BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-07-2006, 10:11 PM   #23
JK42
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E70 BMW X5 4.8i

Well, the M5 and M6 do, so why would BMW make the M3 any worse? Brembo has OEM deals with almost every "premium" brand out there today.... Jaguar and Porsche to name two, although I believe Porsche even uses the name Brembo. Jaguar does not, but sure enough the Jag S R and XLR have Brembos under them (with Jaguar logos on them.) - I've checked, since I know a guy who drives at a local track who has both cars the new XKR and the S-type R. Oh, and Ferrari. And Maserati. Of course

Best regards,

Jussi
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2006, 10:52 PM   #24
swamp2
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don't Tread On Me View Post
I hope that the stopping power is fixed. BMW makes brakes that can handle somewaht heavy urban commuting, but nothing more.
"Stock" set ups on some cars can handle significantly more than heavy urban commuting!

My E36 M3 has stock calipers, stock pads and Euro floating rotors (stock on the EU version of the car). The only other slight upgrade is stainless steel brake lines. This set up can take some serious abuse at the track. I have never actually raced on this set up but have driven at that pace for lap after lap with no problems. Max speed on this fairly tight track was about 110 m.p.h.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2006, 10:53 PM   #25
replicat
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 40MPG

Haha, I suppose thats true. Do you know what model the M5/6 have? Are they made especially for the cars or are they just mass-produce brakes, and then put on? If they are mass-produced I sure hope that they are the same design as the Brembo GT's.
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2006, 10:59 PM   #26
JK42
First Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by replicat View Post
Haha, I suppose thats true. Do you know what model the M5/6 have? Are they made especially for the cars or are they just mass-produce brakes, and then put on? If they are mass-produced I sure hope that they are the same design as the Brembo GT's.
If you want to find a BMW part, any part, go to

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/select.do

And you'll be informed.

Here's the front brake for the E63 M6:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...70&hg=34&fg=05

and this is the rear brake:

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...72&hg=34&fg=10

Best regards,

Jussi
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2006, 11:27 PM   #27
JK42
First Lieutenant
Rep

Funny, I must have remembered that from some speculation before the models came out. I read my own links above and they prove you right :-)

I wonder why not though. Most high-end manufacturers do use OEM Brembo. So much so that I pretty much assumed the M5/M6 had them. I know the Z4 M Coupé brakes more intimately having been involved in changing a set to Brembos (and that they were from the CSL, or the Competition Package M3.), but I haven't been involved with M5/M6 brakes personally.

Best regards,

Jussi
Appreciate 0