BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > New and Preowned M3 Pricing, Ordering, Tracking / European Delivery / Dealer Reviews

EXXEL Distributions

04-26-2010, 06:27 PM   #1
han405
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

Time of delivery to PDC after ED drop off..

Hi,

I was wondering, from your experience, after dropping off your Euro Delivery car, how long did it take to pick it up again at PDC in SC?

(My M3's drop off date is May 8th.)

I know per BMW, it takes approx. 6 to 8 weeks to get the car to the dealership on the east coast, but does it apply to PDC also? I wonder...

Thanks in advance for sharing..
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 06:36 PM   #2
ersin
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 17 YMB F80 M3

Are you doing ED and performance center delivery? I can't really answer your question but I do know that for those going to SC to pick up their BMWs that they have on order, it's usually a few weeks later than if they just picked up their car at the dealer. I think this has to do with scheduling, financing, all the other paperwork, etc. so I don't know if this applies in your case.

Cheers.
      04-26-2010, 07:28 PM   #3
VictorH
Major
Rep
Drives: '09 M3

I did it last year and it was 8 weeks from drop off to PCD. However, at least 3 weeks of that was sitting in customs in NJ, so part of this is luck. I had a good pick up from Germany to the ship (and crossing), but got stuck in customs for what seemed like ages.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:02 PM   #4
han405
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Thanks ersin & VictorH,

I was hoping for a quicker delivery date to the PDC.. oh well... the standard rule (6 to 8 weeks) still applies.

A follow up question, if I may.

Can I pick the PDC pick-up date after the car clears custom or does BMW assign the date?

If I get to pick the date, how flexible can I be? (I work 80hrs in 7 days and then I take 7 days off, I would hate it if I must go pick the car up during my work week...)

Thanks again.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 08:03 PM   #5
Alex1911
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3 Sedan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ersin View Post
but I do know that for those going to SC to pick up their BMWs that they have on order, it's usually a few weeks later than if they just picked up their car at the dealer.
According to my Sales Adviser (who I'm convinced knows jack s$#%) the PC gets priority, now I don't honestly believe this, but...

The PC will give you a date (if you have a good SA, they'll advise you of it... I had to call the PC to get mine)... The minute your auto is on the boat, call the PC and ask/demand an earlier date. I did this and got my date bumped up 10days closer. From what I have gathered, the PC/dealer really has no firm idea when your vehicle will arrive CONUS until it is actually on the ship, the PC also has a limited # of slots - so you may be delayed. Stay proactive and stay on their arse.

One thing I have learn from this whole process (other than my dealership sucks and I could have gotten a better deal/better CS elsewhere) is to stay proactive.

ETA: I'm most positive you can call them and say "I'm off xx/xx/xx- xx/xx/xx, when can I get a date?) I think I read someplace that you had 2wks to get your vehicle once delivered to the PC.
Appreciate 0
      04-26-2010, 09:53 PM   #6
han405
Second Lieutenant
Rep

You guys are most helpful. Thank you again.

I also learned that I needed to be proactive on the case..

As an example, my CA (SA) received the confirmation email for the ED and never forwarded it to me.. Only today, by chance I found out that he received the letter on Apr 20th...

I want to maintain a good relationship with the only respectable dealer in Pittsburgh PA, so, I didn't say anything...

I guess I have to cut him some slacks since I'm the first ED deal he ever worked on. (he's a young fella like me...)
Appreciate 0
      04-27-2010, 06:42 AM   #7
Bubbles
Brigadier General
Cayman Islands
Rep
Drives: Green Bastard

OP, I got this email from my CA regarding PCD after ED.

BMW Performance Center Delivery
The Ultimate Delivery Experience™

Hello _________,

Thank you for submitting your recent Performance Center Delivery reservation for __________. Unfortunately, since this production number ( ) is a new European Delivery there are many scheduling issues that we need to take into consideration. Therefore, we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. Please inform your customer that we will contact you with a delivery date once we know the vehicle has arrived at Port Jersey and has cleared customs.

European Delivery Customers
Since European Delivery customers receive a vehicle overview when they take delivery of their vehicle in Europe, a vehicle overview will not be given when they take re-delivery at the BMW Performance Center. This allows us to handle the demand for customers who have ordered their vehicle and have not received a vehicle introduction. Please make sure your European Delivery customers are aware of this situation.

Thank you for your patience!
      04-27-2010, 04:27 PM   #8
han405
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbles View Post
OP, I got this email from my CA regarding PCD after ED.

BMW Performance Center Delivery
The Ultimate Delivery Experience™

Hello _________,

Thank you for submitting your recent Performance Center Delivery reservation for __________. Unfortunately, since this production number ( ) is a new European Delivery there are many scheduling issues that we need to take into consideration. Therefore, we cannot offer a delivery date at this time. Please inform your customer that we will contact you with a delivery date once we know the vehicle has arrived at Port Jersey and has cleared customs.

European Delivery Customers
Since European Delivery customers receive a vehicle overview when they take delivery of their vehicle in Europe, a vehicle overview will not be given when they take re-delivery at the BMW Performance Center. This allows us to handle the demand for customers who have ordered their vehicle and have not received a vehicle introduction. Please make sure your European Delivery customers are aware of this situation.

Thank you for your patience!

Thanks Bubbles, the problem is my dealer never forward me emails...
Appreciate 0