BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > M3 vs....

12-20-2013, 02:42 AM   #45
k-lo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83, 2012 Cayenne Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by sachaja View Post
The new nav screen looks like someone left their i pad on top of the dash. I think it should've been integrated into the dash.
I feel the same way too man. Wish they would just go back to the hooded design of the nav screen.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 06:54 AM   #46
JuzMe
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: BMW X4; E92 M3

Personally can't get over the look of the crappy rear section of the car though... Looks like a Honda.

Also why put a cheesy shinny "M" on the seat. Emboss ///M would be much nicer.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 07:16 AM   #47
happos2
Dingleberries
Rep
Drives: Gray E92 M3

After seeing the new C class....I might hold out to see what the new C63 replacement is going to be....
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 10:51 AM   #48
Groundpilot
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I DCT , e92 M3 DCT, Audi A6

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarThaL View Post
I really like the M4, but my e92 is still gorgeous. Just like when a new hot babe celebrity hits the scene. She is new, fresh and sexy, but that doesn't mean the established supermodel still doesn't look good.

BMWs, in general, age well compared to a lot of cars in terms of design. I still like the e60 M5, and even the e39 M5, while a bit dated now, still looks good. I nicely kept e46 M3 still looks great, although I think the e36 definitely looks dated at this point.
This is a great post. You said it so perfectly, that there is nothing else to say
For me, new m4 looks better, not by much, but it has more agressive style, which i like for a high performance car. Also, improved looks will not be the reason why i will trade my e92m3 for the new m4.
It looks like this one will destroy the current model in every performance category.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 02:41 PM   #49
Denk
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2021 X5M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex07M3 View Post
This for me is the best color I've seen the M4 in, reminds me of a CSL!
I agree, looks like space gray which is close to the silver gray...depending on the light. Silver gray is my all time favorite color! Here's a side by side with my old e46 and first e92. Similar looking color here.

Appreciate 0
      12-20-2013, 07:48 PM   #50
206_m3
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: YAS F80 M3

Thank god some of you feel the same way I do about the new m4 styling. I think the front is hideous and I really want to love it but it hasn't grown on me at all. I just think it's too busy..it doesn't flow well to me.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 01:24 AM   #51
Ezio
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2023 Alfa Romeo, 2023 m240i

Quote:
Originally Posted by k-lo View Post
I feel the same way too man. Wish they would just go back to the hooded design of the nav screen.
i have a lot of car friends that i see often and we talk cars all the time. everything single one hates the new nav location. (so i know i am not crazy)

my mother drives a F30 335i, i have driven the car often. i have real experience with the new models and i simply hate the F30/80 nav location!

honestly i get into these new F line BMW models and i say wtf was BMW thinking. i mean some of the new stuff is great, but some is simply not.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 03:35 AM   #52
k-lo
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 F83, 2012 Cayenne Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezio View Post
i have a lot of car friends that i see often and we talk cars all the time. everything single one hates the new nav location. (so i know i am not crazy)

my mother drives a F30 335i, i have driven the car often. i have real experience with the new models and i simply hate the F30/80 nav location!

honestly i get into these new F line BMW models and i say wtf was BMW thinking. i mean some of the new stuff is great, but some is simply not.
yessir Granted the screens are way larger but it cheapens the overall feel IMHO. The sunken-in and screen hood looks 100x better. Plus it'll be harder to do dvd in motion without attracting the attention of you know who..
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2013, 07:07 PM   #53
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by I am Earl View Post
Do you think BMW's DTM drivers would come and say the new car is worse than the old one? I'm all for people's reviews, but if they are going to show people in a video commenting on the car, there is absolutely no point of putting BMW paid people there. At least put someone like Chris Harris or some other person otherwise I'll believe opposite of what they say - it's all propaganda.
+1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bemo View Post
E92. The square hood and hideous line above the Roundel, coupled with the ugly head lights, destroy the F80/82. Period.
I would have much preferred that the new design language made me weak at the knees. But to each their own.
+10

Quote:
Originally Posted by fbm3cab View Post
when I look at the front of the one in the picture above...well it just doesn't FLOW. there's the grill, the headlights, the hoodline, the air dams, the vents and they just seem to be all cramped in together. Too busy and not very classy at all.
+1. I agree, it is overwrought. It just doesn't flow. Lacking class.
Appreciate 0