BMW M3 Forum (E90 E92)

BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

Go Back   M3Post - BMW M3 Forum > M3 Marketplace > Vendor Comments/Review/Feedback Forum

European Auto Source (EAS)

08-03-2013, 08:22 AM   #1
E92inSG
Captain
Rep
Drives: F80 M3

GT MOTORING delays - What can I do???

I'm now also having problems with GT Motoring regarding my order of brake discs and camber plates. Total value of order including shipping was $2300.

I paid $2000 deposit on 22 May, and was told that the items would take 1.5-2 weeks to get to their warehouse.

12 June, i asked for update and Greg said he will check with Brembo on ETA (no replies after that)

25 June, i asked for another update and Greg says he will check in with Brembo as he has been busy with another customer trackside support (no replies after that)

8 July, i tell Greg i'm getting pissed off, and he replies the rotors should be in on 10 July. I then ask if the other parts are in yet, and he says he will check (no more replies)

16 July, "what's happening Greg?" Greg says there's a pickup scheduled for 19 July.

23 July, I tell Greg straight up that I feel I am being cheated and intend to launch a Paypal claim. I believe I have been misled/ lied to at various points leading up to here. Greg then says he has been busy with trackside support and will forward me tracking info asap. Then issues me a tracking number Fed Ex. 796289262433 (says shipment initiated but not picked up)

28 July, Fedex tracking still shows INITIATED, NOT PICKED UP. Email Greg, he said they were waiting for my outstanding payment of $300. OK FINE, i sent the remainder IMMEDIATELY

its 3 Aug today, Greg hasn't replied to my last 2 emails asking if he received my full payment,

I have doubts that the parts are indeed with them but what can I do from here on? I have given more than sufficient time for Greg to reply. I always wait a few days before sending a follow up email and understand he has other customers as well.

Previously I have bought wheels and other parts from them which have all shipped and received promptly.
      08-03-2013, 08:26 AM   #2
E92inSG
Captain
Rep

is there anyway to check for sure if they have the parts at all on hand, or if the initial orders were even placed?

i know they've come thru for me before but i have read bad feedback about them before as well so I'm worried.

Do I have a right to ask for 100% refund?

What can I do if they continue to string me along with their delay tactics of providing a date but no proof of pickup by Fedex?
      08-06-2013, 10:18 AM   #3
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by E92inSG View Post
is there anyway to check for sure if they have the parts at all on hand, or if the initial orders were even placed?

i know they've come thru for me before but i have read bad feedback about them before as well so I'm worried.

Do I have a right to ask for 100% refund?

What can I do if they continue to string me along with their delay tactics of providing a date but no proof of pickup by Fedex?
Guy,

Just talked to ya on the phone a min ago. We'll get this sorted so the remaining items can be picked up by fed ex here.

Sorry for got getting to your email yesterday as I was out off site about half the day. I did not mean to leave you hanging here.
Appreciate 0
      08-06-2013, 11:00 AM   #4
BMW Fanatic
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: slow

Lol. Why is it that whenever a customer issue arises all the companies, reputable or not, always say the guys either on holiday or was out of the office for half the day..you might as well say your girlfriend got into a fight with a huge dog and the fireman had to stick a finger up somebody's ass (Ted reference btw).
Appreciate 0
      08-12-2013, 06:19 PM   #5
E92inSG
Captain
Rep

Finally on 12 Aug at 5.28pm my package has been picked up by fedex and is on its way to me.

I guess I should thank Greg for his efforts and upgrading the shipping to make up for the delays on his end.

But I'm not going to. Cos this doesn't even come close to making up for being lied to and missing my shipping deadline by more than a month.

Buying tracking parts for your car and then missing 2 tracking events that u needed the parts for just sucks ass.
      08-13-2013, 03:58 PM   #6
lsmkr01
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Quote:
Finally on 12 Aug at 5.28pm my package has been picked up by fedex and is on its way to me.

I guess I should thank Greg for his efforts and upgrading the shipping to make up for the delays on his end.

But I'm not going to. Cos this doesn't even come close to making up for being lied to and missing my shipping deadline by more than a month.

Buying tracking parts for your car and then missing 2 tracking events that u needed the parts for just sucks ass.
Let us know if the parts arrive as advertised and not damaged or worse yet.... not authentic/quality.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 01:47 AM   #7
E92inSG
Captain
Rep

Packaged arrived.......

