BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

03-17-2014, 11:49 PM   #1
Staszek
Schumacher
Rep
Drives: E30 325is,E93 M3,X7M50,F06 M6

Garage List
Angel Eye Wiring Harness Help

Hi, I posted this on the E38 board but that community is a bit slower to respond and this is more of a general electrical question so I figure I would try here.

So wiring experts I need your help. I am asking for an educated guess on this. I have a 2001 E38 740i that I want to put AEs on. I have a pair from a friend who had an E38 that he never installed because he sold the car. They are brand new LED (no name brand) but come with a very nice wiring harness that has plug in clips. Here is my issue, there are no directions. I can figure out how to install the rings, there are tons of videos and DIYs on here and other sites to do that. I have also installed rings on my old E46 before. My problem is with the harness. I am not sure which wires are what.

Here are the pics and this is what I think.

The Red is power, the Black is ground, thats easy. I am assuming the blue is my trigger wire to tell the harness when to turn on and off the AEs. So my question is what is the brown wire coming out of one side of the part that connects to the lights. I am thinking its a secondary trigger to connect to the interior lights so the AEs come on when I hit the unlock on the remote. What does everyone else think?

Thanks in advance for the help!
Attached Images