CS/18 F80 ZCP/19 M2C

Thank God for the lacks gun laws in the south.
Appreciate 0
      04-10-2016, 01:24 AM   #134
1MOREMOD
-
United_States
Rep
Drives: Race car->

Lax
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 02:47 PM   #135
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep
Drives: a 9incher

I've seen some shit.
Cops have accused me of stealing my BMW. Cops have pulled guns on me because i looked hostile.
List goes on.

Nowadays, i stay as far away from Police as possible.
      04-12-2016, 02:51 PM   #136
jtodd_fl
2nd Asst to Dept Undersecretary
Rep
Drives: People crazy

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss View Post
I've seen some shit.
Cops have accused me of stealing my BMW. Cops have pulled guns on me because i looked hostile.
List goes on.

Seriously? Like, basically out of nowhere? As in, they pull you over for something routine like speeding and all your paperwork is cool, but they are like, "we think you stole this"?

I cannot even imagine having a gun drawn down on me. (Well, I can imagine it, but I mean it is outside the realm of expectation for me.) Guess I was born lucky in the way. Don't know CT that well - you from the hood of Stamford or something?
      04-12-2016, 04:35 PM   #137
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
I've seen some shit.
List goes on.

Seriously? Like, basically out of nowhere? As in, they pull you over for something routine like speeding and all your paperwork is cool, but they are like, "we think you stole this"?

I cannot even imagine having a gun drawn down on me. (Well, I can imagine it, but I mean it is outside the realm of expectation for me.) Guess I was born lucky in the way. Don't know CT that well - you from the hood of Stamford or something?
For the accusation incident. I clearly admit i was at fault. I attempted to pass in a 'No Pass Zone'.
The police pulls me over and asks me where i 'stole' this car from? At first I thought it was a joke.
Fast fwd: he kept insisting that a different name showed up when he ran the plates. After i clearly proved to him that it was mine he had an evil smile in his face... Like was purposely fucking with me to piss me off. I'm guessing he couldn't believe a Black person can afford a BMW. This was back in 2007 when the E92's were new.

For the gun pull incident, that one was a long story. Some ass hat and his wife were tailgating me, flashing their high beams and giving me the finger so i can move out of 'his' lane. I refused to move because my exit was coming up.
Next thing you know, it turns out that the ass wipe was an off duty officer. Pulls me over and he called for several back ups, jumped out of his car with his pistol drawn... Yelling. At me like it was a hostage situation.
"Put your hands were i can see" "turn around" "lay on the front "
Needless to say, the Judge tossed that case out very quickly.

No I actually live in the suburbs of CT.
      04-12-2016, 11:23 PM   #138
someguywithanm3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92

Racism exists. Unfortunately, it's a fact of life. What's interesting in this case is that the man with money did not get preferential treatment. I'm not saying that's always the case, but I've noticed that the nicer your stuff is (nice car, clothes), the nicer you are treated...GENERALLY.
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2016, 11:42 PM   #139
bbbbmw
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss
Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl
Quote:
I've seen some shit.
List goes on.

For the accusation incident. I clearly admit i was at fault. I attempted to pass in a 'No Pass Zone'.
The police pulls me over and asks me where i 'stole' this car from? At first I thought it was a joke.
Fast fwd: he kept insisting that a different name showed up when he ran the plates. After i clearly proved to him that it was mine he had an evil smile in his face... Like was purposely fucking with me to piss me off. I'm guessing he couldn't believe a Black person can afford a BMW. This was back in 2007 when the E92's were new.

For the gun pull incident, that one was a long story. Some ass hat and his wife were tailgating me, flashing their high beams and giving me the finger so i can move out of 'his' lane. I refused to move because my exit was coming up.
Next thing you know, it turns out that the ass wipe was an off duty officer. Pulls me over and he called for several back ups, jumped out of his car with his pistol drawn... Yelling. At me like it was a hostage situation.

I was driving some years ago on I84 near Farmington, CT, at about 11:30pm. I was driving 70 in a 55, and noticed a cruiser behind me with lights on. I pull over immediately, and two cruisers pull up. I'm in an anonymous Mazda sedan with tinted windows and out of state plates. I open the door, thinking the cops would like to be able to see in the car - their lights and searchlights are focused on my car - big mistake. They pull guns, jump behind their cars, and scream "FREEZE!" Then come over and threaten me, chew me out, and generally act like assholes. And write me a ticket.

