BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

07-07-2011, 12:29 PM   #1
chmura
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2019 M2 Competition

Help me plan my first ever European Delivery!

I have a e90, AW, 6MT, M3 on order for pick up on Sept. 27, 2011. (Actually 28th but I want to change it to 27th.)

This is my very first BMW and I wanted an M3 for such a long time. Finally after finishing 6 years of school, getting married, buying a house, its time to purchase my dream car! When I heard the M3 sedans production coming to in end in October I had to order ASAP! :thumbup:

Here is my current Itinerary:

Sept 27, Tues: Pick up M3. Spend all day here with factory tour, museum possibly, and watching other people take delivery of their cars.
After a day at the Welt, drive to Fussen. Sleep at Hotel Muller for the night.

Sept 28, Wednesday: Wake up takes pictures and sight see in Fussen. Drive to Lucerne via route 17 Alpine Pass. Stay at Hotel Des Alps.

Sept 29, Thursday: drive early 5am or 6am to Stuttgart Germany, for a 10:00am Porsche Factory Tour. Will I be able to make it if I leave at 5:30am?? After Porsche Tour what do you guys recommend I do? Spend the night in Baden Baden? Any Suggestions?

Oct 1, Saturday: Hit the Nurburgring, wash car afterwards, and drop off car at the Frankfurt Location. (will email them and tell them I will be doing a Saturday dropoff. It is 75 euros). After drop off take train to Amsterdam and spend 2 nights there and fly back home to LAX on Tuesday.

What do you guys think? What should I plan for Friday near Stuttgart? I honestly didn't think I would get confirmation for the Porsche Factory Tour because they said they were booked until September 5 or something. I wanted to spend more time in Lucerne and taking it easy but the Porsche Factory Tour changed it.

Is it worth seeing the Porsche tour?? Should I skip it and spend more time in Lucerne or anywhere else?

Any feedback appreciated. Great site!:thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2011, 03:23 PM   #2
Merlosso
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: Results

I have the same car on order for ED on 9/20.

Google Maps says it's about a 3 hour drive to Stuttgart. It seems like you could make it if you get on the road by 5:30. The only unknowns are traffic and construction.

You can spend a night in Baden-Baden if there is something specific you want to do there (mineral baths?) but you can also go straight to the Nurburgring from Stuttgart. It just depends on what you want to see/do.

Have you been to the European Delivery forum on bimmerfest? It's an excellent resource for planning the trip.
Appreciate 0