BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

10-21-2006, 11:55 AM   #23
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
Canada
Rep
Drives: circles around you

Nikki, you just made me threw up a bit in my mouth

Calvino, just be yourself there's no point getting 'tips' from other people, as each person has their own individual style, mannerism and behavior, what works for them may not work for you, best bet, be yourself~
      10-21-2006, 12:08 PM   #24
rwwong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2008 Jeep Hemi

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by calvino
lol this has to be one of the best answers ever.

so for what I understand 1st I should show up to class on time so I have the "opportnity" of sitting next to her, or I can be late again and I will have to choose seating in the front row and I will miss the oportunity to get to know her

but just like the "invisible hand" I should not plan what I'm going to do or say, I should just use my intuition.

thanks rwwong that was a great response !
Calvino,

I'm going to give you a break since this is your first Economics class. I think you totally missed my witty humor. In Economics, "Opportunity Cost," is defined as the cost of something forgone, and the benefits that could be received from that opportunity, or the most valuable forgone alternative. So, in your example, you have to weigh the decision to walk to the back of the class, is it worth the extra few feet? Also, is it worth starting a conversation with her? This is all based on the opportunity cost of what else you could be doing with your time. Make sense. I guess I was just trying to give you some tips in economics to use, and impress her.

The Invisible Hand Theory, was more of a play on words This is another economic term coined by the great Adam Smith. He said that individuals persuing his own good, tends to also promote the good of his community. Or, the wealthy who goes after his own wealth, tends to stimulate the economy which in turn helps the poor.

Good Luck, I can remember the feeling of making eye contact with a pretty girl. Have confidence in yourself, use the fact that she smiled at you to build that confidence. Biggest thing, don't be a dork, and don't act too desperate.

Rich
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 12:19 PM   #25
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion
Nikki, you just made me threw up a bit in my mouth

Calvino, just be yourself there's no point getting 'tips' from other people, as each person has their own individual style, mannerism and behavior, what works for them may not work for you, best bet, be yourself~

what he said. I think college is like a pick up stage. That's where you learn most of the things you will ever learn about women. my .02
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 01:17 PM   #26
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: had e90, 330i mystic blue

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by rwwong
Calvino,

I'm going to give you a break since this is your first Economics class. I think you totally missed my witty humor. In Economics, "Opportunity Cost," is defined as the cost of something forgone, and the benefits that could be received from that opportunity, or the most valuable forgone alternative. So, in your example, you have to weigh the decision to walk to the back of the class, is it worth the extra few feet? Also, is it worth starting a conversation with her? This is all based on the opportunity cost of what else you could be doing with your time. Make sense. I guess I was just trying to give you some tips in economics to use, and impress her.

The Invisible Hand Theory, was more of a play on words This is another economic term coined by the great Adam Smith. He said that individuals persuing his own good, tends to also promote the good of his community. Or, the wealthy who goes after his own wealth, tends to stimulate the economy which in turn helps the poor.

Good Luck, I can remember the feeling of making eye contact with a pretty girl. Have confidence in yourself, use the fact that she smiled at you to build that confidence. Biggest thing, don't be a dork, and don't act too desperate.

Rich
WOW you are good are you a teacher a businessman or a nerd? (lol jk)

can I send you a PM if I had any problems understanding something on the class ??? I honestly don't like Economics I just had to take it but is a requirement to get a batchelors decree

but yea I'm going to go for it, if it turn out good GREAT if not fuck it she is not the only girl at Nova anyways the student body of my university is 25.000 and 78% are womans :rocks:

but I don't going to make the same mistake as I did in highschool I was so STUPID !!! I never told her anything she was

I got the balls to talk to her the last 2 weaks before we graduate she turns out to be a great person, we went to prom together and then you know ...

it could has been a great relationship, she went to NYU and I havent see it since prom night
      10-21-2006, 01:58 PM   #27
Asiann
Got Seoul?
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2012 535i MSport

Garage List
2012 BMW 535i  [0.00]
2008 750Li  [0.00]
2006 BMW  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by StewtheBassman

Just kidding.

Flirting in school is a blast!

Say hi and be yourself...we all thank you're cool so you can't be all bad in person!!
You got it Stew! Women like it when you are yourself and not try the typical pickup line. Try the friendly approach and let her get to know you better and then go from there.
      10-21-2006, 03:18 PM   #28
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep
Drives: e93-35 May08 ED

Garage List
Is micro or macro-economics?

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 03:28 PM   #29
rwwong
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i, 2008 Jeep Hemi

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
WOW you are good are you a teacher a businessman or a nerd? (lol jk)

can I send you a PM if I had any problems understanding something on the class ??? I honestly don't like Economics I just had to take it but is a requirement to get a batchelors decree

but yea I'm going to go for it, if it turn out good GREAT if not fuck it she is not the only girl at Nova anyways the student body of my university is 25.000 and 78% are womans :rocks:

but I don't going to make the same mistake as I did in highschool I was so STUPID !!! I never told her anything she was

I got the balls to talk to her the last 2 weaks before we graduate she turns out to be a great person, we went to prom together and then you know ...

it could has been a great relationship, she went to NYU and I havent see it since prom night
Good Luck, let us know how it goes!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 05:46 PM   #30
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Make sure you have a condom in your wallet just in case (j/k):

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 05:49 PM   #31
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
what do you think I have in my ashtray
      10-21-2006, 07:27 PM   #32
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Just don't let her see the busted up Focus rental....LMAO

Debadged 330xi ED 11/14/05 Auto/Mystic Blue/Gray leather with Alum/PP/SP/CA/Fold-down rear seats/Alarm. Sold to Carmax on 6/7/08 with 50,624 miles on clock
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 08:30 PM   #33
StewtheBassman
Major General
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5d 421,000kms

Quote:

MUCH Better than ashes!!! (and safer too!)

Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 09:38 PM   #34
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

If it was me, I would start off with, "Did I miss anything during the first 10 minutes of class?" And that's all I would think to say because I don't know how to talk to girls. Go calvino!
Appreciate 0
      10-21-2006, 11:46 PM   #35
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Wink

Quote:
Originally Posted by CALIF65GM
Just don't let her see the busted up Focus rental....LMAO
LOL well if she see it and does not mind I will be sure that she is not looking or going ot with me for any material things, but I will be piss knowing that my 1st "real" college date was on a Focus

or that means that I was able to get a date with a focus and not with a Bimmer

thanks to all of you guys, I really appreciate every single advise

I will post how did it go after class, unless I'm busy ...
      10-22-2006, 03:32 PM   #36
CALIF65GM
Colonel
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
LOL well if she see it and does not mind I will be sure that she is not looking or going ot with me for any material things, but I will be piss knowing that my 1st "real" college date was on a Focus

or that means that I was able to get a date with a focus and not with a Bimmer
Good point

Appreciate 0
      10-24-2006, 04:06 PM   #37
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
Thumbs down

Well guys it did not go as well as I planned to

to start it was hard to communicate she does not talk at all I ask her many questions to start a conversation but she gave me short anw, like I start saying hey what do you think about the class? and she was like is ok, and I was like the professor looks like I nice person and she was yea, so I ask her her name etc... but all that she gave me was short anws, 5 mins before the class ends I ask her what re you doing after class do you have any other class left ? and she was like no, I'm going to see my girlfiend I was like your girlfriend??? and she was like yes I'm lesbian I was like ohhh ok well see ya

she give me her email, I seach her on the school profile and here is what it says
Sex: Female
Interested In: women
Relationship Status: In a Relationship
Looking For: Friendship, hookups
Birthday: October 22, 1987
Hometown: Davie, FL
Political Views: Moderate

does this things only happen to me??? it realy sucks, I even was dress nice to impress now I wonder why did she make eye contact with me in 1st place
      10-24-2006, 04:21 PM   #38
BMW F22
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: ///M235i

I dont know what to say...
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2006, 04:28 PM   #39
Victor.L3IchibanM3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 325i,'04 RX 330,'99Corolla

Quote:
Well guys it did not go as well as I planned to

to start it was hard to communicate she does not talk at all I ask her many questions to start a conversation but she gave me short anw, like I start saying hey what do you think about the class? and she was like is ok, and I was like the professor looks like I nice person and she was yea, so I ask her her name etc... but all that she gave me was short anws, 5 mins before the class ends I ask her what re you doing after class do you have any other class left ? and she was like no, I'm going to see my girlfiend I was like your girlfriend??? and she was like yes I'm lesbian I was like ohhh ok well see ya

she give me her email, I seach her on the school profile and here is what it says
Sex: Female
Interested In: women
Relationship Status: In a Relationship
Looking For: Friendship, hookups
Birthday: October 22, 1987
Hometown: Davie, FL
Political Views: Moderate

does this things only happen to me??? it realy sucks, I even was dress nice to impress now I wonder why did she make eye contact with me in 1st place

Sorry about that dude Maybe she has a bf and she might be lying to u..... who noes maybe she might even be lesbo..... maybe u can try again for 3 sum
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2006, 04:31 PM   #40
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

sorry calvino

nice try though.

dont be offended but its pretty funny. just laugh at it. there'll be plenty more out there. i mean plenty more real girls. lol. unless you'd prefer lesbians.
      10-24-2006, 04:39 PM   #41
E91 Dude
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Car

While I was reading your story, my face literally went like this when I read the lesbian part. That's too bad. Since she's still young, it might just be a phase she's going through. In that case, you can be the one to turn her back!
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2006, 04:51 PM   #42
aapriadi
Colonel
Indonesia
Rep
Drives: '13 F30 AW 320i

look on the bright side, she made eye contact with u coz she wants to have a 3some with u
dont worry bout it, there are plenty of girls out there. if she doesnt show any interest, move on
girls are like that sometimes...we approach them and they treat us cold and when we distance ourselves sometimes they'll approach us, be all friendly and shiet
love/relationships/girls, they're all confusing
      10-24-2006, 05:39 PM   #43
calvino
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep

Garage List
2006 e90 330i  [0.00]
what a waste she was such a cute girl

but she is actually really friendly at the begining she was like hard to talk but after class she was more easy going, she gave me her email and cell # and I make the move of asking what she was going to do and she told me she was going to her girlfriend house and I was like I was expenting answer like "nothing" to tell her do you want go to starbucks? or like "I have another class" and walk with her to the other classroom. I was NOT expecting or imagine that she was going to say that even if she had told me that she had a boyfriend it would not as been that shocking because before talking to her I also imagine that she is so cute maybe or probably she have a boyfriend.

well we have the rest of the semester left so I guess that we will be just friends I think she is confused like e91 dude says, so who knows what can happen at the end of the semester

but I'm not homophobic or anything so that does not means that I'm going to stop talking to her, as long as any of his gay friends don't try anything stupid :mad: because my ass is one way only ! and is out !!!

and BTW: my best friend also found the incident funny he was laughing is ass off , but he told me hey at least you make the move

Last edited by calvino; 10-24-2006 at 06:22 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-24-2006, 06:10 PM   #44
Gearcraft
misadventurer
Philippines
Rep
Drives: bubbie mystic blue whale

Quote:
and BTW: my best friend also found the incident funny he was laughing is ass off , but he told me hey at least you make the move
its definitely funny. who would have thought of it. i was like that was shattering. but still so funny.