There was no reason for this whatsoever - I was a simple speeder. Racism? No. Perhaps they were suspicious due to the plates - maybe thought I was a drug kingpin (in a Mazda sedan...). Who knows - sometimes you just get an asshole cop.
      04-13-2016, 03:15 AM   #140
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by bbbbmw
I was driving some years ago on I84 near Farmington, CT, at about 11:30pm. I was driving 70 in a 55, and noticed a cruiser behind me with lights on. I pull over immediately, and two cruisers pull up. I'm in an anonymous Mazda sedan with tinted windows and out of state plates. I open the door, thinking the cops would like to be able to see in the car - their lights and searchlights are focused on my car - big mistake. They pull guns, jump behind their cars, and scream "FREEZE!" Then come over and threaten me, chew me out, and generally act like assholes. And write me a ticket.

There was no reason for this whatsoever - I was a simple speeder. Racism? No. Perhaps they were suspicious due to the plates - maybe thought I was a drug kingpin (in a Mazda sedan...). Who knows - sometimes you just get an asshole cop.
My step dad was a cop in MI. It was the opening of the door that made your shit go down. They didn't know what you were about to do. They may also have Ben assholes, the two are not mutually exclusive, but that was almost certainly the tipping point in your incident. That sucks.
      04-13-2016, 03:20 AM   #141
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Whostheboss

Just... Wow. I can imagine it could have just been assholes, not racism, but it takes some suspension of disbelief. I'm nit usually the "looking for racism" guy, but wow. What a bunch of bullshit. smh
      04-13-2016, 04:31 AM   #142
lsturbointeg
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i Jet Black

came across Lups thread and i'd figure i'd chime in as my post i created awhile back had nothing to do with racism but "BMW theft" and the people from here...from this forum ended up making it one

http://f10.5post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1125854
~F90Conversion~21"3Piece Forged AvantGardeWheels~KWV1Coilovers~CQUENCE slotted/drilled rotors~GoodridgeStainlesslines~MeisterschaftQuadEx haust~Akrapovic 4"tips~VRSF DP~VRSF CP~TurboSmart BOV~K&N filter~CarbonFiberExteriorComponents~GladenAlphaCo mponents~MatchUp7BMW~Punch P300-12T~
Follow me on Instagram: lsturbointeg
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 07:30 AM   #143
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep
Drives: What he wants to

Yesterday after work I had to stand on an unusually crowded train from NYC half way to Trenton NJ. The 40-something woman sitting next to where I was standing started a nice conversation with me.

Her: Watch my cord (her phone was plugged in charging)

Me: Okay, but I am not anywhere by it

Her: I TOLD you to watch my cord!

Me: I am watching it and I'm still 3 feet away.

Her: Let me tell you something, I. am. racist! I hate all white people! I don't want you standing by me.

Me: I am sorry, this train is very crowded, this is the only place for me to stand right now. How about if I stand here and watch your cord and you just sit there quietly and hate me.

That's when, a young black woman started yelling "what's wrong with you!, shut your mouth you crazy person" at my new racist friend.

Now I am determined to win this woman over, even just a little bit so she can say "I hate all white people... except for one, I only hate him a little bit". It's my new mission. I'll be looking for her after work today.
      04-13-2016, 07:36 AM   #144
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by wrickem View Post
Yesterday after work I had to stand on an unusually crowded train from NYC half way to Trenton NJ. The 40-something woman sitting next to where I was standing started a nice conversation with me.

Her: Let me tell you something, I. am. racist! I hate all white people! I don't want you standing by me.

Me: I am sorry, this train is very crowded, this is the only place for me to stand right now. How about if I stand here and watch your cord and you just sit there quietly and hate me.

That's when, a young black woman started yelling "what's wrong with you!, shut your mouth you crazy person" at my new racist friend.

Now I am determined to win this woman over, even just a little bit so she can say "I hate all white people... except for one, I only hate him a little bit". It's my new mission. I'll be looking for her after work today.
I recommend the following. Wear a Tupac T-shirt and approach her thusly.

