BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Wash, Wax, Detail, Cosmetic Maintenance & Repairs

EXXEL Distributions

02-26-2011, 05:27 PM   #1
BimmerM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '21 F95 X5 M C, '11.5 E92 M3 C

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
My Paint Protection Film (Clear Bra) Install at Detailing Dynamics

I rarely, actually I never post reviews about automotive shops however my recent experience at a local detailing shop changed all that. So, if you are in the New York Tri-state / Long Island area and you are looking to get paint protection film (also known on the street as "Clear Bra") applied or detailing done to your car, I highly recommend Detailing Dynamics.

Upon arrival:

Walking into Detailing Dynamics I was greeted by Eddie and Matt. They were very friendly and helped answer all my questions. You know how sometimes you walk into a place and have that feeling of not being sure what you are getting into or second guessing yourself? Well, not to worry with Detailing Dynamics! I felt comfortable talking to them and did not feel pressured or rushed.

Once you walk into the work area (besides seeing some incredible exotics cars that are there for detailing, ppf, etc.) you will see it is very well lit. There are literally lights everywhere surrounding the work bays so they can get everything perfect.

Install & Results:

Detailing Dynamics' quality of work is second to none! You might ask how I know or why you should trust me? Well, I'll have to go back in history a little to explain. Since 2002, I have had 3 different installers apply paint protection film to the various cars that I had or currently still own. For my new M3, I decided not to return to any of those installers since they did not meet my expectations (which really was not that high since personally I didn't expect a perfect job). However, I would have at least expected a smooth finish and decent coverage along the edge and corners. Those "other" installers left a lot of marks on the film and left a lot of the more difficult areas uncovered. There's also areas of the film that appeared bunched up too tight and creased. Not to mention uneven cuts and very visible seams. I am glad put all that behind me now that I have Detailing Dynamics as my trusted detailer.

Details, details, details!! It's all in the details if you want the very best!! For example, when Detailing Dynamics did my front bumper, they were careful to remove the side reflectors, the front grill, the headlight sprayer nozzles, and even the tow hook cover. This way they can get better coverage and less visible seams. When they did the hood, they carefully removed the BMW emblem so that the seams around the emblem is hidden beneath.

Once I saw the results, right there and then I realized that they live up to their slogan; "FOR THOSE WHO EXPECT THE BEST!". If the film applied is not up to their (or your) standards they will take off the film and cut a new sheet without question or additional charge. The finish on the film is just as shiny as the clear coat on the unprotected parts of the car. You will not even know the film is there unless you really concentrate and try to spot slight differences. Very nice!!

Detailing Dynamics not only met all my expectations, they went well above and beyond it.

Staff:

The guys at Detailing Dynamics, Eddie, Matt and their crew are all friendly and down to earth individuals. Talking to them, I can easily tell they are car enthusiasts just like most of us and share in the same passion for cars.

They treated me and my car with respect and care. My car was handled and pampered as if it was their own. I can tell you that your car, whether it's a 20 year old Ford, or a Ferrari, it will be safe and cared for with Detailing Dynamics!

The Wait:

When you are at the shop you will not be forced to wait outside, in the waiting room, or told to come back later. If you want to stick around and watch that is not a problem but of course, common courteously, don't get in their way. I felt very comfortable there and never once felt like I was just a dollar sign like you sometimes feel when you visit the BMW Dealer!

Closing Comments:

Detailing Dynamics will be my first and only choice for all my detailing needs. They can expect my future business and my highest recommendation!! Rarely will anyone find such a great great shop!

For more information and location you can visit http://www.detailingdynamics.com.
Attached Images

Last edited by BimmerM; 02-27-2011 at 09:06 AM.. Reason: Fix grammar error in the title
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 08:41 AM   #2
AutoCon
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: Toyota Tacoma X-Runner

Great stuff, besides the "Tightness" of the shop the Bulldog gettting his "Sleep on" is classic.......with all the work going on around it did not get in the way of leisure activities(lol).
Appreciate 0
      02-27-2011, 01:34 PM   #3
PIMP "E"
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 2011 M3

Garage List
2011 M3  [0.00]
i wish i had got this done when i first got my car.
      02-28-2011, 10:39 PM   #4
mucusmembranesmoist
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 STI, 2011 Jerez Black M3

I had an xpel paint protection installed recently and the installer told me to expect some bubbles for about a month until the sun or environment evaporates them.....is this true?
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 08:09 AM   #5
BimmerM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucusmembranesmoist View Post
I had an xpel paint protection installed recently and the installer told me to expect some bubbles for about a month until the sun or environment evaporates them.....is this true?
I see you posted this on another thread and someone already responded to you. For my car, there were also a few small water bubbles here and there but it dried out in a few days and all is good. What your installer told you is not a lie.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 09:03 AM   #6
GOLFFRR
Rep
Drives: GOLFFRR cart

awesome, i wish i could do this to my car!

BEFORE YOU BUY YOUR NEXT BMW, EMAIL OUR GUY KOTE FIRST!
Kote M Sales:Kotem@bmwofcamarillo.com Cell:805-368-9101
vipfinance@bmwofcamarillo.com for warranties!
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 06:03 PM   #7
Raz335
Major
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 Convertible

Great writeup and I completely agree with the comments on the quality of detailing dynamics work. I haven't personally had any work done by them but I have many friends who have and are very happy. I've visited the shop a few times and it really is spotless. The always present exotics in the garage gives you some comfort that this is a high end shop as well. I loved the bulldog too. He's a big boy, but very friendly. They're my first stop once my car gets here. How much coverage did you get done?

Jerez Black/Fox E93 M3 - Prem 2/Cold/Conv/DCT/EDC/19's/Ext Lthr/Crbn Trim/Enhanced Sound/Sat
Mods- 20" BBS LM's DBK/Challenge Catback/Eibachs/Trim wrapped black/Lux Angel eyes/35% Tint
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 06:45 PM   #8
BimmerM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raz335 View Post
How much coverage did you get done?
They did the complete front bumper, headlights, the entire rocker panel on both sides, almost half way up the hood and fenders, and the strip behind each wheel well where rocks could chip the paint.

I'm still debating on the mirrors and a-pillars as my previous E46 M3 got chipped up in those two areas.

I need to schedule some time to get back over there for window tint.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 07:46 PM   #9
mucusmembranesmoist
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 STI, 2011 Jerez Black M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BimmerM View Post
I see you posted this on another thread and someone already responded to you. For my car, there were also a few small water bubbles here and there but it dried out in a few days and all is good. What your installer told you is not a lie.
thanks dude...there some areas in the bottom though that were bubbling and seem to bunch up...hopefully it will go away.....
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2011, 08:58 PM   #10
BimmerM
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2013 BMW X5 M  [0.00]
2011 BMW M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mucusmembranesmoist View Post
thanks dude...there some areas in the bottom though that were bubbling and seem to bunch up...hopefully it will go away.....
Do you mean liquid filled bubbles bunched up or the film is bunched up? I'm not expert but if the it's the film then I don't think that will go away. I have had bad installs in the past from other shops and seen this happen on my past cars.
Appreciate 0