BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

INDustry distribution

05-21-2018, 03:23 PM   #1
cae93
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3

Airbag Fault

Hi All,

New member and new M3 owner, loving the car but have an issue I'm hoping you can help with, there seems to be a whole lot of bad information on this topic out there, but very little actually helpful.

My problem is that having changed my paddle shifters, I have an airbag warning, I have BT Tools and it tells me the error condition is still present so I can't clear the code. It is the drivers airbag so I assumed I had not connected something properly, but all looks ok. I can't get the BT to read any resistances, on any of the airbags, not sure if this feature is just not supported on the "enthusiast" version.

Is it possible that I actually damaged the airbag or it's control module? I was pretty careful throughout, I think.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2018, 07:34 PM   #2
cae93
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2013 E93 M3

Quick update, it seems that BT Tools does not support the control module for the airbags in the "actual values", it will only read/reset the faults. Does anyone know if there is a tool/software that can access this? Apparently my M3 has the "ACSM2" unit, not "MRS5" which is supported according to the support at Bavarian Technic.

Can anyone help, or am I sending this to a BMW dealer along with a blank check...
Appreciate 0