BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

BPM
View Poll Results: What color?
Fire Orange 22 28.57%
Melbourne Red 11 14.29%
Mineral White 12 15.58%
Dakar Yellow 9 11.69%
Monte Carlo 23 29.87%
Voters: 77. You may not vote on this poll

04-18-2012, 10:29 AM   #23
YolkyPalky
Captain
Rep
Drives: ‘23 X3MC Dark Graphite

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invadermoose View Post
I also am not sure if the Mineral White blends in too much in traffic.. I want people to see the badass M3 I'm buying
Put a license plate that says DCHEBAG and you'll complete the picture.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:29 AM   #24
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: camaro

Some of you are really starting to prove the "all BMW owners are assholes" thing people say..

Please tell me the entire community isn't like this
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:34 AM   #25
j2m
Colonel
Canada
Rep
Drives: '11 E92 M3 DCT

Garage List
2011 BMW E92 M3  [10.00]
MCB is such a sweeeeeet color!

11' E92 M3 Space Grey | DCT | ESS VT2- 625 | Gintani Race (valved) + Quad Res Catless X-Pipe | KW Sleeve's | GC Camber Plates|Arkym Diffuser | Vorsteiner VRS Lip | P3 Boost Guage | Stud Conversion
PHOTO's: Click Here ESS VT2 625 PHOTOS: Click Here
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 11:57 AM   #26
rhouck
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3

Dakar Yellow ranks up there with the worst yellows of all time. IMO there is a reason it is rare... and it has more to do with buyer preference.

The orange certainly stands out, but I think it is over the top for an M3, especially if it's a stock e93. It makes more sense on a Lambo or similarly ostentatious car.

I also think both of those colors actually hurt your resale ability. True they are more rare and certain buyers will crave them... but those people are in the significant minority compared to buyers who will buy MW/MCB/MR etc.

With that in mind, if you want to stand out, get MR. MCB is the least stand out, but is an excellent color. White is very common (even if it is MW and not AW) though is a very clean look. But you will find a lot of other cars that look almost exactly like you (if you care).
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 01:14 PM   #27
Foodle
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 E90 M3

Quote:
I might buy new, I have yet to decide. Who knows. I usually do like 2 months of thinking before I actually purchase a car, so I havent really decided what my true price range is yet. I'm just going to find my favorite color and go from there.
Quote:
Of course it does. I'm deciding on a car.. What do you want me to do? flip a coin?
Based on your post history, you've been looking for a new car since 2010:

http://www.luxury4play.com/ferrari/6...ving-into.html

Ferrari? Audi? GTR? BMW? It sounds like your hobby is asking people on the internet what car to buy.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 03:07 PM   #28
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Foodle View Post
Based on your post history, you've been looking for a new car since 2010:

http://www.luxury4play.com/ferrari/6...ving-into.html

Ferrari? Audi? GTR? BMW? It sounds like your hobby is asking people on the internet what car to buy.
That post was for my father. He was the one looking for the Ferrari or the R8, and hes finally decided on an Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

I've been looking for a new car for about 5 months now. Not since 2010, but if I HAD been looking since 2010, whats it to you anyway? Am I bugging you or something?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 03:38 PM   #29
YolkyPalky
Captain
Rep

Quote:
That post was for my father. He was the one looking for the Ferrari or the R8, and hes finally decided on an Aston Martin V8 Vantage.

I've been looking for a new car for about 5 months now. Not since 2010, but if I HAD been looking since 2010, whats it to you anyway? Am I bugging you or something?
You mean it's a family trait to seek affirmation from anonymous Internet forum members on what car/color to buy?
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 03:44 PM   #30
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by YolkyPalky View Post
You mean it's a family trait to seek affirmation from anonymous Internet forum members on what car/color to buy?
Do you seriously not do research before buying a car? I like to talk to owners and learn a bit about it and what they think of the car. Affirmation would be me coming on here saying GUYS I REALLLLLLLYY WANT AN M3 BUT LIKE IDK IF YOU GUYS THINK IM COOL ENOUGH TO BUY ONE..
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 04:06 PM   #31
767IJP
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 M3

You aren't.

