BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > E90/E92 M3 Technical Topics > Engine, Transmission, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU Software Modifications

European Auto Source (EAS)

12-01-2011, 02:23 AM   #1
Dellort_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Valvetronic Exhaust Systems Help

Hey guys, Im kind of toying with the idea of changing up my exhaust. I have an akra slip-on which is not loud enough for me, and the evo system isnt much louder. With all these valvetronic systems around its easy to have a loud and quiet exhaust which is truly the best of both worlds. My question is which to get. I know most of you will say its personal preference and such but I have only heard one (kreissieg) and doubt I will have the opportunity to hear them all, especially at the same time. So what truly makes one better than it other sound? cost? or quality?

The kreissieg is really nice and basically what I want, but many of you know how expensive it is. So what are my alternatives?

Innotech F1? From the videos ive seen/heard, the innotech is too raspy for my liking.(not exactly sure if thats like in real life).

Meisterschaft GTC? The meisterschaft ive only recentlly come across and doesnt seem to be that popular. Although its video did sound really good.

Or the new Evolve?And the evolve it new, but the videos show that it is a nice system.

The one thing I didnt like about the kreissieg is that it is a vacuum valve system where the valve is either wide open or shut closed. This is opposed to the meisterschaft system where the valves can be seen moving and can possibly be left inbetween to adjust the sound better to ones liking. I dont know how the other valves systems work but hopefully you guys can chime in.

Now what are the costs?
innotech ?
Kreissieg ~ $8000+
Meisterschaft ?
Evolve ~ $6000

Now is it in my best interest to just buy the least expensive system since I feel they all sound the same at wot?

Or should I scratch all these ideas and get electronic cutouts?

Thanks
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red 6MT E92 M3 | Active Stage 2 w/Meth | KW Clubsport | OSS | Challenge Front Lip | Vorsteiner Type 2 Rear Diffuser and Bootlid | Brembo | Recaro | Akrapovic Slip-On | Challenge Race+ X-Pipe | Vossen CV3 | OEM 359M | TE37SL
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 02:44 AM   #2
lippi
Private
Rep
Drives: M3 e92

I have the Kreissieg exhaust with Challenge Race+ x-pipe.
The sound is amazing, definitely loud, maybe even the loudest setup

Call IND, they will help you to meet your need
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 04:07 AM   #3
Taz@Evolve. P
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Quick enough

Just to answer one of your questions - our system is either open or closed though it is electronic.

The main reason for this is the intricate design of the rear section that is completely unique - in that, in the quiet setting it does not lose the typical 20hp that other systems do by simply blocking off a section. That was the challenge we wanted to tackle and successfully managed
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 07:20 AM   #4
MR///M3
e90post veteran
United_States
Rep
Drives: Past: '12 M3, '09 335

you could always go with the Innotech sport system as I don't think it's as raspy. I have the Innotech F1, but I haven't gotten it installed yet (I will next friday). The Innotech systems have the vacuum valve operation and is either wide open or shut. Also, I think the videos don't accurately portray the sound of the Innotech (I don't think it is as raspy in real life, but I could be wrong). Pricing for the F1 system is $6200 and pricing for the sport system is a little under $5000
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 08:00 AM   #5
gasterus
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: M6

I have innotech and is happy with the noise it makes . Evolve exhaust sounds very convincing too, especially if they claim no loss in hp when the valve is close.
07 M6 blk/blk, Racing Dynamics RS58 stroker with custom ECU tune, Primary cat bypassed+Akrapovic Evolution exhaust, BMC air filters, RPI air scoops, H&R springs, Dinan FRC & rear sway bar, 20" AC Schnitzer V

08 E92 M3 sparkling graphite/red, Competition pack, Innotech exhaust
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 09:36 AM   #6
Sales@Evolve
BimmerPost Supporting Vendor
Rep

Drives: Slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by gasterus View Post
I have innotech and is happy with the noise it makes . Evolve exhaust sounds very convincing too, especially if they claim no loss in hp when the valve is close.
small correction if you don't mind.. not a claim but proven with loads of R&D.

What's more interesting is that happens when you close the valve on the power losing systems! What is the ECU doing? I can tell you it will retard ignition and drive it for a long time on the valves closed setting and you will have negative knock adaptions long term.
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:11 PM   #7
mahmud///M
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 M3 E92 Jerez Black

Subscribed
Appreciate 0
      12-01-2011, 10:31 PM   #8
Singletrack
4th down; 4th quarter? Renegade.
United_States
Rep
Drives: 09 SSII E92 M3; 19 FG M5C

Evolve - they have crushed the competition in my eyes.
Appreciate 0
      12-02-2011, 10:35 AM   #9
sA x sKy
Sameet
Bangladesh
Rep
Drives: AY/B M4 '15

Garage List
2015 BMW M4  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Singletrack View Post
Evolve - they have crushed the competition in my eyes.
+1

If only they made a 335i exhaust...
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2011, 01:31 PM   #10
Dellort_M3
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 E92 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lippi View Post
I have the Kreissieg exhaust with Challenge Race+ x-pipe.
The sound is amazing, definitely loud, maybe even the loudest setup

Call IND, they will help you to meet your need
Question: Why did you go with the challenge race+ x pipe instead of the kreissieg one. Theyre basically both catless non resonated xpipes, so why not keep the setup the same brand.
2011 Alpine White/Fox Red 6MT E92 M3 | Active Stage 2 w/Meth | KW Clubsport | OSS | Challenge Front Lip | Vorsteiner Type 2 Rear Diffuser and Bootlid | Brembo | Recaro | Akrapovic Slip-On | Challenge Race+ X-Pipe | Vossen CV3 | OEM 359M | TE37SL
Appreciate 0