BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 (E90 / E92 / E93) > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast

03-08-2014, 06:57 PM   #23
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep
Drives: ///M3-E92-DCT Silverstone II

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunsweet View Post
haha, you persevere. No it's not a joke. I'll be honnest with you then not sparing you the unpleasantness but I was slightly embarrassed for you when i first read and heard your original post and video on your MPE vs. Exh mod. in a different thread. Especially the idling sounds so poorly, in fact i was thinking you were being sarcastic showing how worse it sounded !! Seriously no need for more video of that sound, it gets worse everytime i hear it. Even the OEM sound significantly better even though it's quieter. The more i listen to your mod the more displeasing it gets. So let's call it to each is own preference. If someday you'll get your auditory sense back get yourself the factory OEM back. That would be an upgrade from your current setup It sounds way better than that. I've done my best not to use expletives qualifiers. But i don't think i can hold much longer.
I think we(both) can better stop talking about exhaust sound because i'm 100 % sure (after all this) that we have a different taste of sound !
Like you said before it's like with colors...so you are blue and i'm red in this case !
And of course i would love to meet you in person, and you can guess about what subject we would talk and think we should better doing this > before we start to talk about exhaust sound , otherwise i would be this>
Anyway hope to hear you back, but than in another thread and rather not about exhaust sound !

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 08:08 PM   #24
Ashley Schaeffer BMW
Banned
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

lol @ this thread. Thanks guys!

Ive never heard the OEM mod in person but it sounded horrible in those last 2 videos you posted. Maybe it was the mic......
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 08:19 PM   #25
Kisenwether
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Limerock Grey M3 / Hellrot 1M

Things are getting spicy in here.
Appreciate 0
      03-08-2014, 10:08 PM   #26
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep
Drives: Regensburg Factory E92M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M Power-Belgium View Post
I think we(both) can better stop talking about exhaust sound because i'm 100 % sure (after all this) that we have a different taste of sound !
Like you said before it's like with colors...so you are blue and i'm red in this case !
And of course i would love to meet you in person, and you can guess about what subject we would talk and think we should better doing this > before we start to talk about exhaust sound , otherwise i would be this>
Anyway hope to hear you back, but than in another thread and rather not about exhaust sound !
cheer to that, it would be silly for us to loose our cool on exhaust sound preferences ! We have agreed that it is a matter of personal taste which depends on what cars you've been around before and heard online too. Who said we cannot disagree between people of good character. Have one of those fine Belgian Brew for me.
I'll drink to that

Last edited by V8FunNaturally; 03-08-2014 at 10:19 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 09:31 AM   #27
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
cheer to that, it would be silly for us to loose our cool on exhaust sound preferences ! We have agreed that it is a matter of personal taste which depends on what cars you've been around before and heard online too. Who said we cannot disagree between people of good character. Have one of those fine Belgian Brew for me.
I'll drink to that
Well my friend this sounds perfect to me !
And you know what ?........and it's a promise !!!
The day that you need to travel direction Belgium,than first shoot me PM with your location in Belgium , i will pick you up, but damn... than you will hear the Oem. exhaust mod.but first i will put some earplugs in my glovebox for you !
Than we will drive direction this (see pic)....and make your choise ,and i can tell you my friend they taste even better than they look ,so cheers my friend !
Also is this not something for you ? I know Mike-Benvo(good friend) from my BPM tune and i'm 100 % sure it's brand new, he's in LA > http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...t=MPE+for+sale

BPM DEV-Tune & DCT Software-Tune & Servotronic & coding ///Alpine HID Angeleyes ///Oem.exhaust mod.