"Hey again. I have a lot of black friends. You wanna be one. I am a HUGE rap and R&B fan. Drake is the shizznit. Fur realz." Lastly, throw a fake gang sign and walk off like Katt Williams. BFFs for life.
      04-13-2016, 07:47 AM   #145
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
I recommend the following. Wear a Tupac T-shirt and approach her thusly.

"Hey again. I have a lot of black friends. You wanna be one. I am a HUGE rap and R&B fan. Drake is the shizznit. Fur realz." Lastly, throw a fake gang sign and walk off like Katt Williams. BFFs for life.
I was just getting ready to start a new thread titled "How can I influence people and make new black friends".
Thank you for all of the helpful tips and for saving me from bad advice from other members, you know how people on forums are
      04-13-2016, 07:50 AM   #146
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
I was just getting ready to start a new thread titled "How can I influence people and make new black friends".
Thank you for all of the helpful tips and for saving me from bad advice from other members, you know how people on forums are
You're welcome. I recommend you also mention how much you liked Carlton on Fresh Prince.
      04-13-2016, 08:00 AM   #147
Joekerr
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi S6

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtodd_fl View Post
You're welcome. I recommend you also mention how much you liked Carlton on Fresh Prince.
I really don't think verbally stating this is the way to go - talk is cheap. My suggestion would be to walk up to her and do the Carlton dance - then she knows you're genuine.

If it doesn't win her over, you'll at least win over a few others.
Appreciate 2
      04-13-2016, 08:32 AM   #148
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:

That's nuts. I've driven new Infiniti's and BMW's and I'm a minority (half black/half asian) and in my interactions with police I've never had anything like that happen.

Maybe because I don't "look" black I guess? But that's just fucking crazy.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 08:34 AM   #149
fecurtis
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 BMW 335i M-Sport

Quote:

Watch the shit out of that cord every fucking day and you'll earn her trust and respect.
Appreciate 1
      04-13-2016, 08:50 AM   #150
wrickem
Big Beaver Smile
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joekerr View Post
I really don't think verbally stating this is the way to go - talk is cheap. My suggestion would be to walk up to her and do the Carlton dance - then she knows you're genuine.

If it doesn't win her over, you'll at least win over a few others.
That made me spit my coffee out laughing. I'm going to do it today if I see her.

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
Watch the shit out of that cord every fucking day and you'll earn her trust and respect.
I'm going to be the best damn cord-watcher the world has ever ever seen! I think I might even be able to watch the cord at the same time I am doing the Carlton dance.
      04-13-2016, 08:54 AM   #151
jtodd_fl
Rep

Garage List
2015 F82 M4  [9.00]
2016 F87 M2  [0.00]
2011 E92 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis View Post
I like this approach. Perhaps with an explanation:

Don't worry ma'am. I am very good at watching out for stuff. I always keep a real close eye on my valuables whenever black folk are around anyway!

I can feel her warming up to you already.
      04-13-2016, 09:26 AM   #152
fravel
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: Monaco Blue '06 330i

Quote:

Could the first one just have been in jest, since you were "driving it like you stole it"? Admittedly I wasn't there, but that just sounds like some good-natured ribbing. I wouldn't put it past the cop to have been fishing for something else by trying to instigate you though.

Second one just sounds like a d-bag on a power-trip. No one is immune from them... but... were you cruising in the passing lane? If yes I agree with the officer whole-heartedly.

Last edited by fravel; 04-13-2016 at 09:31 AM..
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2016, 01:06 PM   #153
Whostheboss
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by fecurtis
Quote:

That's nuts. I've driven new Infiniti's and BMW's and I'm a minority (half black/half asian) and in my interactions with police I've never had anything like that happen.

Maybe because I don't "look" black I guess? But that's just fucking crazy.
I try not to look at things through race. Most times it's obvious that race is involved but i barely pull race card
      04-13-2016, 01:13 PM   #154
Axius
Banned
Seychelles
Rep
Drives: 612 Scaglietti

I'm not a racist, I just hate everyone equally. Mostly the arrogant, ignorant, privileged, and any other form of cunt.
Appreciate 5