BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

BPM

03-23-2012, 01:33 PM   #23
m3an
Banned
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by persian54 View Post
Why are you getting so upset and mad?
see below>>

Quote:
Originally Posted by dvpouldar26 View Post
That 328i was sold 2 years ago. Im in a modded P-car now LOL

As for the 90 degree elbows for your O2 sensors, I have spoken to many vendors in person about them. They all tried it, went through many variations when they did their prototyping, and still eventually got a CEL. You might not get one for a few thousand miles, but you'll still get one. Maybe there's something you know that none of them do though?

And fyi, as an example, the gintani x-pipe throws a CEL. It has foulers and even on an x-pipe with 300 cell hfc's, it will still EVENTUALLY throw an error.

I'm just saying everyhting here is speculation on someone else's findings. I have tried this and it works.. This forum is full of people with more money than knowledge. Interpret that as you see fit.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 01:34 PM   #24
m3an
Banned
Rep

The gintani setup looks nice too, maybe they can offer their opinion.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 01:35 PM   #25
m3an
Banned
Rep

I'm not mad either, just angry lol
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 01:36 PM   #26
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Quote:
Originally Posted by talontid View Post
I'm not mad either, just angry lol
I don't think you need to make multiple posts... you can easily make 1 longer post.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 02:15 PM   #27
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 F82 M4

Bro i have been here for almost 3 years and some way longer since the e9x M3 came out people have tried this solution... But no luck... newer cars are hard to get the cel out with just fouler... Thus shit doesnt work as u make it seem to be... To answer ur questioned YES I HAVE TIRED so as others and guess what... Yeap thats right the shit came out.... Like i said no matter what u do it might take time for the cel to come out minutes, hours, or months but shit it will come out...

In my 370Z even the fouler doesnt and u think it would be easy cause its a japanese cars like i said newer cars are harder to fool around...

Sounds like u havent been around this forum try reading some threads you will see...
      03-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #28
persian54
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: M760/G83M4

Regardless of what has or hasn't worked for others in the past, I'm curious, how long has your car had the extension installed? How long have you been CEL free?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 03:31 PM   #29
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 18 F90 M5, 99 E36 M3 Turbo

I tried 90 degree restrictor extenders (Vibrant). They did not delay the CEL at all compared to no extenders. This testing was all in 2012. What works on older cars with less sophisticated ECUs may not work on newer cars.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 05:33 PM   #30
GIdriver
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 E63 AMG-S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyoshi71 View Post
Oh sorry, from your previous posts I though you were a woman.

Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:27 PM   #31
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

My fabspeed setup with extenders has not thrown a SES in forever...haven't kept that close an eye on mileage - but has to be up to 7-10k miles at this point. The fabspeed extenders do not have an abrupt 90deg turn either...it is gradual.

Mechanical fixes can work if done properly. All the ECM is doing, with regard to the cat inefficiency DTC, is comparing the signal from the primary O2 to the secondary O2. It is looking for a specific change to indicate that the cat is working properly. So if you design, and test the extender properly, it will work. If you just throw on an extender you bought randomly, that was not designed for the setup, then no it won't work...or at least not for long.

Likewise, since the rear O2's are rarely in the exact same place on every x-pipe, there is very little chance that a standard mechanical fix will work across the board.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 06:47 PM   #32
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep

You have a catless midpipe with 02 extenders and no CEL?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:45 PM   #33
m3an
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
My fabspeed setup with extenders has not thrown a SES in forever...haven't kept that close an eye on mileage - but has to be up to 7-10k miles at this point. The fabspeed extenders do not have an abrupt 90deg turn either...it is gradual.

Mechanical fixes can work if done properly. All the ECM is doing, with regard to the cat inefficiency DTC, is comparing the signal from the primary O2 to the secondary O2. It is looking for a specific change to indicate that the cat is working properly. So if you design, and test the extender properly, it will work. If you just throw on an extender you bought randomly, that was not designed for the setup, then no it won't work...or at least not for long.

Likewise, since the rear O2's are rarely in the exact same place on every x-pipe, there is very little chance that a standard mechanical fix will work across the board.

thank you for a insightful post... And to the others I have maybe 10-15k w/ no CEL right now, and my old setup saw over 34k miles.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 07:50 PM   #34
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
thank you for a insightful post... And to the others I have maybe 10-15k w/ no CEL right now, and my old setup saw over 34k miles.
Lets see ur car bro ....
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 08:44 PM   #35
m3an
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean05 View Post
Lets see ur car bro ....
I have been meaning to take some proper pics, but work has gotten the best of my time lately. I will post some up soon.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:06 PM   #36
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
I guess u guys are the rare once... I havent seen anyone else with the same results, i know practically almost everyone throw out cel...