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-15-2014 at 09:12 AM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #28
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Well my friend this sounds perfect to me !
And you know what ?........and it's a promise !!!
The day that you need to travel direction Belgium,than first shoot me PM with your location in Belgium , i will pick you up, but damn... than you will hear the Oem. exhaust mod.but first i will put some earplugs in my glovebox for you !
Than we will drive direction this (see pic)....and make your choise ,and i can tell you my friend they taste even better than they look ,so cheers my friend !
Also is this not something for you ? I know Mike-Benvo(good friend) from my BPM tune and i'm 100 % sure it's brand new, he's in LA > http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...t=MPE+for+sale
. Taking your word for it, my friend. Belgium has some of the finest beers and a huge choice too. Too bad I already completed Euro delivery last August. We should have had that argument last year. Lol !

Yeah, I've seen that listing since Dec last year. Nobody wants it, it was on a catless setup which is loud meaning a lot of vibrations in the MPE. Also not sure if MPE invoice warranty can be carried over to a different owner, it may but I don't like complications. Not to mention he said he tried to fit this E92 MPE on his E90 .. There's a reason i has to sell low. Also that is an ECU map hacking garage business that he is been operating at the risk of many unaware people. He's been trying to sell his little software hack in main sections of the forum on every occasions instead of keeping it in the vendors commercial section. He was banned for a while. That is exactly the type of underground business that I would never let mess around a $75k car.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 01:02 PM   #29
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
. Taking your word for it, my friend. Belgium has some of the finest beers and a huge choice too. Too bad I already completed Euro delivery last August. We should have had that argument last year. Lol !

Yeah, I've seen that listing since Dec last year. Nobody wants it, it was on a catless setup which is loud meaning a lot of vibrations in the MPE. Also not sure if MPE invoice warranty can be carried over to a different owner, it may but I don't like complications. Not to mention he said he tried to fit this E92 MPE on his E90 .. There's a reason i has to sell low. Also that is an ECU map hacking garage business that he is been operating at the risk of many unaware people. He's been trying to sell his little software hack in main sections of the forum on every occasions instead of keeping it in the vendors commercial section. He was banned for a while. That is exactly the type of underground business that I would never let mess around a $75k car.
No...no, no wait ! Mike is a very honest and serious person and kind too !
BTW...you should ask him about the warranty of the MPE ?
I have his BPM tune and his customer service is outstanding and about the banning,i saw how this was happend it was a totaly different case and caused by another and bad member on this forum that's why is this member still banned and maybe even permanent !

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-09-2014 at 01:24 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 02:43 PM   #30
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
No...no, no wait ! Mike is a very honest and serious person and kind too !
BTW...you should ask him about the warranty of the MPE ?
I have his BPM tune and his customer service is outstanding and about the banning,i saw how this was happend it was a totaly different case and caused by another and bad member on this forum that's why is this member still banned and maybe even permanent !
Well, anyone who is in the business of making money over a software hack even if the software happens to be on a $75k car ECU map is going to be nice to cash your check and make sure you publicize them around. I am not saying he is a bad guy, but when it comes to a $75k car designed by literally hundreds of engineers it's your responsibility to decide who you want to trust your engine ECU map too. AFAIAC that does not include an underground OBD2 hacker over the internet that overwrites your engine map without even having your car on a bench and properly checking the engine sensors. No thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2014, 03:45 PM   #31
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
Well, anyone who is in the business of making money over a software hack even if the software happens to be on a $75k car ECU map is going to be nice to cash your check and make sure you publicize them around. I am not saying he is a bad guy, but when it comes to a $75k car designed by literally hundreds of engineers it's your responsibility to decide who you want to trust your engine ECU map too. AFAIAC that does not include an underground OBD2 hacker over the internet that overwrites your engine map without even having your car on a bench and properly checking the engine sensors. No thanks.
First i had the same point of view just like you but after reading threads from members on this forum about the BPM tune & Mike i saw nothing else than very positive reactions !
And than after 10/12 months i decided to pull the trigger too with in mind when the car was running not well than i took it to my BMW dealer for a update and the problem was solved,so no fire here !
And actualy it's contrary ,last time when my car was at my BMW dealer for a oil change i said please no updates for me,because i wanted to keep my BPM DEV tune !
And even BMW has updates and is playing with the ECU map all the time to make our cars better and when BPM is a lot better than the BMW map...so why not ?
He tuned cars in more than 40 countries and never i saw one negative point about it,and personal i can tell you my car is running stronger than ever before,smoother,better response,top speed max,sound,servotronic and DCT software upgrade and shifts are very fast now all together car feels way faster and consumes less than before...what do we want more ?
Personal i go never again back to stock,one's you have it you know what i'm talking about ,a ///M3 should be like this from the factory...no doubt !
Here a link of my post ///M3 stock + BPM DEV tune in action on the Deutsche Autobahn and top speed of almost + 320 km/u > 200 mph ! That's what i'm feeling about a"real ///M3" with my BPM DEV tune # 29 on this page http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post15565497

Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 01:11 PM   #32
V8FunNaturally
Banned
Rep

Quote:
First i had the same point of view just like you but after reading threads from members on this forum about the BPM tune & Mike i saw nothing else than very positive reactions !
And than after 10/12 months i decided to pull the trigger too with in mind when the car was running not well than i took it to my BMW dealer for a update and the problem was solved,so no fire here !
And actualy it's contrary ,last time when my car was at my BMW dealer for a oil change i said please no updates for me,because i wanted to keep my BPM DEV tune !
And even BMW has updates and is playing with the ECU map all the time to make our cars better and when BPM is a lot better than the BMW map...so why not ?
He tuned cars in more than 40 countries and never i saw one negative point about it,and personal i can tell you my car is running stronger than ever before,smoother,better response,top speed max,sound,servotronic and DCT software upgrade and shifts are very fast now all together car feels way faster and consumes less than before...what do we want more ?
Personal i go never again back to stock,one's you have it you know what i'm talking about ,a ///M3 should be like this from the factory...no doubt !
Here a link of my post ///M3 stock + BPM DEV tune in action on the Deutsche Autobahn and top speed of almost + 320 km/u > 200 mph ! That's what i'm feeling about a"real ///M3" with my BPM DEV tune # 29 on this page http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthr...1#post15565497
The main difference is that bmw ecu map upgrades are made with reliability in mind by the manufacturer and design engineers who know the engine. Bmw has to pay the repair bills under factory warranty if their map was detrimental to your engine. BPM has no liability whatsoever if your hacked ECU map engine fails. All he is doing is collecting money over the internet for blindly hacking into your $75k car for short term performance gain. Good luck on the long term reliability of your engine !
Appreciate 0
      03-10-2014, 06:44 PM   #33
///M Power-Belgium
General
Belgium
Rep

Quote:
The main difference is that bmw ecu map upgrades are made with reliability in mind by the manufacturer and design engineers who know the engine. Bmw has to pay the repair bills under factory warranty if their map was detrimental to your engine. BPM has no liability whatsoever if your hacked ECU map engine fails. All he is doing is collecting money over the internet for blindly hacking into your $75k car for short term performance gain. Good luck on the long term reliability of your engine !
So when a tune is a big problem "and that is what you are saying" and it's very dangerous for our engine,well than we need to go even a step further.....and we are going to think logic !
What do you think about the guys on this forum with SC's ?
With more than 600 HP under the hood and running 2-3 years and more without any problem and with 60-70 K miles on it !?!? (i think you saw them too)
Than i think... is good luck not required for my engine with only the BPM tune ?

Last edited by ///M Power-Belgium; 03-10-2014 at 07:01 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2014, 08:03 AM   #34
B8bydesign
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 BMW M3

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [10.00]
sunsweet - I may end up keeping mine as I actually love the sound way more than I originally thought. However, I did find this one in the classifieds last night located in NC

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=943848
Sold: '11.5 e92 M3 | DCT | Mineral White/Novillo | ZCP | ZCV | ZCW | ZP2 | M Performance | ACM | BPM | iND | Thule | LUX | Macht Schnell | Broadway Static | Rogue Engineering | BBS | Challenge | Metak
Appreciate 0