BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

EXXEL Distributions

11-08-2009, 12:33 PM   #1
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 05 range rover vogue SE

Valentino Rossi wins BMW M award, new M3 sedan, and test drives M3 GTS

Name:  rossi.jpg
Views: 8822
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  rossi2.jpg
Views: 6088
Size:  34.0 KB

Name:  rossi3.jpg
Views: 5734
Size:  30.1 KB

Rossi takes BMW M Award and enjoys M3 GTS drive

Sunday, 08 November 2009
Nine time World Motorcycle Champion Valentino Rossi has once again won the BMW Best Qualifier Award for being the fastest man over all seventeen of the 2009 season's MotoGP grids.

Rossi sealed the award on Saturday with a fourth place in the last qualifying hour of the year after wrapping up his ninth title just a fortnight ago in Malaysia. Rossi tonight collected a brand new BMW M3 Sedan for his efforts aboard the Yamaha in a MotoGP season that has travelled over 100,000kms from Qatar all the way to Valencia this weekend.

Rossi now has won five BMWs, swelling his garage in Italy to resemble an exhibition! Rossi also had the first taste of a brand new BMW from the illustrious M Power stable in the shape of some fast laps with the brand new BMW M3 GTS which was only announced three days ago. Faster, more agile and weighing less than 1500 kgs, the latest handbuilt M Power car has a 4.4 litre V8 pushing out some stunning 450bhp through it's 7 speed double clutch transmission. The MotoGP legend took to the Valencia track in the lightweight stripped out racer with MotoGP boss Carmelo Ezpeleta aboard in the passenger seat, but Rossi didn't stop at the end of his first lap so that he could do another at an even faster speed. The taste of BMW M Power's latest was too good to let go of for even a nine time world champion.

Rossi eventually was taken out of the M3 GTS so that he could be presented with his M3 Sedan, but said, "It was amazing in the GTS. Just amazing. It was great, especially under braking with the light weight that it has." Indeed, Rossi was already enquiring about how he could get hold of one for his personal usage, but there are already over 300 serious enquiries about the car since it's launch three days ago.

Rossi said of his BMW Best Qualifier Award, "One good news of the day is the car even if I didn't qualify on the front row. I'm very happy, but Stoner has won more BMWs than me so maybe I have a target still next year!"

Thomas Schemera, the Director of Sales and Marketing for BMW M Power handed over the keys of the M3 Sedan to the Italian said, "Valentino is the best rider in the world and if you take a look at the whole season, he deserves it. I think the younger riders like Jorge Lorenzo and Casey Stoner will be making it tougher for him to try and win another BMW next season. It was our intention for Valentino to have a seat in the M3 GTS, but in the end he wanted to drive it, so he did! I think he is very convinced about the features and the abilities of the car and we would be very happy to let him have one of the hand built cars that echoes the iconic 3.0 CSL racer from the mid 70s."

BMW will continue to supply Safety Cars, Official Cars and VIP Shuttles to the world's most exciting two-wheeled sport through until 2013 with mouth watering machinery from BMW's M Power stable. The BMW Best Qualifier Award will continue to take place.

Press release courtesy of BMW M

bmw m award goes to be qualifier out of all year total and he collected his car and tested the new GT3 not really big news but its another thing bmw do in motorsport to throw it out there
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 01:18 PM   #2
JCtx
Major General
Rep
Drives: No BMW yet

He deserved it. He's the best rider in the world, but for the first time ever, he has 2 young challengers now (Lorenzo and Stoner) that are already pretty darn close.

Funny: when you have all the money in the world to buy any car you want, you get them for free .
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 01:29 PM   #3
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

heres the list of other cars he won

each year i guess it is a different car, or whatever is hot at the time

wonder if a GTS may be next years M award!

Rossi has won four BMWs previous to this weekend in Valencia - a BMW Z4 Roadster, Z4 2.2i, 645 Ci and a Z4 M Coupé making his garage back home in Italy more than desirable with BMW’s finest cars
Appreciate 0
      11-08-2009, 04:34 PM   #4
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dark335i View Post
OP, you made a mistake in the title, it's GTS not GT3.
shhhh

Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 01:25 AM   #5
Bart@AUTOcouture
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: F95X5M | E46M3 | E92M3 | E60M5

the man himself.. congrats motogp 2009 champ
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 12:20 PM   #6
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

BMW M3 GTS turns heads in Valencia

Monday, 09 November 2009
On display at the last round of the season at Valencia, BMW M Power’s latest high-performance car caught the eye of many paddock insiders, including Valentino Rossi himself.

BMW M Power, the Official Safety Car provider of the MotoGP World Championship, exhibited its new M3 GTS at the final round of the 2009 season, coinciding with the BMW M Award prize-giving to this year's Best Qualifier, Valentino Rossi.

After winning a BMW M3 Sedan, the MotoGP World Champion was treated to a test-drive of the M3 GTS - which is due for delivery in 2010.

Faster, more agile and weighing less than 1500kg, the latest handbuilt M Power car has a 4.4 litre V8 engine pushing out a stunning 450bhp through its seven-speed double clutch transmission.

“It was amazing in the GTS, just amazing. It was great, especially under braking with the light weight that it has,” said Rossi after completing a test-drive around the Ricardo Tormo circuit.

Mesmerized by the sheer potential of the M3 GTS, Rossi insisted on swapping his BMW M Award prize for the latest addition in the BMW M range and as the Bavarian manufacturer agreed to his demand, he will indeed be one of the very first owners of this brand new model.

