BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > Canada

09-22-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: bmw e92 m3 edition AW

Just came back from Town+Country BMW for my oil change and some reprogramming as per their bulletin. So I dropped off the car yesterday. Went there today and saw my meter changed from 12547 to 12550. 3km, fine, no biggie, although I'm sure someone took it around the neighbourhood for joy.

But when I opened the driver's side door, I saw a scratch at the edge of the door, and I spoke with the assistant service manger, Keith, about it. I said I don't want to make a big fuss about it. Just get me a bottle of touch up paint so that the exposed metal won't rust. He said they don't have a bodyshop within facility, so he can't get me one. I was irritated a bit by his answer. Come on, you are a dealer, and you don't even have an alpine white touch up paint? It's not like my car is in some exotic colour I said okay, then give me your bodyshop phone number, I'll go there and get it fixed, just make sure you guys give them a call beforehand, and let them know that I'm coming. He then became unnerving, and begin stuterring things like "You know, it's probably not us, a scratch like this is most likely from a wall, and we don't have any walls where we park your car." I then got really disgusted by his response. When their service guy did the vehicle check yesterday everything was fine, and now not only they put on a 3km mileage on my car, they won't even take care of the damage that they've done to my car. I then ask to speak to him no more, but his general manager instead, he then came back 5 minutes later with a touch up paint.

I said because of your irresponsible attitude, I am going to get it fixed properly, so I demand that you let your bodyshop know that I'll be coming to get it fixed and you'll pay for it. He then ran to the fixed operation manager, and this manager came out and said, okay, we'll cover it as a goodwill gesture, but we honestly can't service your car anymore. Everytime your car comes in, our service guys panic, because they are so afraid to do any damage to it. We'd really appreciate you go somewhere else, so we don't have to deal with this high pressure anymore...

I chuckled... they make it sound like I got a Bugatti =)

Anyway, just warning any potential buyers to think again if you ever want to deal with these guys. I would not have gone to them in the first place if they weren't the closest to where I live.

And I also need a recommendation from fellow members where I can take my car to for my next service. I live in Richmond Hill area. I can tolerate a 30-minutes-drive destination.

Last edited by col.faith; 09-22-2011 at 05:43 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 05:29 PM   #2
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Oops... didn't realize it was this long... The gist of it is that I need recommendations from you about the dealer where I can take my car to for my next service. I live in Richmond Hill area.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 05:43 PM   #3
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Noah, sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience with Keith. He's actually been our SA for all 4 of our BMW's for last 7 years, and we've come to rely on him for most thing. I guess we just have an established relationship with him. Having said that, I always sign a waiver for no test drive/car wash. Luckily, I made a couple friends at that dealer and they always take extra care when dealing with my car(i.e. driving in and out). I heard good things about BMW Toronto, but I imagine that' somewhat far for you. Your other closer options would be Autohaus or Maranello.
      09-22-2011, 05:48 PM   #4
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bunnn View Post
Noah, sorry to hear you had such a horrible experience with Keith. He's actually been our SA for all 4 of our BMW's for last 7 years, and we've come to rely on him for most thing. I guess we just have an established relationship with him. Having said that, I always sign a waiver for no test drive/car wash. Luckily, I made a couple friends at that dealer and they always take extra care when dealing with my car(i.e. driving in and out). I heard good things about BMW Toronto, but I imagine that' somewhat far for you. Your other closer options would be Autohaus or Maranello.
Actually I asked my SA to write out no test drive explicitly because I had racing pads on my car, they won't be able to bring it to operating temp under street conditions, so not wanting them to wrack my car, I told him to write it, and he did. But apparently that doesn't help at all

I guess Autohaus would be the next closest one to me... probably have to try them out next.

Thanks Ben
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 05:52 PM   #5
Jaypod
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Frozen M3, AM V8V, 991 GT3

Sorry to hear Noah - never had a problem with service at T&C - long time ago - the few times I went there. The dumb f**k GM is another story - hopefully he is long gone by now though.
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 06:42 PM   #6
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaypod View Post
Sorry to hear Noah - never had a problem with service at T&C - long time ago - the few times I went there. The dumb f**k GM is another story - hopefully he is long gone by now though.
LOL. Do they have any good people left at that dealership? Rotten all the way from GM to service reps...

