BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > Off-Topic Discussions Board

BPM

06-09-2014, 10:49 AM   #89
Nkc
NOOB
Canada
Rep
Drives: Cars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billup View Post

I'm beginning to think that she feels I'm joking. Sucks for her. It's not that I don't love her, its just that I don't love signing documents with fine print.
Better to let her know straight up instead of having her feel like you're joking about it all the time. Better safe and sorry when it comes to these things. Some chicks are cool with that (no plans of being married) but most chicks (easily over 90%) want to get married some where down the road and maybe have kids while they still can. Plus these creatures change on a dime and what's cool today may not be cool tomorrow.
      06-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #90
cialz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
Already "heard" about divorce. Too many times...lesson learned by the example of others. No need for further convincing.

For those that say "Meet the right girl, you'll pay" or what you just said above, you must understand there is a different type of person out there (like me) who really won't...seriously.

oh yea I know there is that type.. no disrespect.. have fun

also I had a friend who is probably the worst ill never do it type... lets just say he has so much fun that i'm surprised he is still alive.

he proposed at my wedding... lol
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 11:54 AM   #91
John 070
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: 335i cpe

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
Better to let her know straight up instead of having her feel like you're joking about it all the time. Better safe and sorry when it comes to these things. Some chicks are cool with that (no plans of being married) but most chicks (easily over 90%) want to get married some where down the road and maybe have kids while they still can. Plus these creatures change on a dime and what's cool today may not be cool tomorrow.
Something that nobody can fight is biology. Do you really think for a second that folks like Michael Douglas and Larry King are supermen having kids like that? Not only do they risk birth defects due to low-quality/defective spe**, they would need assistance to get it done.

The female is much different, and 35 is considered biologically over the hill and high risk. So it's understandable.
Appreciate 0
      06-09-2014, 02:39 PM   #92
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by cialz View Post
oh yea I know there is that type.. no disrespect.. have fun

also I had a friend who is probably the worst ill never do it type... lets just say he has so much fun that i'm surprised he is still alive.

he proposed at my wedding... lol
No disrespect taken at all. As I mentioned earlier, and I'll reiterate, just because someone says they'll never get married\have children doesn't mean they tout living the "single till I die" mentality and try to actually live it. I know I don't. I am happy settled down with my GF, I just have no desire to get married\have children. The truth is people like your friend who are the most vocal about it are the ones who are really full it.
Appreciate 0
      06-10-2014, 07:03 AM   #93
Billup
Banned
Burkina Faso
Rep
Drives: Your mum crazy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nkc View Post
She knows it is going to be a long time before anything happens, and she has to be accepting of it, because ultimately, I am the one who proposes. If she doesn't like it, she knows she doesn't have to be with me. I think she is happy that I said I would even consider getting married in the first place, so there's that at least.

Trust me, I've had previous relationships fall off, some with some pretty incredible women, but because I didn't want to get married in the same time schedule as they would like, they rightfully didn't want to continue. Which is fine, not like I could be mad, we had fun while it lasted, just two differing ideas that were essentially deal breakers.
Appreciate 0
      06-20-2014, 11:16 AM   #94
cialz
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e93 335i 07

Quote:
Originally Posted by davis449 View Post
No disrespect taken at all. As I mentioned earlier, and I'll reiterate, just because someone says they'll never get married\have children doesn't mean they tout living the "single till I die" mentality and try to actually live it. I know I don't. I am happy settled down with my GF, I just have no desire to get married\have children. The truth is people like your friend who are the most vocal about it are the ones who are really full it.
lol no if you know him.. he really lived it up
Appreciate 0