Minus the vorshlag camber plates

The saga continues.....
      08-15-2013, 09:37 AM   #8
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Packaged arrived.......

Minus the vorshlag camber plates

The saga continues.....
Sent you an email about the plates as we require some additional info for your unique application for the inserts.
Appreciate 0
      08-15-2013, 09:47 AM   #9
E92inSG
Captain
Rep

credit where credit is due. Some of the other parts I ordered were upgraded to another brand at GT MOTORING own cost, in order to try and make up for the delays on their end.

I try to make this thread as fair and informative as possible.

As for the camber plates, I await your reply.
      01-03-2014, 05:23 PM   #10
bwong247
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Sent you an email about the plates as we require some additional info for your unique application for the inserts.
Hello Challenge, i would like to discuss my order, Order #646, i have been told that i would get it in 1 month , then 2 months , then 3 months and still yet to receive my order..... i would like to just get my refund for money back since i am getting no where. He told me 3 weeks ago that it was coming in a few days and yeah i don't like being lied to.
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2014, 05:41 PM   #11
kchu221
JDM whore
South Korea
Rep
Drives: 2009 997.1 Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwong247 View Post
Hello Challenge, i would like to discuss my order, Order #646, i have been told that i would get it in 1 month , then 2 months , then 3 months and still yet to receive my order..... i would like to just get my refund for money back since i am getting no where. He told me 3 weeks ago that it was coming in a few days and yeah i don't like being lied to.
wow... seems like GT motoring delays alot of customers orders...
      01-03-2014, 05:56 PM   #12
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Brandon,

Your Web order was placed and finalized on about 10/9/13 after discussing the needed modifications to fit the back order part from Spoon Sports for your car and were given and ETA for the item as it was not normally stocked. They gave us updates as often as possible per our request.

You called yesterday and spoke to us and we demanded tracking and stock receipt confirmation from the importer we used on this. Edit: Your item arrived In just before the holiday and looks like they did not get it out before their x mas to new years break.

Your back order Spoon item was provided a label number and uploaded to your online account about 25 min ago. Please email us with any questions on it. They had provided an ETA to your location as well with the tracking

Update:
Customer had not yet checked online account with vendor provided tracking

Last edited by GTM_Challenge; 01-03-2014 at 06:11 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-04-2014, 07:39 PM   #13
bwong247
Registered
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GTM_Challenge View Post
Brandon,

Your Web order was placed and finalized on about 10/9/13 after discussing the needed modifications to fit the back order part from Spoon Sports for your car and were given and ETA for the item as it was not normally stocked. They gave us updates as often as possible per our request.

You called yesterday and spoke to us and we demanded tracking and stock receipt confirmation from the importer we used on this. Edit: Your item arrived In just before the holiday and looks like they did not get it out before their x mas to new years break.

Your back order Spoon item was provided a label number and uploaded to your online account about 25 min ago. Please email us with any questions on it. They had provided an ETA to your location as well with the tracking

Update:
Customer had not yet checked online account with vendor provided tracking
I originally knew that minor mods would be needed to fit the car. but after that you guys delayed on all the updates, i would call or email and ask every 3 weeks or so about update and i would never receive a update back. Like i said, you keep promising random times on which the item will come into your store but i would just want a actual eta delivery instead of oh it will come soon soon.. soon ... soon... Anyways after looking on these forums about your services i know you guys are pretty sketch. I have contacted other sites which have the same item and i asked them how long it would take and they gave me straight up answer of 2 - 3 months.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2014, 10:44 AM   #14
GTM_Challenge
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I originally knew that minor mods would be needed to fit the car. but after that you guys delayed on all the updates, i would call or email and ask every 3 weeks or so about update and i would never receive a update back. Like i said, you keep promising random times on which the item will come into your store but i would just want a actual eta delivery instead of oh it will come soon soon.. soon ... soon... Anyways after looking on these forums about your services i know you guys are pretty sketch. I have contacted other sites which have the same item and i asked them how long it would take and they gave me straight up answer of 2 - 3 months.

We were only just passing on the ETA given by the supplier in this case. I'm sorry we couldn't get you more information than was provided to us. I would have preferred they just told us it was going to be 2-3 mos as well as that seemed to be the case other vendors said too and set you up for a realistic timeframe. Thank you.
Appreciate 0