Thanks Jay
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 06:52 PM   #7
bunnn
Colonel
Rep
Drives: like a grandma

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.faith View Post
Actually I asked my SA to write out no test drive explicitly because I had racing pads on my car, they won't be able to bring it to operating temp under street conditions, so not wanting them to wrack my car, I told him to write it, and he did. But apparently that doesn't help at all

I guess Autohaus would be the next closest one to me... probably have to try them out next.

Thanks Ben
I would search and destroy whoever test drove my car after explicitly signing off to it. Good luck with Autohaus!
      09-22-2011, 08:30 PM   #8
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

I know it's kind of far but I have seen bloggers here tried out Endras and they are very satisfied.

Autohaus largely have negative feedbacks but I take my car there more often (even though I bought @ BMW Toronto). It's just simply easier for me to drop off my car @ Autohaus and go to work. But BMW Toronto certainly treated me extremely well the few times I took it there for warranty service.

Maranello - I had the worst service experience there in my life. Service Advisor (Brad M.) was arrogant and thought highly of himself; Service Tech was just plain lazy to invetigate my repair issues; Service Mgr was lazy and incompetent as I had a warranty issue with my rim which by one look and told me warranty is not covered.

Last edited by bobblehead; 09-22-2011 at 08:42 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:45 PM   #9
MaxL
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: E90 M3, Cayenne T, 991 GT3

Quote:
Originally Posted by col.faith View Post

Thanks Ben
Not to upset you too much, but I had pretty much the same story with Autohouse - they scratched the crap out of my friend's X5 inside when they removed a seat and claimed it was not them. The weirdest part is that replacing the part they scratched was relatively cheap but they still kept saying that I did that (I picked up my friend's car from them) and pointed finger at them. I'd have to be Edward Scissorhands to do that. Pissed me off so much.

So far I only had good experience with BMW Toronto, although they keep calling my DCT SMG, which scares me they do something wrong to it one day :-)
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 08:53 PM   #10
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: Porsche GT3 RS

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Not surprised to be honest, I've heard almost overwhelmingly negative reviews of T&C. Based on what I've read/heard over the years I'd never give them my business.

My suggestion is Parkview! Nothing but great service there the past 5+ years and it's not that far from Richmond Hill. I actually live 1min from BMW Toronto and still prefer Parkview... its not far out of the way on my route to work so it's become habit. Def recommended although as usual I'm sure they treat you best wherever you bought the car from.
Past: 2008 BMW M3 Sedan Melbourne Red / Black Novillo Leather
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 09:21 PM   #11
M3-Mike
First Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Competition

I've had my car serviced at Autohaus, Parkview, Toronto, Budds, Maranello, and Endras.

By far the best service so far has been at Endras. They really seem to care about my business, and their technicians seem to know their stuff. The service manager is also very accommodating and nice.

Second best service is at Budds in Oakville. Service people as not as accomodating, but the service has always been done correctly by them.

Third is BMW Toronto / Parkview.. they are owned by the same people. However the service manager at Parkview is a dick so I don't go there anymore just because of him. George was the previous manager and was great, but he went to their MINI dealership.

Maranello was OK to me and fixed some issues on my previous BMW which other dealers made excuses about.

Autohaus, STAY AWAY... bad experiences there. I've never been to T&C but heard bad things, therefore never even tried them.

Give Endras a try, only about 20 minute drive on the 401 if there is no traffic. I usually wait for my service, they are quick if they know you are waiting. One time they gave me a 325 as a loaner too for free, some other dealerships are now charging for loaners I think...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 10:15 PM   #12
STALKER
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3, Golf R

I would contact the regional service manager and tell him/her how you were treated.

I personally find all the dealers in the GTA somewhat poor and completely hit and miss on the day you have your car in for service.
      09-23-2011, 06:40 AM   #13
bobblehead
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: warp speed

Has anyone here tried the new dealership @ Barrie ? If yes, any comment ?

