BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > General M3 Forum (E90 + E92 + E93)

Mporium BMW

01-19-2009, 07:03 PM   #1
RERobbins
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (MT Interlagos)

08 E92 M3 Comfort Access Locking Question

Is there any way to get an 08 E92 M3 with the comfort access option to lock the doors if you walk away from the car when the engine is turned off? I've flipped through the various alternatives in iDrive and if it's there I'm not seeing it. It seems to me to be the flip side of the feature where the doors lock automatically when you start to drive the car. Just wondering. . .

-- Rich
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:29 PM   #2
ISAR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 AW Coupe 6MT

Do you mean other than touching the door handle?
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:47 PM   #3
RERobbins
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (MT Interlagos)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ISAR View Post
Do you mean other than touching the door handle?
I was hoping that the car could be configured that if the key gets far enough away from the car when the engine is off, the doors just lock -- without touching the door handle. I'm new to comfort access and I'm a little spooked about never needing to remove the key from my pocket. It's becoming very easy to forget little things -- like locking the car doors.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:53 PM   #4
The Shiekh
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I think door looks can be activated after 10 seconds of no activity after engine is off. I could be wrong though but nothing is as easy is getting out and tapping the door handle and going about your business.

2008 E92 M3 6MT SSII/Silver Novillo/Sycamore
BPU+ lol
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 07:56 PM   #5
ISAR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RERobbins View Post
I was hoping that the car could be configured that if the key gets far enough away from the car when the engine is off, the doors just lock -- without touching the door handle. I'm new to comfort access and I'm a little spooked about never needing to remove the key from my pocket. It's becoming very easy to forget little things -- like locking the car doors.
I see. While that would be nice, I never walk away from my M3 without locking the doors. It is so in grained I don't think about it. For me it is automatic.

I also insert the controller on a couple of time a week so it stays charged.
      01-19-2009, 08:07 PM   #6
C17MooseDriver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 AW M3 6MT

Quote:
I see. While that would be nice, I never walk away from my M3 without locking the doors. It is so in grained I don't think about it. For me it is automatic.

Comfort access doesn't use rechargeable batteries. It's in the manual and it's been discussed several times in the forum.
      01-19-2009, 08:14 PM   #7
ISAR
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by C17MooseDriver View Post
Comfort access doesn't use rechargeable batteries. It's in the manual and it's been discussed several times in the forum.
You're right. My SA told me it was rechargeable but after looking it up in the manual I see that it does require a battery.

Good to know.
Thanks
      01-19-2009, 08:29 PM   #8
09E92M34ME
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 M3

Quote:

09 E92 M3,AW/FR. MODS:Performane Kidney Grills,Side Gills,Exhaust Tips,BMW Performance Pedals,359 Satin Black GTS Wheels,275/35/19R & 255/35/19F PSS's,Dinan Stage I Suspension,Macht Schnell Spacers 12mmF,5mmR,Rear Fogs,Euphoria 6k,LCI Tails,LUX v3,OEM IND Painted Alpine White CF Performance Spoiler, Front Splitters, and Front Reflectors,Gloss Black Hood Vents,M Performance Steering Wheel.
Appreciate 0
      01-19-2009, 09:55 PM   #9
lincoln
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 Melbourne Red Coupe - DCT

Quote:
That's why I chose a manual. 6MT FTW!! I'm obviously joking here...just thought I'd chime in about the automatic statement. Haha.