Lmao
      04-18-2012, 04:43 PM   #32
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

I don't know why people can't ask style questions on this forum without getting teabagged.

People need to chill the fuck out.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 04:50 PM   #33
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
I don't know why people can't ask style questions on this forum without getting teabagged.

Honestly, is this how most of the BMW community is? I've never in my life been on a car forum with such rude, asshole-ish people. I cant imagine talking to some of these people in real life..

"I like white how about you"
"LOL WHITE IS FOR LOSERS AND DOUCHEBAGS"

All I made the thread for was to vote on a color, but they act like im insulting their mother.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 04:55 PM   #34
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Quote:
Honestly, is this how most of the BMW community is? I've never in my life been on a car forum with such rude, asshole-ish people. I cant imagine talking to some of these people in real life..

All I made the thread for was to vote on a color, but they act like im insulting their mother.
There are a lot of trolls and repetitive threads; so sometimes people will give you a hard time. Overall, I like this forum though - nothing is perfect.

Besides, I already gave you the best advice, so no need to check back. I'm always right ; )
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 05:11 PM   #35
YolkyPalky
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invadermoose
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post

I think you are taking your own thread too seriously, because in all honesty these "what color should I buy" threads are treated as somewhat of a joke.

My thought is I don't see how someone who has reached a level of success in their life that buying a new M3 is an option would rely on forum boards to pick the color (not counting spoiled kids whose daddy will write a check to bmwusa, not saying that's you either).

But come on, when I hear things like "I don't want white cuz it will blend in with other cars, I want people to see my badass M3", I can't be the only one who thinks that sounds douchy as hell .
      04-18-2012, 05:19 PM   #36
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
I think you are taking your own thread too seriously, because in all honesty these "what color should I buy" threads are treated as somewhat of a joke.

My thought is I don't see how someone who has reached a level of success in their life that buying a new M3 is an option would rely on forum boards to pick the color (not counting spoiled kids whose daddy will write a check to bmwusa, not saying that's you either).

But come on, when I hear things like "I don't want white cuz it will blend in with other cars, I want people to see my badass M3", I can't be the only one who thinks that sounds douchy as hell .
I think it might be douchey if I put a monster logo on the back of my car and called everyone 'bro'. I love the looks of the M3 and want people to see it, thats all.

it also seems like im the only person that likes orange. Most people I show it to say its gaudy or too much
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 07:13 PM   #37
VMcV3y
Major
Rep
Drives: 2022 X3MC; 2012 M3 Cabriolet

Garage List
Quote:

^ That, yes.

OP: If the poll's results ended with "Mineral White" as the top color, by a landslide, would you commit to buying that color, regardless of other factors?

Probably not. You'll get exactly the color and options that YOU desire, at the time of placing the order. That's why it is difficult for most people to take color questions seriously.

Plus, there are people that create a log-in, write something inane, and then kick the ant-hill. Those share similar attributes such as:
  • an opinion question with no serious answer
  • having posted < 10 times
  • a history on other forums of asking the same question

So...when you follow in those footsteps, there's a doubt of credibility.

I'll help:
  • Don't ask if Manual Transmission or DCT is better.
  • Don't ask if you should get the sunroof or not, or a convertible.
  • Don't ask if you should get 18" or 19" wheels.
Instead...
  • Read what people have written already about their opinions of the transmission.
  • Read what people have written already about a sunroof, or a convertible.
  • Read what people have written about wheels.

Good luck with your selection and order!

2012 ///M3 Cabriolet; Le Mans Blue Metallic. >177k miles and still rocks!
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 07:34 PM   #38
iDRIFT
First Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Fast!