Just curious, not suggesting OP to drive an hr to get service done there.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 06:57 AM   #14
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by M3-Mike View Post
One time they gave me a 325 as a loaner too for free, some other dealerships are now charging for loaners I think...
Between Parkview and BMW Toronto I've gotten a loaner every time I've had my car serviced... no charge of course and I'd expect no less. Its usually not that hard, you may need to wait a week or so but its much better than hanging out at the dealership for an hour or two.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 07:17 AM   #15
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

I have used both Endras & Parkview with great service from both.Have had equally bad service from Autohaus & T&C with a terrible attitude from the service people at Autohaus but fortunatly they were our company cars not my own vehicles
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:07 AM   #16
bobbyz
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Endras is hands down the best BMW dealer in the GTA. Not only are they nice and friendly, but the staff are also BMW enthusiasts and care about the brand and it's image. As mentioned before, its about a 20min drive on the 401or 407...would just as long to get to parkview from Richmond Hill.
David (CA at Endras) is acutually dropping off my mothers new 5 today at our office so we don't even have to drive out there to get it. He has even offered to pick up and deliver my car when it needs service, but after watching the trackday video of him on the skid pad, I'm not sure JK.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 09:18 AM   #17
Gearhead999s
Major General
Rep
Drives: RR Velar R=Dynamic M2C R1200GS

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyz View Post
Endras is hands down the best BMW dealer in the GTA. Not only are they nice and friendly, but the staff are also BMW enthusiasts and care about the brand and it's image. As mentioned before, its about a 20min drive on the 401or 407...would just as long to get to parkview from Richmond Hill.
David (CA at Endras) is acutually dropping off my mothers new 5 today at our office so we don't even have to drive out there to get it. He has even offered to pick up and deliver my car when it needs service, but after watching the trackday video of him on the skid pad, I'm not sure JK.
David on the skidpad = Scary
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 10:16 AM   #18
Vise
Captain
Canada
Rep

Garage List
2011.75 E90 M3  [10.00]
I would definitely give Endras BMW a shot if they weren't out in the middle of nowhere.

I actually bought my first BMW (2006 325i) from Mark Endras when he was at Parkview, he was referred by a friend and he was great to deal with. Times have changed though, must be nice having your name on the dealership!
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 10:46 AM   #19
Mr. ///M3 RD
Happy Camper
Canada
Rep
Drives: C63 AMG & 280 SL on Weekends :

Garage List
I don't agree the way this has been handled by the dealership. I would go directly to the very top if I was you. There should be no need for you to seek another dealership.

I purchased 2 of my last cars at this dealership and found the people and sales staff very forthcoming. I never had one of the cars serviced there since I live 2 hours west from this dealership. Nevertheless, I must say that what you describe is totally unacceptable.

Life will take us to some interesting places, fortunately The ///M3 will too with a many of us know this very well, now my C6.3 AMG with 487 HP does it too
---> Click here for some good stuff I found
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 11:01 AM   #20
airwave808
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: M4 GTS

I am not the kind of person who really would go all the way to the top for this either. Just go to someone else. BTW, I have had very good experience with Parkview BMW as well. I think dealerships treat you well if you have purchased a car from them. Best way is to have the GM talk to Service Manager and let them know that you will now be coming in for service.
We all know what the service includes and it is not like they are putting super chargers for us but sometimes dealerships act like it.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 12:16 PM   #21
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobblehead View Post
I know it's kind of far but I have seen bloggers here tried out Endras and they are very satisfied.

Autohaus largely have negative feedbacks but I take my car there more often (even though I bought @ BMW Toronto). It's just simply easier for me to drop off my car @ Autohaus and go to work. But BMW Toronto certainly treated me extremely well the few times I took it there for warranty service.

Maranello - I had the worst service experience there in my life. Service Advisor (Brad M.) was arrogant and thought highly of himself; Service Tech was just plain lazy to invetigate my repair issues; Service Mgr was lazy and incompetent as I had a warranty issue with my rim which by one look and told me warranty is not covered.
Thanks for the heads-up...

I'd go to Endras too if they weren't that far... Heard soo many things about them.
Appreciate 0
      09-23-2011, 12:20 PM   #22
col.faith
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by MaxL View Post
Not to upset you too much, but I had pretty much the same story with Autohouse - they scratched the crap out of my friend's X5 inside when they removed a seat and claimed it was not them. The weirdest part is that replacing the part they scratched was relatively cheap but they still kept saying that I did that (I picked up my friend's car from them) and pointed finger at them. I'd have to be Edward Scissorhands to do that. Pissed me off so much.

So far I only had good experience with BMW Toronto, although they keep calling my DCT SMG, which scares me they do something wrong to it one day :-)
Why are the dealers so cheap nowadays

Guess I'm not going to Autohaus either then.

BMW Toronto might be a somewhat acceptable choice. It is a 45-minutes drive from me, but I wonder if they'd give me a shuttle service.
Appreciate 0