I had HFC and straight and my straight pipe takes longer for the cel to come out same with the fouler....

Wish i didnt have to buy the delete r and sold it and now buying one again... Maybe tune if my car doesnt sell...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:19 PM   #37
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2

Quote:
ok guy, go buy a wrench and read a book,

YES I own a s65.... these things have worked for me no prob, no cel EVER!!!
Listen genius I'm on my second catless s65 and promise you the fabspeed extenders dont work. They might help if you have high flow cats but if you are truly catless they dont work. I own a set and both cars threw a cel within 15 miles. And for the record i've personally installed/removed my s65's exhaust systems more times than I can count. But what I can count is the dollar value of my tool collection and trust me its enough to shut you up. You need to stop spreading misinformation, the o2 extenders do NOT work.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 09:32 PM   #38
pbonsalb
Lieutenant General
Rep

Totally different if you have high flow cats than a catless midpipe. My understanding was that this thread concerned catless midpipes.

Anyone with a catless midpipe and 02 extenders and no CEL?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 10:37 PM   #39
m3an
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
Listen genius I'm on my second catless s65 and promise you the fabspeed extenders dont work. They might help if you have high flow cats but if you are truly catless they dont work. I own a set and both cars threw a cel within 15 miles. And for the record i've personally installed/removed my s65's exhaust systems more times than I can count. But what I can count is the dollar value of my tool collection and trust me its enough to shut you up. You need to stop spreading misinformation, the o2 extenders do NOT work.
you the man bro!!, my setup works fine, and your's doesn't, end of story.

And I installed my own setup many times as well, in fact I had my gintani race off and on a few times this month. Whatever, argument done, you win... but I still don't have a CEL (fully catless) lol
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #40
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pbonsalb View Post
Totally different if you have high flow cats than a catless midpipe. My understanding was that this thread concerned catless midpipes.

Anyone with a catless midpipe and 02 extenders and no CEL?
I know ha i still dont believe it ... Unless they bought the cars used and was previously tuned so with no cel its very unlikely some say unbelievable...
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:14 PM   #41
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:

Bro dont u have a HFC?
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:43 PM   #42
Raptor251
ESS Dreaming
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.5 e92 m3/Ford Raptor 6.2

Quote:
you the man bro!!, my setup works fine, and your's doesn't, end of story.

And I installed my own setup many times as well, in fact I had my gintani race off and on a few times this month. Whatever, argument done, you win... but I still don't have a CEL (fully catless) lol

This is not an argument, they just dont work. Like others have said you most likely bought your car used with a tune on it. Go have the dealer flash your car with a stock tune and see how long it takes for a cel to appear.
Appreciate 0
      03-23-2012, 11:56 PM   #43
m3an
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raptor251 View Post
This is not an argument, they just dont work. Like others have said you most likely bought your car used with a tune on it. Go have the dealer flash your car with a stock tune and see how long it takes for a cel to appear.
Ok, bought my car 100% stock from a BMW dealer; and I did all the work as previously stated; There is no tune on my car. Like I said, it works for me and I am sure I am not the only one, just offering a cheaper solution for others. Again it's a "mechanical" fix, there's no reason it shouldn't and I'm sharing first hand info..
Appreciate 0
      03-24-2012, 12:56 AM   #44
Grail05
Putcha ang ganda...
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ok, bought my car 100% stock from a BMW dealer; and I did all the work as previously stated; There is no tune on my car. Like I said, it works for me and I am sure I am not the only one, just offering a cheaper solution for others. Again it's a "mechanical" fix, there's no reason it shouldn't and I'm sharing first hand info..
Bro i understand your point but so many people have tried that so when u say use a fouler it just doesnt work, no matter what u do or say.... The only thing is when some people use HFC and to some it sometimes works but just a fouler i bet your car was tuned before.... Have your dealer check i seriously think ur car is tuned....

Bro just an fyi if u bought ur car cert. then yes there is no tune on your car but if u bought it without then FYI if ther is nothing wrong with the car they will sell it as is....

I had my car serviced for 2 1/2 years and since day one they never knew that i had upgraded to the new LCI they only found out when they reflashed my ECU... Even tuners will have to disagree with you...
Appreciate 0