BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

01-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #23
TwoSaints
Second Lieutenant
Brazil
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Seriously, who cares who buys what. What we should be concerned about is finding out the root problem so others with the same issue can fix it (or understand that it's normal).

Gosh, we're not the honda civic crowd over here...

I bought the MT and wouldn't swap for the DCT, but I think the DCT is a very advanced piece of technology which will be, and is becoming, the norm in most sports cars. I think it's great.

On topic though; I think the traction control idea makes sense. For those who have experienced it, are your tires near the end of their tread life? Were the conditions a little less than ideal for traction? For the guy with the MT, did you pop the clutch? We need more info to try and understand what may have happened instead of just chocking it up to a DCT issue.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 10:45 PM   #24
CPM5
Catch me if you can
United_States
Rep
Drives: 16 F82 M4

How do you mean bro? i stated earlier in the thread that my car had the same issue.. loss of power at hi revs... then i made it clear that it is a manual and not a DCT... what other info i can provide you with?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 09E92M34ME View Post
great help
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 10:52 PM   #25
gthirtyfizle
Colonel
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW

Yup, as someone else mentioned, I will bet anything its traction control. Altho the light dosnt appear its still kicking in. It happens to me many times when going over a bump, right after it i feel a sudden loss of power, its very quick tho and gain it back right away. Went over the same exact bump with traction off and it was gone.

Our traction control is very sensitive and intrusive. It will still be kicking sometimes without the light coming on. BTW im 6MT
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 01:01 AM   #26
spyderco10
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW E92 M3 6MT

Why don't we settle the DCT/6MT debate once and for all and ask BMW NA which one is better?
- John 3:16
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 02:30 AM   #27
The Shiekh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

you all need lives. I am glad I got the 6MT because I knew the DCT would give me issues. I AM NOT against DCT the reason there are issues is because its new. Look at the SMG III in M5 and M6....FLAWLESS....one of the most beautiful transmission I got to drive around with. And yes GOOD f1 trannies shift faster but some are not good. Obviously high end cars have good ones I am still skeptical of Porsche pdk but I have driven ferraris F1 and Lambos E gear and theyre just a dream to drive. Much less hassle than a clutch on those hgih end cars never know when youll burn it haha

2008 E92 M3 6MT SSII/Silver Novillo/Sycamore
BPU+ lol
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 06:40 AM   #28
Epacy2
Major
Rep
Drives: F85 X5M

Garage List
2008 M3  [0.00]
2008 M3  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by J08M3 View Post
I bet it's traction control. I have had it kick in without the light coming on under hard acceleration. I proved it was DSC by turing it off and trying the same thing and there was no power loss. I've had this many times with DSC on, and never when it's turned off.

Try again with DSC off and see if you can get it to happen.
I had this exact issue. Mine was usually from a 1-2 shift after starting out and taking a 75 degree turn. It stumped me for awhile too. Took it to dealer and they said the same exact thing. That it was a short DSC intervention.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 07:40 AM   #29
mkoesel
United_States
Rep
Drives: No BMW for now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Epacy2 View Post
I had this exact issue. Mine was usually from a 1-2 shift after starting out and taking a 75 degree turn. It stumped me for awhile too. Took it to dealer and they said the same exact thing. That it was a short DSC intervention.
I agree with you guys.

I wish BMW would better explain under which circumstances the DSC light will come on and which ones it won't.
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 08:26 AM   #30
AW_M3
///M
Kuwait
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 AW/FR Extended

my tires condition is great, but im wondering why the DSC is kicking in when the car is goin fine in a straight line and not sliding, i had other flooring experiences when the car slide a little and this sudden loss of power wouldnt happen, this is just weird.. btw its on MDM

P.S: i had no intention to start a DCT VS 6mt thread
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2009, 07:01 PM   #31
Dr///M3
Private
Rep
Drives: E92 M, E46 M, E36 M

^ not your fault, you just had a question