During the weekend, Dorna Sports CEO Carmelo Ezpeleta also had a chance to lap around the Valencia track alongside Dr.-Ing. Klaus Draeger, BMW Group, Member of the Board of Management of BMW AG, Development and Dr. Kay Segler, President BMW M GmbH.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 12:21 PM   #7
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

this is how much weight he holds in motor industry, he wasnt even ment to test the GTS just sit in it for the camera, instead he said he wanted to drive it, then later on asked to swap his M3 sedan for a M3 GTS
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 01:58 PM   #8
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze View Post
Mesmerized by the sheer potential of the M3 GTS, Rossi insisted on swapping his BMW M Award prize for the latest addition in the BMW M range and as the Bavarian manufacturer agreed to his demand, he will indeed be one of the very first owners of this brand new model.
Will BMW charge him the difference ? At $30M+ a year, it'd be pocket change for the guy, but just wondering.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 03:12 PM   #9
jblaze
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by elp_jc View Post
Will BMW charge him the difference ? At $30M+ a year, it'd be pocket change for the guy, but just wondering.
ofcourse not, its great publicity for BMW, 9 time world champion tried the car around the track and insisted he had to swap his M3 for it? says alot

its valentino rossi !!!! but if it was any other rider im sure they wouldnt of even let them drive the GTS let alone swap a free M3 for the it. he will get it in may when germany gets or a bit later when rest of europe gets
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 04:15 PM   #10
anthony @ eas
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
United_States
Rep

Drives: R56 Cooper S

Another congratulations to The Doctor- simply the greatest rider of all time.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 04:36 PM   #11
mach330
You don't know JACK!!!
Rep
Drives: 2011 X5 35i

well deserved. i want just one minute of his life. lol

next yr will be great with stoner (in full health) and lorenzo. spies (sbk champ) did pretty well too and helped out his teammate edwards get into 5th place in overall standing. can't wait for the two texans next yr on the tech III team. of course i'm rooting for the dr to get his 10th title.
      11-09-2009, 05:41 PM   #12
Finnegan
Dog Listener
United_States
Rep
Drives: Z4M/. Z3M, E36/46 M3

Quote:
Funny: when you have all the money in the world to buy any car you want, you get them for free .
Ain't that the truth....and then....

Quote:
Originally Posted by jblaze View Post
“It was amazing in the GTS, just amazing. It was great, especially under braking with the light weight that it has,” said Rossi after completing a test-drive around the Ricardo Tormo circuit.

You have the chance for a nifty upgrade!

Not that this isn't a huge PR win for BMW. And there's a top professional saying it's weight weight weight. Maybe that statement will carry some "weight" at BMW and in the M division in particular.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 09:37 PM   #13
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by anthony @ eas View Post
Another congratulations to The Doctor- simply the greatest rider of all time.

I made a valentino tribute some time ago, any of you interested in seeing it?
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 10:57 PM   #14
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Razzy View Post
I made a valentino tribute some time ago, any of you interested in seeing it?
Bring it on buddy .
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 11:02 PM   #15
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Bring it on buddy .
HERE IT IS

It's my first video, and I'm currently going to start on a second tribute to the legend, the master -- Valentino Rossi.

Comments welcome.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #16
flyinbrian
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 535i

Nothing better than MotoGP/WSBK, hopefully Ben Spies can give Rossi/Stoner/Lorenzo/Pedrosa a run for his money next year.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 11:20 PM   #17
JCtx
Major General
Rep

Quote:
Comments welcome.
Man, that's your first video? You're going to be the next Steven Spielberg . That was amazing. And music couldn't be better (Would you mind sharing it? PM me if you want); that's the perfect 'high-speed' music IMO .

Hope he sees your work and rewards you with a first drive in his new GTS . Good job buddy.
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 11:29 PM   #18
Razzy
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Man, that's your first video? You're going to be the next Steven Spielberg . That was amazing. And music couldn't be better (Would you mind sharing it? PM me if you want); that's the perfect 'high-speed' music IMO .

Hope he sees your work and rewards you with a first drive in his new GTS . Good job buddy.
thank you!

Got a lot of requests for the song.

The song is called: Ludovico Eunida by Divenire. It's a beautiful song, composed by an Italian aswell. Problem I'm facing now is how what song do i use to top this song?

It took me quite some time to make it(the vid), and i eventually decided it needed to be completed as opposed to constantly reworking it. I posted it on youtube first but they took the video off .

PS: GTS here I come!!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2009, 11:58 PM   #19
///Ben
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 e92

LUCKY!
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 12:23 AM   #20
M3_WC
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mach330 View Post
well deserved. i want just one minute of his life. lol

next yr will be great with stoner (in full health) and lorenzo. spies (sbk champ) did pretty well too and helped out his teammate edwards get into 5th place in overall standing. can't wait for the two texans next yr on the tech III team. of course i'm rooting for the dr to get his 10th title.
Spies is very quick. Congrats to him for the SBK championship.

I just hope Tech 3 Yamaha can put a bike under him next year, that can match his extreme talent.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 07:48 AM   #21
Nawaaz
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: .

Pretty cool news!

I'm very happy for the man.
Appreciate 0
      11-10-2009, 08:55 AM   #22
Scorpion
Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Nothing

Quote:
HERE IT IS

It's my first video, and I'm currently going to start on a second tribute to the legend, the master -- Valentino Rossi.

Comments welcome.
That was a awesome vid, nicely made.

Congrats to him, I want a bike now lol.
Appreciate 0