Thought is was for an e92 so I voted FO, but now that I know it's for an e93 I'd go MW with FR interior
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 07:38 PM   #39
gblansten
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 23 Tesla S Plaid

You are an idiot if you pick [insert color here]. The only real choice if you have any taste is [insert different color here].
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 07:46 PM   #40
Poofyo101
Major
Rep
Drives: e92 ///M3

Garage List
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
1988 BMW M3  [0.00]
2012 BMW M3  [0.00]
1990 BMW M3  [0.00]
Monte Carlo
      04-18-2012, 07:57 PM   #41
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Couple better pics of Dakar yellow ..... okay, okay, so I'm biased.

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 08:22 PM   #42
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep

WOW.. That looks good.. How hard was it to find that? new or used? I cant find a single used Orange or Yellow m3.. I'd have to buy new and Thatd probably be 80-90k wouldnt it? I might have to settle for white or red..

My decision on color is getting a bit clearer.. so far

1. Fire Orange convertible with black interior
2. tie between MR and MW or AW with black and red interior
3. Dakar yellow.

I like the dakar yellow, but normally i dont like yellow cars at all, so not sure where i stand on that one. My problems with white is it blends in way too much. (look im a douchebag again). Red is cool, but I'm not sure if its just the color for me. Honestly id have a MUCH better time deciding if I could see any of these in person.. If anyone knows of a fire orange, dakar yellow, MR, MW, or alpine white M3 around sarasota or even 3 hours away.. Id love to come take a look at it.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 08:44 PM   #43
esquire
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 Dakar Yellow M3, 2018 M5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Invadermoose
WOW.. That looks good.. How hard was it to find that? new or used? I cant find a single used Orange or Yellow m3.. I'd have to buy new and Thatd probably be 80-90k wouldnt it? I might have to settle for white or red..

My decision on color is getting a bit clearer.. so far

1. Fire Orange convertible with black interior
2. tie between MR and MW or AW with black and red interior
3. Dakar yellow.

I like the dakar yellow, but normally i dont like yellow cars at all, so not sure where i stand on that one. My problems with white is it blends in way too much. (look im a douchebag again). Red is cool, but I'm not sure if its just the color for me. Honestly id have a MUCH better time deciding if I could see any of these in person.. If anyone knows of a fire orange, dakar yellow, MR, MW, or alpine white M3 around sarasota or even 3 hours away.. Id love to come take a look at it.
you won't find one used. you can get one new for about 5-7k additional . or if you're patient you can get one on euro delivery for about 6-7k cheaper than you would through a normal purchase. in either of the latter two scenarios you should be working with a dealer who specializes in individual colors. not sure of any out near where you live but in California I would use ryan Amico of steve thomas bmw

[ESS VT2-625] [Akrapovic Evolution Exhaust] [KW Clubsports] [OSS Angel Eyes] [Revinora r-CRT Lip]
[Vorsteiner Boot] [Challenge Race Diffuser] [See the Build Thread HERE]
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2012, 08:49 PM   #44
Invadermoose
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by esquire View Post
you won't find one used. you can get one new for about 5-7k additional . or if you're patient you can get one on euro delivery for about 6-7k cheaper than you would through a normal purchase. in either of the latter two scenarios you should be working with a dealer who specializes in individual colors. not sure of any out near where you live but in California I would use ryan Amico of steve thomas bmw
As far as I'm aware BMW of sarasota is the only BMW dealer nearby.. They told me theyve only seen about 3 Fire Orange BMWs but arrived and were already sold, they also handled a GTS once.

I guess I couldnt pay less than 75,000 for my perfect BMW, and thats a ton.. I've found a used fire orange sedan M3, but it has too many doors

If I build my ideal car on BMWUSA disregarding color it comes out to $78,658.. Added the 6k additional that's 84,000 for my dream M3. Damn.. I guess my only option is used, really. Not sure how to even go about looking for those. I've checked all the obvious autotrader, dupont, and ebay. Only found the sedan for 65,000 and I dont want that anyway.
Appreciate 0