BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Cosmetic/Visual (Exterior + Interior) Modifications

EXXEL Distributions

12-13-2009, 02:36 PM   #1
GTAStradale
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: M3 CSL

OEM Carbon-look leather interior trim

Hello, I have a standard titanium shadow trim and would like to exchange it for Carbon look leather interior.

1) Do you know any company producting something similar? Not carbon, but carbon leather? Or anyone selling OEM trim?

2) Do you have any idea how complicated is to exchange this without going to BMW dealership?

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #2
smokinjoe64
Naval Aviator
United_States
Rep
Drives: 12 e92 M3 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTAStradale View Post
Hello, I have a standard titanium shadow trim and would like to exchange it for Carbon look leather interior.

1) Do you know any company producting something similar? Not carbon, but carbon leather? Or anyone selling OEM trim?

2) Do you have any idea how complicated is to exchange this without going to BMW dealership?

Thanks in advance
I originally had the Sycamore wood trim and like you looked for an aftermarket alternative with the 'leather' look. Seems like no ample aftermarket exist with the leather look at this time. However, if you do some searching, there are guys that have applied a lament solution, but requires a lot of either 'talent' to do as a DIY or additional cost beyond the mat'l (if you can find a suitable match). After waiting for sometime, decided to go with the OEM Carbon Leather solution and love it with my Fox Red Extended interior.

I'd suggest keeping an eye-out for guys looking to sell or trade their trim on this or other forums. That's what I did, and got a good deal (mine was a trade plus $200) since the 'new' OEM price is +$2000. Even though the Carbon Leather is relatively 'common' for many e9x M3's, it is still quite unique from any other vehicle interior. As for the exchange, it's really easy to install and there are DIY threads on this forum, which can easily illustrate...that's how I did mine. That said, looks really cool and recommended...good luck!

Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 03:05 PM   #3
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:

Thanks in advance
Changing the trims are DIY, with a difficulty level of 1 out of 10. You just need a set of pry tools. Tischer sells the trim set in the US for 995, but I don't know if they still ship international. Your local dealer might be your best bet

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
      12-13-2009, 03:22 PM   #4
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

Post a 'want to trade' ad on the classifieds. And also a 'WTB', which would still be a lot cheaper than new, even thru Tischer. And the trim gets zero wear, so it should be like new in most cases. I've seen at least 2 or 3 of those trims for sale over the last few months. Just keep your eyes open. Good luck.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 04:13 PM   #5
GTAStradale
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep

Thanks guys for a valuable advice, I have already posted WTB and I am hoping someone is willing to trade, or sell.
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 04:15 PM   #6
GTAStradale
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kev View Post
Changing the trims are DIY, with a difficulty level of 1 out of 10. You just need a set of pry tools. Tischer sells the trim set in the US for 995, but I don't know if they still ship international. Your local dealer might be your best bet

http://www.trademotion.com/partlocat...catalogid=4462
Is that Tischer trim really OEM? Or similar to it?
Appreciate 0
      12-13-2009, 04:17 PM   #7
Kev
Critical Care Anesthesiologist
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: SMB F83

Garage List
Quote:
Is that Tischer trim really OEM? Or similar to it?
Tischer is a BMW dealer in the US, so yes, it's 100% OEM.
      12-13-2009, 04:31 PM   #8
aussiem3
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Goggomobil

Garage List
I have set of OEM carbon leather trim. Almost new ... replaced after a week with CF trim. Willing to sell but it's a right hand drive car.

We drive on the right side (LOL) in Australia.
      12-14-2009, 05:23 AM   #9
GTAStradale
Enlisted Member
Switzerland
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussiem3 View Post
I have set of OEM carbon leather trim. Almost new ... replaced after a week with CF trim. Willing to sell but it's a right hand drive car.

We drive on the right side (LOL) in Australia.
Thanks for your message, but my car is LHD so it will not fit.
Appreciate 0
      12-14-2009, 09:42 AM   #10
albert1028
First Lieutenant
Taiwan
Rep
Drives: 2009 E90 Space Gray M3

Pyspeed has some similar fabric looking, might wanna check there.
Appreciate 0